})(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

Mary Berry trained at The Cordon Bleu in Paris and Bath School of Home Economics. Make the base Weigh the butter, cut it up a little and put it in a pan. Once the butter has melted, remove it from the heat and stir in the biscuit crumbs … Wooden spoons Mixing bowl They'll love bashing biscuits to make the base and mixing the light, creamy and lemony filling. […] If your kids enjoyed bashing biscuits to make this chocolate cheesecake, then you might also like this lemon cheesecake. Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon. m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) Pour it into a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin or spring-form tin press it down firmly and leave to set. 225g (1 cup) full-fat soft cheese 150ml (1/2 cup) greek yoghurt 25g (1/8 cup) caster sugar In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth then add the sour cream and flour and beat again. Again, these are such simple jobs, with no heat or sharp knives so really young children should be able to get involved. Gradually add the lemon juice, whisking all the time. Melt it over a low heat. Click here to opt-out of Google Analytics. Add the lemon juice. Melt it over a low heat. Pour it into a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin or spring-form tin press it down firmly and leave to set. Melt the butter and add the biscuit crumbs, stir to combine. You simply need to pop everything in a bowl, before mixing it all together. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. Lemon zester We don’t have a lemon squeezer so once I cut the lemon in half we just squeezed them straight into a bowl and used a teaspoon to help get it out. (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ You might need the following baking tools/gadgets to make this lemon cheesecake, Digital scales Read about our approach to external linking. When you’re ready to serve it, run a knife around the edge of the biscuit crust to loosen the cheesecake, then push up the base or remove the sides of the tin and slide the cheese on to a serving plate. If you need to, you can finish crushing the biscuits in a bowl. I love a good no bake lemon cheesecake, they’ve been my favourite dessert since I was small. Get your toddler to weigh the butter (75g), cut it up a little and put it in a pan. If you need to, you can finish crushing the biscuits in a bowl. Once the oven is cool you can remove the cheesecake to cool completely before removing from the tin. Hi! In a Large Bowl, or Stand Mixer, add your Cream Cheese, Icing Sugar, Vanilla and Lemon Juice and … Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin to fine crumbs. Once the butter has melted, remove it from the heat and stir in the biscuit crumbs and sugar. 20cm loose bottomed tin, For the base: I read somewhere that if you put your lemon in the microwave for 10 seconds or so you’ll get more juice out of it. Measure the cream and yoghurt in a measuring jug, or if you want to be more accurate use the ml setting on your scales and add them straight into the bowl. To make the filling, place the soft cheese, icing sugar and vanilla seeds in a bowl, then beat with an … Gradually add the eggs and vanilla essence beating well between each addition (beat in rather than whisk as you don’t want to incorporate too much air as this will affect the smooth surface of the cheesecake). Kids can help do this, but i’ll always give it one final squeeze at the end to make sure we’ve got all the juice out. Mix it all together again. Measure the cream (150ml) and yoghurt (150ml) in a measuring jug, or if you want to be more accurate use the ml setting on your scales and add them straight into the bowl. The cheesecake should be just set with a slight wobble and should still be cream on top with just a slight golden hint around the edges.