:) (I’d love it if you could click on the 5 stars above the PRINT button on the recipe card! Hi Jane, sharing our recipes is simple. Adjust to your preference. <3. This luscious red sauce is simmered for several hours to develop the most rich and hearty taste. Brava! Thank you so much for sharing!! The fresh basil makes it just right and unlike other sauces I’ve tried there is no bitter taste. We were just devastated when they canceled, but we understand. It should work well canned! So so happy to hear it , Five cans is quite excessive. Can I cheat and use some leftover marinara sauce? I only have 2, 28oz cans of San Marzano tomatoes. This recipe is so easy to top your […]. But it can certainly serve more than 8 . Discard the bay leaf when you are ready to top your pizza with the best pizza sauce ever! Slide the pan back into the oven and cook until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 4 minutes more. Welcome to this little corner of the internet. I filed the directions but it came out a little watery. San Marzano Tomato Pizza Sauce Dec 30, 2011 Posted by Forno Bravo Print. Thank you! I am trying to estimate final volume after letting tomatoes cook down. Now that you know How to Make Pizza Dough, it’s time to make the best tomato sauce for your pizza. Alternatively, use a potato masher to crush these whole canned tomatoes. Question: what kind of pot do you recommend? I made this recipe with fresh San Marzanos from my garden and it turned out terrific! I haven’t used fresh tomatoes. But I don’t see why it couldn’t work. You’ll want to add the tomatoes and the juices . I’m even thinking what a nice Xmas present it would make with some spaghetti and a bottle of wine. So happy you enjoyed it! ), 14 oz (400g) can of European tomatoes (preferably pomodoro pelato S.Marzano dell’Agro Sarnese-Nocerino D.O.P) THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT-do not use inferior quality tomatoes, (optional: a clove of fresh garlic, minced) my Italian family uses garlic, but it's only used on one type of pizza in Naples, Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. How to Make Pizza Sauce with San Marzano Tomatoes. I cooked this tonight. Fresh herbs, authentic Italian flavors, and the most inviting aroma. Delicious! That longer cooking time is key for sure ? From my family to yours. However,, it looks sooooo good that we’ve sampled it already! This is the only “gravy” tomato sauce that we use. It’d be about 140 oz – hope that helps . I never heard about this, which is why I’m so surprised. How much does this recipe make? Also, it’s important to use authentic Parmigiano Reggiano, which you can identify by looking at the rind, which is embossed with the name over and over. Another critical aspect to a great home pizza (along side oven temperature and preheating your pizza pan/tin) is the pizza sauce. I love a sauce with texture – but if you prefer a smooth sauce consistency we love using this hand-held immersion blender to make this happen in seconds! If you want to eat the spackle paste pizza sauce, go right ahead. Then you add a good splash of olive oil, fresh garlic and fresh basil, plus salt and pepper. Remove any tomato cores that feel hard. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @onceuponachef. Yield: Approximately 13 ounces of sauce, enough for two 14″ thin crust pizzas. I love San Marzano tomatoes and this recipe is perfect for them….an awesome, robust flavor is revealed via longer cooking time. What a great idea to simplify a weeknight meal. It's much safer than transferring hot sauce to a blender and is the easiest tool to use. Ignore the trolls, once again thank you for sharing your family recipes as I know how treasured they must be to you, being have Greek Cypriot I treasure my family recipes that I cook. Bethany Kramer is a home cook, recipe developer, and dog mom. If you haven’t already done so, be sure to join us on YouTube where we share how to make tasty pizza recipes from start to finish. Did you make this recipe? Tonight is Pizza night. absolutely! Something lightweight, or more like a dutch oven? Why do you not include e-mail.? If you can find DOP certified San Marzano tomatoes even better; Denominazione di Origine Protetta (or Protected Destination of Origin) is a governing body in Italy that certifies certain products as being from a certain region in Italy. Hope this helps! So far, so good! Hi Redmond, the only thing I’d change in that situation is to use an olive oil that has a lighter flavor profile. Once the ingredients are combined, set aside for at least thirty minutes before spreading on your pizza. If you love to make pizza, you will love this no-cook pizza sauce. I make a big batch and freeze it in containers. Recipe for fresh San Marzano tomatoes. Glad you loved the sauce as well . Your email address will not be published. The carnivores had the mushrooms and cooked sweet Italian turkey sausage. please help me understand. . (Alternatively, for a completely smooth sauce, you can blend the ingredients in a small food processor or blender. In Naples, this style of pizza is known for its simplicity- a great dough, simple sauce, fresh mozzarella and basil with a drizzle of olive oil. It seem conspicuously missing a “punch”, whether that be a little bit of hot pepper or even a shot of sugar. , I always make this sauce & love it for just about anything!