Have brought this brand for a while and have never had a problem with it. I figured I'd just read on my trusted Amazon to see what is out there. I used 2tsp of leaves -- heaping. This page works best with JavaScript. Among other low-end genmaicha, I prefer this one to … It's also really inexpensive, so that's another plus. Wonderful customer service, and I am very thankful with my purchase now! Reviewed in the United States on February 15, 2018. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Yamamotoyama - Genmai Cha (Brown Rice Tea) 16 bags, See all details for Yamamotoyama - Genmai Cha (Brown Rice Tea) 16 bags, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Discover tea. It had a rich, roasted rice taste. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Yamamotoyama Genmai-cha Green Tea with Roasted Rice, 16 Tea Bags... Yamamotoyama Genmai-cha Green Tea with Roasted Rice, 16 Tea Bags 1.69-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12). Genmaicha is really soothing especially after a meal as it seems to help avoid feeling bloated. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I ordered this Yamamotoyama tea as a substitute product due to supply disruptions to my usual Ito En tea (the only time I've ever had an Amazon.com order canceled! Excellent work, Yamamotoyama. I felt as if I could taste and smell it all day. I ordered this product a year ago, and it was my favorite tea ever. There's a problem loading this menu right now. I rinse it for a maximum of 5s and then brew for 20-35s and then make a second cup with the same leaves for 30-45s. This page works best with JavaScript. It was delivered quickly but like I said not for me. This tea is especially wonderful in the morning if you had to miss breakfast, because it has a sort of "hearty" taste to it. The tea flavor itself is very nice -- a good green tea, but compared to other genmaicha, there isn't as much toasted/rice flavor. It's also inexpensive and pretty easy to brew, if you're looking for a leaf-only loose tea to learn with (this genmaicha has rice, sorghum, and green tea in it, so it's not only tea leaves). If you are more of a black tea kind of person, you might not. It's great first thing as do refreshing but I drink it before bed as it soothes you too. I bought this for her, and she loves it. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. Love this tea so much, you still get great quality tea in this larger pack, the quality/taste of the tea is just amazing. It tastes like a really dull green tea with a tiny hint of roasted rice taste. I didn’t realize I was ordering a HUGE box of little boxes holding MULTIPLE bags in each box. Genmaicha is a Japanese green tea with brown rice kernels. Reviewed in the United States on November 12, 2019. 9.86-Ounce. Fresh and great deal, compared to my local asian stores.w, Reviewed in the United States on May 20, 2020, Reviewed in the United States on September 12, 2020. Reviewed in the United States on October 8, 2016. £8.74. It's not quite as nuanced tasting as a lot of other tea companies offerings, but for a basic genmaicha, it's good and the price is unbeatable. YamaMotoYama also makes sencha. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 2 January 2015. Great cold too. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 1 October 2018. We first had this at a Sushi restaurant. If drank often, this tea has some very beneficial health benefits. I took one sip and threw it away. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. So long as you don't go wild and brew it for 10x as long as I listed, genmaicha is a pretty flexible tea to brew. You do NOT use boiling water. But I usually buy this from an Asian market 40 min from my house. My favorite is "Authentic Maeda-en Japanese Sencha Green Tea". This was it. Reviewed in the United States on May 8, 2016. Feel free to experiment, if you're making it. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 26 April 2017. Reviewed in the United States on March 5, 2018. I often dislike green tea because it is usually too strong for me; I feel like I'm drinking grass boiled in water. My tea bags have always stayed intact, and the strings too. Make sure you received pack of 12 as stated in the description. I now drink this every night before I go to bed and it is just as good as it was the first time I drank it. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 21 January 2020, This is my favourite tea and I drink it daily. I've had types of tea that it's taken me 50-100g worth of tries (with 3-5g per serving) to get it to brew well. Reviewed in the United States on March 13, 2019. Also, each of the bags are aluminum-sealed, which works wonders for keeping the tea fresh. Was so good, I asked them what kind of tea they served. Can't go wrong with tea. I've tried the decaf version of this brand, and it does taste a bit weaker, so I stick with the regular tea. A lovely flavour which unlike pure green tea I never get bored of. Read Full Review. Close to a 5 star! This brand is less expensive and as good as the more expensive brand, maybe better. I feel like it's hard to get a Genmaicha tea to taste just right, but this stuff just honestly hits the spot. I'm amazed that this tea has kept so long because I got it quite a long time ago. Maybe the best Genmai-cha tea on the market. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. I'm a tea person, Genmaicha is my FAVORITE tea out of all teas! The sachet itself is plain paper that does not permit hi-flow as a pyramid bag would. So, it's great for beginners just learning how to brew loose leaves or for people trying to perfect their brewing skills and wanting something a little easier for a change. The bags are big, so I can make a 16-oz cup of tea that still tastes strong. So I definitely recommend this tea. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. I really like this genmaicha. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The tea barely has any taste. Genmaicha Mendiants. Gourmet and easy-to-make is always a winning combination around the holidays, and that’s where Genmaicha Mendiants should come into your holiday plans. Well balanced fabulous flavor for the price. It's also inexpensive and pretty easy to brew, if you're looking for a leaf-only loose tea to learn with (this genmaicha has rice, sorghum, and green tea in it, so it's not only tea leaves). It has a great, nutty, roasted flavor. See all details for YAMAMOTOYAMA Genmai Cha 16 Tea Bag 48 g, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Ito En's Genmaicha has full pieces of toasted brown rice in the bag, which are visible to the naked eye. Tried the suggested clearspings ‘cheaper alternative to consider’ and it wasnt as good not tasting as refreshing yet calming still as this brand. It's hard to go too wrong with it. It has a roasted brown rice flavor and is a bit unique. Delicious! Obsessed with this tea! Glad I like it and it was a good price! Yamamotoyama Genmaicha (Loose Green Tea) 150g 5.0 out of 5 stars 7. Excellent tea. I ordered he green tea with roasted rice. Great individually packaged tea bags ensure a fresh cup every time. You HAVE to know how to brew Genmaicha Tea. You can edit your question or post anyway. I often end up rewriting the whole review. I love this tea...this was a bit pricey it, you can find it the Asian grocery store for $2 a box. ;), Product recently changed, now dull and lacks any flavor, Reviewed in the United States on April 20, 2020. This stuff tastes so very bad to me. YamaMotoYama Case of 2 - Genmaicha Japanese Green Tea (16 bags), See all details for YamaMotoYama Case of 2 - Genmaicha Japanese Green Tea (16 bags), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. New purchase for me. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Reviewed in the United States on September 5, 2019. Yamamotoyama's take on genmaicha makes it clear why the blend grew from its deeply utilitarian origins to its modern nationwide popularity, and you should definitely keep an eye out for this one. I first bought this in a Korean Market and decided to buy a whole case to give to the women in my life for Christmas.