WOW!!! Elise Bauer is the founder of Simply Recipes. Remove the pot from the heat then stir in the cream and parsley. This recipe for mussels cooked in the most delicious white wine garlic sauce is the easiest dinner recipe, perfect served with crusty bread for dipping. Add the garlic and cook a minute more. Do I remove the mussels before I add cream to liquid and take out mussels or do I use the cream while the mussels are in there all together ?Thank you. My daughter and I tried this receipt and let me tell you it was delicious I could not get enough of the broth that came from the wine and cream and the garlic shallots and fresh parsley my daughter loved it she said we should have this every time for dinner I said if you want little one so thank you my only downside is that I didn’t take a picture of the dish but I’ll do it the next time we make it ok. 100% the best recipe and I have tried many! Do Not Sell My Information, Inspired Taste – Easy Recipes for Home Cooks, Jump to the Steamed Mussels Recipe with White Wine, Perfectly Baked Salmon with Lemon and Dill, Seattle Road Trip – Mt. I threw away all the other recipes I have for mussels in wine sauce. Read more, Homemade ketchup is a must make. This dish is originally from Naples, and it was the preferred recipe of King Ferdinand of the Two Sicilies. Not only are they so easy to cook but this recipe will have you wanting to lick the plate to not miss a single drop of that delectable sauce. Using a rocking motion with the knife, make thin slices by moving the knife slowly across the clove. Jump to the Steamed Mussels Recipe with White Wine or read on to see our tips for making them. Serves 2 as a meal, 4 as an appetizer or side dish, Broiled Lobster Tail with Brown Butter Sauce, Read more about our affiliate linking policy, 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed clean under running water, 2 teaspoons flour (optional, omit for gluten-free version). I often use frozen. https://www.foodandhome.co.za/recipes/mussels-creamy-white-wine-sauce If using whole mussels, cook them until they are all open. Remember that when you buy them, mussels are alive. Recently, though, I found frozen mussels, already cooked, in a Thai/Asian market, and the package advertises they’re cleaned, sand gone, and they look very fat, indeed, and sold in 2 lb. My family absolutely adored the mussels. Fabulous! Anyone have an alternative for heating up the already cooked/frozen mussels you find in the Asian markets? The sauce is more of a dipping sauce. I made this last night and it was so super good. Wow! Red onions for the shallots, better than bullion clam broth for the stock, half and half for the cream. Cover and bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. It is so easy to make steamed mussels at home. Did you know you can save this recipe and order the ingredients for. Just made this tonight, and it turned out wonderful. Roughly chop the clove then move your free hand flat across the tip of the knife and use a rocking motion to chop the garlic until it’s finely minced. Best broth. Thanks for waiting. Hi! Mussels in white wine sauce are one of the most popular Italian recipes. My family loved them! Learn how your comment data is processed. I miss the seafood from the cold Atlantic, but at least we have the mussels! With the lid on, shake the pot once or twice to be sure the mussels don't burn on the bottom. Cover the pot with its lid and cook until all mussels have opened, 6 to 10 minutes. Melt butter in a large pot with lid over medium heat. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. The perfect gluten free dinner or appetizer for a crowd. It is wonderful for an appetizer or a light lunch, and excellent with a glass of white wine and some crusty bread. Wow! Add the tomatoes, saffron, parsley, thyme, wine, salt, and pepper. I know Geoducks make a good chowder, and I suspect that Skipper’s and Ivar’s probably use them, so maybe I’ve had them and don’t know it. Yum! It definitely made the dish pop. We’re here to help you put dinner (and breakfast and lunch) on the table with less stress and more joy. I’ve made mussels many times before but this method is bomb proof. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified. Mussels steamed in white wine and served in a sauce made from the cooking liquid with butter and shallots is a classic French preparation of mussels, moules mariniere. Thank you also for all of the tips about how to prepare the mussels. I added a bit of dry thyme. Discard any mussels that don't open (if using whole mussels). De Wetshof Estate Limestone Hill, an unwooded Chardonnay. Just delicious! Harvested from the shady side of big rocks at low tide, they are plump and alive! | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. Hi to all My daughter Katie declared them as good as the ones she had in Belgium. Avoid bruising with our tips for washing and chopping herbs. As the mussels cook, they will release their highly flavored water into the pot. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Rinse the cleaned mussels under cold water, and then move on to cooking them. Whenever I cook a recipe like this, I always feel like I’m in the posh restaurant. Super simple. The quality of the mussels is critical, and they have to be preferably living. Please try again later. Pour some sauce over each bowl of mussels. I don’t give out 5 stars easily… this one is the Definition of 5 Stars! These were fabulous. You can also subscribe without commenting. Have everything ready before you get going – I love to pour myself a glass of wine to enjoy the process. Add the chicken stock, white wine, and mussels then give them a good toss. Required fields are marked *. Perfect! Add the mussels to the sauce then cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until they are all open. The nice thing about mussels is the price, even at a gourmet or pricy store you will only be paying about $5 to $6 a pound. How to cook mussels, Mussels, Mussels recipe. Once cooked, if any have not opened, discard those also. Find us: @inspiredtaste. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Thanks Guy…and Elise! Thanks. The splash of cream gives the broth a richness perfect for sopping up with some crispy bread! Read more about our affiliate linking policy. It’s best to remove this. Looking over the closed mussels, see if any still have their beards (long hairy byssal threads which help anchor the mussel to surfaces) and pull them out, pulling slowly and strongly towards the hinge of the shell. Delicious! Read more, We love these easy double chocolate cookies with butter, cocoa powder and extra chocolate chunks. Great recipe! Making this recipe yourself at home is easy – and even quicker if you buy mussels that have already been scrubbed and debearded by a fishmonger. I loved it!, we live in Switzerland :-( so no sea, I miss eating shell food in general, so finally there is a wholesaler who now brings fresh sea food, i managed to get some, used this recipeand ate a kilo just by myself :-)). (Otherwise skip the flour.). Use a firm brush to remove extra sand and the odd barnacle. All photos and content are copyright protected. Filed Under: Dinner Recipes, Gluten Free, Recipes, Seafood Tagged With: dinner, easy dinner recipe, Gluten Free, healthy recipe, keto recipe, low carb, mussels, Seafood, shellfish, Your email address will not be published.