Have fun . I occasionally chose to add a watercolor medium to my water supply to enhance flow, and the paints responded with more movement and glow. NOVEMBER 2020 ART CHALLENGE: Beautiful Things! My first thought when creating my custom palette was to put in the single pigment colors from the Van Gogh line as split complementaries, and then add convenience colors to complete my box. Available in half pans and tubes. The Vincent van Gogh Gallery's Watercolor Resource: High Resolution Images: View high resolution image of Bridge at Langlois; Van Gogh Gallery catalog (scroll the list right and set type filter to 'w' to see all 147 watercolors) Source: Vincent van Gogh. Together they create a really pretty reddish yellow. Oct 9, 2018 - Full list of Royal Talens Artists Van Gogh Watercolour Paint in a range of brilliant colours. In addition to his better known oil paintings, Vincent van Gogh produced nearly 150 watercolor paintings during his life. Over 700 Free Reference Photos For Artists & Writers, Lessons in Doodlewashing: Escoda VERSÀTIL, DOODLEWASH REVIEW: Rembrandt Professional + Ecoline Watercolors, DOODLEWASH REVIEW- Schmincke, Sennelier, MaimeriBlu, Daniel Smith “Ultimate Mixing” Half Pan Set Review, Book Review: Working With Color by Shari Blaukopf, REVIEW: Princeton Velvetouch Mixed Media Brushes. A brand for serious artists of all levels with an eye for quality, Van Gogh Watercolors are intense, lively, and very transparent with high tinting strength. They also offer the possibility of making newsletters relevant to you personally. http://www.webexhibits.org/vangogh/letter/10/164.htm. I’ve read hundreds of art books this year. Aren’t I just??? I look forward to seeing your art! Overall, the selection of colors was intuitive to use and mix, and I achieved expected results. I’ve never tried these paints but would like to. Most colours are rated with the highest degree of lightfastness +++ (100+ years under museum conditions) with a few colours rated just one step below at ++ (25-100 years under museum conditions). I love your sketch as well. Apart from the reds that you and I both have in our palettes, I also like to use Madder Lake Deep, specially with DS Quin. Vincent van Gogh. Good luck in the giveaway! Standard Series Acrylics Standard Series Specialties Acrylics Expert Series Acrylics ... Koi Water Color Sketch Boxes Pigma Micron 0,15 mm Pigma Micron 0,2 mm Pigma Micron 0,25 mm For anyone else reading this, you absolutely have to go over to Sandra’s review. If you want to just dip a toe into the Van Gogh pool, try Permanent Red Violet and Sap Green. As the year turns, I’ll replace some of the bright choices with richer, muted tones. Really thanks. What an incredibly generous giveaway! Although his watercolors are not as well know as his paintings, Van Gogh knew that he was perfecting his skills and in that he was on the verge of something great. Gold or even yellow ochre. Good luck with the giveaway. Thanks, Bekki! They are definitely the best of the student grade paints and so fun to paint with because of how well they mix and compliment each other. Since I’m new to all this, can you please explain further about the medium you used in the water to help the flow? I feel the same way when I read reviews. I can say first hand this is a fun package to receive in your mailbox , I love Van Gogh paints, love the colours and the flow. I loved how the whole line coordinated. As I worked more with the paint line, I decided instead that my goal with this 24 well box was to create a set that allowed me to paint with minimal mixing so I could maximize color play once I got to the paper. By placing my chosen paints into the box in a “Z” shape, the pocket box as a whole gradates from warm to cool and light to dark going left to right. Gorgeous on their own, and a wide range of umber browns mixed. A lot of the explanations elude me, as I’m SO new to watercolor that I feel less privileged to read, attempt to understand them. Thanks for your review. Sorry for the long answer, I am sure you understand the enthusiasm . Create an account, Putting My Custom Van Gogh Sketchbox Through Sketching Tests.