How To Make A Mug Cake Using Pancake Mix. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. I would have eaten it like hot fudge poured over ice cream in a mug, all messy and blended together, which is the best way. I love classic recipes that are delicious (obviously), not too fussy, and use simple, everyday ingredients. that will really vary depending on the cake mix you use. For the sake of pictures, I inverted the mugcake on a plate and drizzled glaze over the top but if it wasn’t for pictures, I would have just poured the glaze on top of the cake while inside the mug, and smooshed it all around with my spoon. I’ve been experimenting with easy ways to make mug cakes. Nothing fussy or complicated, just awesome tasting dishes everyone loves! **This recipe was originally published September 7, 2018 and updated January 2nd, 2020 with new recipe tips**. This single serving chocolate mug cake uses cake mix and cooks in the microwave in just one minute. The cake stays moist but the crumb is quite loose which is why I prefer the applesauce version. Maybe in a white cake mix the applesauce would be good but I didn’t care for it in the chocolate. Worked great because sometimes I get a craving for cake and my husband does not. Light, fluffy, moist… no oil and no egg. Beat the butter using an electric mixer or whisk with a fork until smooth. I added a dollop of nutella before cooking, yummy! If you haven’t tried Kodiak Cakes pancake mix yet, you’ve been missing out! I frequently bake things with mayonnaise and applesauce plus a drop or two of vanilla extract. I’ve done it with the supermoist mixes too. Where have you been all his life (25 years). The egg yolk makes the mug cake moist, tender and deliciously springy in texture. If you don't have applesauce on hand, you can use  2 tbsp water and 1/2 tbsp oil (instead of the water and applesauce amounts listed). The amount of water? (You may have leftover batter or you may get two mugcakes from this recipe, but don’t overfill or you will have a big mess) Microwave on high for 75 to 90 seconds, or until done. This is the BEST mug cake I’ve tried and I’ve tried too many to find the tastiest one. Light, fluffy, warm Gingerbread Cake! Can’t wait to try the mug cake recipe but have a question. Tasted just like a cinnamon coffee cake. Anyway, I’m glad it worked out well for you! Topped it with some marshmallow cream afterwards. Food and fitness lover! I love this recipe. Thanks. I used Duncan Hines triple chocolate cake mix and a 1 1/2 tsp oil   I mixed it in a sprayed soup individual casserole about 3/4 c cake mix. Who doesn’t love cake, with strawberries woven into it, with a puddle a bit of vanilla buttercream glaze added for good measure. It does have a little bit looser crumb since there is no egg acting as a binding agent, but if you are eating it in a mug, this shouldn’t be an issue. I tried this a couple weeks ago with chocolate cake mix, and game changer!!! I'm so glad you've found my site! This is what the mug cake looks like without toppings: I think I’ll be having it again as a late night snack! I have used this recipe twice now with my students at school, they absolutely love it and its so easy to do and less mess, they have requested that we do this every year!! 182 homemade recipes for pancake mix cake from the biggest global cooking community! ( Log Out /  OMG I JUST MADE THIS IT IS AMAZING. This is the first mug cake I have tried. I'm the baker behind Just So Tasty. https://thethriftycouple.com/how-to-make-breakfast-cake-from-pancake-mix I’ve spent the last few years sharing many mug cake recipes that are pretty quick and easy, but they are all from-scratch cakes that require several ingredients. I don’t usually like to make cake mix cakes, but this is a quick way to satisfy your cake cravings without a lot of work or clean-up. Make sure you have a big mug. Note that if you add the frosting on top while the cake is still hot – it will melt a little bit. 152 Comments, Posted in: All Recipes, Cakes & Cupcakes, Dessert. Pancake Mix Cake With Graham Crackers Dizzy Busy and Hungry butter, milk, graham crackers, graham crackers, vanilla extract and 6 more Pancake Mix Carrot Cake … We’re using real butter for lots of flavor, and vanilla extract for the perfect vanilla taste. There are really endless varieties and flavors – but today we’re making a vanilla mug cake. A fast, easy and protein packed breakfast mug cake. Registered Dietitian in Las Vegas, NV. Sooo delicious and less hassle and mess, thank you. Spoon glaze over the mugcake while it’s in the mug and allow glaze to soak and permeate into the cake. Substitute: I didn’t have vegetable oil so I put 2 tablespoons of water in my mug with 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine (I’ve used both) then nuked it for 30 seconds to melt. Required fields are marked *. That would be helpful…. And it’s healthy because you’re getting in a serving of fruit. ©2020 Kirbie's Cravings. I used 6 tbsp of red velvet cake mix, 2 tbsp of water and 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil. So I spent a little time mashing it before adding it to the cup. In the microwave. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. just add them in like you would the chocolate chips. Moist vanilla mug cake recipe 2 vanilla 5 minute mug cake recipe chocolate chip mug cake recipe vanilla mug cake recipe so easy in the, Keto vanilla mug cake with cream cheese coconut flour easy vanilla mug cake bitz giggles easy vanilla mug cake recipe baked by an introvert cinnamon roll microwave mug cake recipe kim s cravings easy vanilla mug cake bitz giggles, Saraswati Blog WordPress Theme, Copyright 2017, Vanilla Mug Cake Moist Flavorful That S Ready In Minutes, The Moistest Very Vanilla Mug Cake Single Serving, How To Make A Mug Cake Plus 38 Recipes Kirbie S Cravings, Moist Vanilla Mug Cake Recipe 2 Minutes Recipelion, Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies Just So Tasty, Keto Low Carb No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe, Easy Chocolate Cake Recipes Without Cocoa Powder, What Is The Best Filling For Fondant Cakes.