Let's start with the voiceover. Semi-Skimmed. The first Chief Financial Officer would be a wild-eyed, white haired eccentric sitting on a chair out in a field. It was at these agencies that my passion for ideas (having them and witnessing their birth from others) was inspired and cultivated. The tastiest and most nutritious milk comes from healthy, happy cows that spend their days in green pastures. The strategy here, at least in my mind, was to apply the idea of “organic” food to the company itself. Submissions should come only from the actors themselves, their parent/legal guardian or casting agency. Watch before drinking Organic Valley Milk. ', Organic Valley Half & Half TV Spot, 'The World's Best Coffee', Milk Processor Education Program (MilkPEP). And the initial company mantra would have nothing to do with financial success and everything to do with trying. A platform as big as the fields in which the cows roam. How is iSpot helping partners disrupt their industries? Voice over actors: provide a link to your professional website containing your reel. Solo Survival: How to Survive Alone in the Wilderness for 1 week --Eastern Woodlands - Duration: 34:07. The latest thought leadership, blog posts, announcements and press mentions, Connect with iSpot.tv at these industry events. Have a look and we’ll break it all down. Introducing Organic Valley Ultra, with 50% more protein, 50% less sugar, and a taste that’s 100% kid and cow approved. For example, the film above is quite self-aware that it’s treading into slick marketing, as evidenced by the quick cut-away where we see the grip flashing the light on the very typical-looking table-top shot and the VO quips, “That’s how beauty shots are made.” Or seeing the sound guy holding the boom above the farmer sitting on the truck. TV marketing doesn't need to be in a silo. Was a pleasure to read and I'm glad at least someone out there really gets what we are doing! My new favorite campaign of the year is the Organic Valley “Call us crazy, but it’s working” campaign. Postscript: When the founder, David Littlejohn of Humanaut, the agency behind this work,  saw my article above, he sent me this email: Just wanted to say we loved the Forbes piece. Great pay, benefits, and culture. Consciously unsophisticated, and it’s working. The editing and VO did happen at the same time. The uber-enemy of this campaign is, of course, non-organic foods, but it's also everything that comes with that. © 2020 Forbes Media LLC. Organic Valley TV Spot, 'We Put Fitness Trackers on Cows'. Remember, we’ll never pass on your information (unless you’ve specifically asked us to). They could have just claimed that their cows roam free in beautiful green hills and hoped that would do it. In the beginning, Mark was the only one who would drink it raw. They never even drank the raw milk the cows produced — they had a pasteurizer they would use in order to drink it. Measure, optimize, and plan your TV against business outcomes. Just pop your email address in below: By signing up, you’re confirming that you’re over 18 and would like us to send you our newsletters and offers by email. She enjoys her organic valley chocolate milk! In the past 30 days, Organic Valley has had 518 airings and earned an airing rank of #1,235 with a spend ranking of #888 as compared to all other advertisers. TV marketing doesn't need to be in a silo. This is why, when this young girl tries a sip and nonchalantly gives it a thumbs up, her mother can't help but jump for joy. EY & Citi On The Importance Of Resilience And Innovation, Impact 50: Investors Seeking Profit — And Pushing For Change, Michigan Economic Development Corporation BrandVoice. ', Organic Valley Half & Half TV Spot, 'The World's Best Coffee', Organic Valley TV Spot, 'Turning The Food Industry Upside Down', Milk Processor Education Program (MilkPEP). And what is “organic” but the stripping away of modern and convenient evils that artificially accelerate growth, production levels and size for size’s sake. It’s interesting because one might think that an ad campaign about organic farmers would have a gravelly male voiceover (think Sam Elliott for Coors Original). A smart brand idea that inspires wildly authentic and compelling communications. This really is the good stuff – exactly as it should be. It’s not easy to poke fun at marketing in a brand’s marketing, but Organic Valley pulls it off very well here. ', Organic Valley Half & Half TV Spot, 'The World's Best Coffee', Organic Valley TV Spot, 'Turning The Food Industry Upside Down', Organic Valley Ultra 2% Chocolate Reduced Fat Milk, Milk Processor Education Program (MilkPEP). Voice over actors: provide a link to your professional website containing your reel. To prove its cows are happy, healthy and never confined, the dairy company placed fitness trackers around their legs to track their steps. Some might say that's crazy, but the people over at Organic Valley think that's just fine. EU Organic standards and regulations​ state that to […]. My new favorite campaign of the year is the Organic Valley “Call us crazy, but it’s working” campaign. Please consider disabling your Ad Blocker to ensure proper loading of all iSpot pages. Tom … Company Registered in England and Wales with registered number 10743193. Plug in TV to the rest of your data and marketing stack. Here’s the kick-off spot that sets the tone. Submissions without photos may not be accepted. Please be aware that our site is best experienced with Ad Blockers turned off. Skimmed. What does an “organic company" look like? To prove its cows are happy, healthy and never confined, the dairy company placed fitness trackers around their legs to track their steps. Organic Valley Ultra claims it has more protein, half the sugar, and no toxic pesticides compared to regular milk... but parents know none of that matters if their kids won't drink it. The brand knows it sounds crazy, but it works. I am a Brand Consultant and CEO/Creative Director of virtual-idea company, Ideasicle (www.ideasicle.com). She enjoys her organic valley chocolate milk! I am a Brand Consultant and CEO/Creative Director of virtual-idea company, Ideasicle (www.ideasicle.com). See the positions. But there’s also a strong thrust of anti-marketing going on here. Organic Valley does not plan to appeal the fine, spokeswoman Elizabeth McMullen said. Submissions without photos may not be accepted. Goodness from grass to glass. Organic Valley Grassmilk comes from cows that eat 100% organic grass 100% of … Analytics and insight reports about the TV advertising world, Chocolate Frosted Flakes TV Spot, 'Mmmm Chocolate', Organic Valley Grassmilk TV Spot, 'I Love Nutrient Density', Organic Valley TV Spot, 'We Put Fitness Trackers on Cows', Organic Valley TV Spot, 'Who Decides Where Your Food Comes From? Check it out: How would a no-nonsense, “unsophisticated” company full of farmers who are obsessed with organic foods communicate that they treat their animals well? According to strict organic regulations put in place by the USDA, organic milk must come from a cow that has not been treated with antibiotics, has not been given hormones ― for either reproduction or growth ― and has been fed at least 30 percent of its diet on pasture. Prior to founding Ideasicle, I worked at some of the most creative advertising agencies in the world, including Wieden & Kennedy, Goodby Silverstein & Partners, Mullen and Arnold Worldwide.