Palmer led Westwood for several seasons, before retiring. Randy Ricedorff, who was a strong safety on Westwood's 1988 state championship team and is now head football coach at American Leadership Gilbert North, calls Palmer "a true legend. In 1980, the Palmers moved to Mesa with Curt coaching football at Carson Junior High. 8 Sammy Moore, WR, 2000. Curt Palmer loved teaching math, dating to his years as a high school football and track and field coach at a high school in Stewartville, Minn., from 1971-80. 866-495-5172 Already a member? CALL. The Westwood varsity football team lost Friday's away non-conference game against Mountain View (Mesa, AZ) by a score of 32-8. Congratulations to #63 Gaje Boyce (offensive) and #9 Jeremiah Reed (defensive) for being selected the Westwood Football Players of the Game. Football Recruiting / Arizona / Mesa, AZ / Westwood High School Wondering where to start? "I am very grateful for his service and integrity. Box Score Palmer took over the program in the early 1990s, when Jerry Loper left to lead Chandler's football program. "I think maybe his last year, we made the playoffs at 4-6 and won a couple of more games.". Watch online from home or on the go. He was 72. Contribute Articles Photos Videos. Parents Start Here; Athletes Start Here; Westwood High School Football Recruiting. Everyone started talking about everyone else's players and how tough they were to prepare for and play against. To suggest human-interest story ideas and other news, reach Obert at richard.obert@arizonarepublic.com or 602-316-8827. "Not many coaches would let your assistant coach leave for a couple of games to watch his son play. It went from 'me' to 'we' and it was a night I'll always remember.". He was truly more than a great coach, he was a great man and a great teacher.". Toggle navigation ... Westwood High School Mesa, AZ. Sean Freeman 231 Connections. 945 West Rio Salado Parkway; Mesa, Arizona 85201-3902; Phone (480) 472-4400 On Saturday, the former Mesa Westwood High School football coach died from amyloidosis, a rare disorder that led to congestive heart failure, his wife Pat said. Westwood High School JV Football; Westwood JV Football Home Mascot Warriors Team JV 2020 Colors Orange, Blue Coach Reggie McClure Address 945 W 8Th St, Mesa, AZ 85201 Overall 0-0 Section 0-0. Westwood High School. Produced by AIA: Westwood High School, Mesa, AZ - Field. 945 West Rio Salado Parkway; Mesa, Arizona 85201-3902; Phone (480) 472-4400 Steve Hogen, athletic director of the Mesa Public Schools, five years invited Palmer to be part of a committee full of renowned former coaches in the Mesa district to recommend future  Mesa Public Schools' Hall of Fame members. "He was very generous in his praise of others and time helping others," she said. Follow him on Twitter @azc_obert. Box Score. About NFHS Network; Help & Customer Support; NFHS.org; PlayOn! Westwood reached the state final again the following year, before losing to Tempe McClintock. Players of the Game vs. Dobson. Sports; The NFHS Network … When it came to Curt, cowboy hat in hand, he spoke of his players, but then he started to identify and ask about certain players from other teams. Posted Fri, Oct 30 2020. Updates From March; 2020 JV Football Season. Associations. Support local journalism: Subscribe to azcentral.com today, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. ", "He helped mold many men," Ricedorff said. Westwood High School Westwood High School Home of the Warriors. Palmer was the defensive coordinator on Westwood's 1988 team that beat Mesa Mountain View for the state championship. "Each coach spoke about some of their own players," Hogen said. Ways to Watch; Find Your School; Welcome to the Westwood JV football team wall. He said, 'Mark, why don't you go watch Matt play and come back and get started again Monday.'. He brought it up. Learn about Westwood High School football recruits in Mesa. High School • Football Mesa, AZ Joined: Apr 2017: Roster: 2: Alumni: 15: Coaches. Curt Palmer was known as the man who brought everybody together in the room, who still had students he taught in the 1970s look him up, and who made family first. "The whole mood changed. He left Westwood to teach at Mesa Dobson with his wife. 877-845-6272. On Saturday, the former Mesa Westwood High School football coach died from amyloidosis, a rare disorder that led to congestive heart failure, his wife Pat said. Loper was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver during the 1996 season. Stream sports and activities from Westwood High School in Mesa, AZ, both live and on demand. Questions? Stream high school sports live and on demand on any device with the NFHS Network. Related Events Related Events. About NFHS Network; Help & Customer Support; NFHS.org; PlayOn! As a coach, he taught me the importance of discipline and of team chemistry. ON THE BEAT:More Arizona high school recruiting coverage from Richard Obert No. "It was a little stiff. Sports; The NFHS Network Store - DVD/DTOs; High School Support Program; BROWSE OUR CONTENT. FOLLOW US ON. "When my son was a senior at Dobson, and I was still coaching varsity football at Westwood, Curt made sure I watched my son play on Friday night," Hilliker said. Share Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link | Watch Later | Buy a Copy Digital Copy. As a teacher, he taught the importance of being prepared and taking pride and ownership in what I turned in as a student. View the Westwood High School Football FieldLevel page to see what athletes have played for the program. He was 72. Create a free football recruiting profile to connect with college coaches. Arizona Interscholastic Association; FOLLOW US ON. Westwood High School Westwood High School Home of the Warriors. Varsity | Boys | Football. Westwood High School Football | Sync Games to Calendar Featured; ... Mesa, AZ 85201. "He kept up Jerry's tradition," said Mark Hilliker, who was the Westwood head track coach and a varsity football assistant at Westwood when Palmer was there. The most current information will appear at the top of the wall dating … Watch Westwood High School Football highlights and check out their schedule and roster on Hudl