I also found your detailed instructions very helpful (except wishing I had known in advance how long it would’ve taken the chocolate mixtures to cool). Should I make the mousse and just save it for awhile, or stop where I am and complete the process when I can put it on the cake immediately? Probably 3-4 inches. Chocolate Mousse Cake Ho come you didn’t make the white layer with eggs? Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake is rich in chocolate with an amazing combination of dark chocolate, white chocolate, and milk chocolate. Take out stir again all chocolate should be almost melted … Put in the gelatin and whip for 30 seconds by hand. I followed the directions in the same order you wrote down and the cake came out so perfect. […]. 9. He LOVED it and so did everyone else! For how long is it supposed to be there until I can spread on the white chocolate mousse? I had been waiting for an occasion to make this cake as it looks so amazing, so today I attempted it for my grandsons Birthday, everything went well or so I thought, my chocolate mousse layer didn’t set, I released the springform tin and holy moly chocolate ran everywhere (glad I didn’t attempt it to take somewhere) I guess I mucked that one up the cake taste’s amazing even with running chocolate which I scrapped into a bowl, will definitely try again. In lou of using a cake pan to build the cake, you could also use cake collars. Just enjoy. Then, we are talking about one of the most decadent chocolate cakes – Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake. I did not double the mousse part of this recipe, instead, I did 1/2 dark and 1/2 milk and proceeded as directed. 1. Microwave semisweet chocolate until slightly warm but not melted, about 30 seconds. In the meantime, combine your coffee with 2 tablespoons of water and set aside. I turned it off and the next thing I know the hubs sits down right next to me with a hot cup of coffee. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Firstly, thanks for the beautifully presented recipe and easy to follow steps. Happy year 4, Lindsay! Trim each cake to 1 inch high. When unwrapped they started to melt quickly. The milk chocolate did not set well even after 5 hours in fridge. Can you make 2 days in advance and refrigerate it? 5- Whip the remaining 2/3 cup ( 160g) chilled whipping cream until stiff peaks form. I topped the cake with some chocolate curls and a little sprinkle of cocoa powder, but you could also try piping some whipped cream around the outer edge or even just sprinkle with cocoa or some chocolate sprinkles. I do want to […]. Extremely time consuming and not worth the effort. HI Bito: dont wait so long before eating. 12) Once complete, dust with cocoa powder (optional) and remove the side of the spring-form pan. We are having company for Valentine’s Day. I assume it gets mixed into the cake batter. And if you know the hubs wells, then you know he is NEVER awake before me. Whip the remaining 1 cup of heavy whipping cream(DO NOT overwhip it!!!) They provide a good, sturdy base for the mousse but get hard & lose flavor with all the refrigeration. When I have spread the first mousse layer on the cake, and its supposed to go into the fridge. Spread the mousse over the top of the cooled cake in the ring and smooth it with the spatula. Bake 1 hour 30 min. 5. After chilling they are very hard too. Thank you. or until toothpick inserted near center … Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake is rich in chocolate with an amazing combination of dark chocolate, white chocolate, and milk chocolate.It has three smooth and creamy layers. Whip remaining 1 1/4 cups (300ml) heavy cream and powdered sugar at high speed with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Absolutely delicious!! Make sure your dark chocolate mousse has had some time to set in the fridge, so it should be slightly firm to the touch. Refrigerate until the dark chocolate mousse layer is prepared. So today is my 4 year blogiversary. Chill as in the original recipe, still in the ring molds. Smart man. It is de-LISH! Line the ring molds with acetate collars. I’m wondering why the gelatin for the white chocolate only required 1 Tbsp. Well, today it was turn for another chocolate masterpiece, Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake. Cut eight 10 3/4-by-4-inch strips of parchment paper. Take out and stir. what can i be doing wrong? Malted Chocolate Mousse Tart. All I can say is that my family loves this. thanks. It makes a gorgeous presentation and can even be made diabetic friendly by subbing truvia for the sugar in the cake layer. Hi Lindsey,  Add the second third of the cooled white chocolate and gently fold into the whipped cream. Hey Lindsay!! Finde was du suchst - appetitlich & phantastisch. My only comment about the recipe is it def too much longer to make, between prep, cooking, cooling, assembly and finishing touches, I had a couple hours invested for sure. I find that I am having to leave it in longer than 28 minutes. I tried this recipe and it was excellent, easy to make and delicious to taste. HI! I highly recommend this recipe. 9) White chocolate mousse: Bloom gelatine by mixing in 1.5 tablespoons of water. I spent a lot of time trying recipes over the years. Are you using granulated sugar or confectioners sugar? Of course, after all that, when you get this beautiful cake and cut the first piece, the first look at those three beautiful chocolate layers will be enough of an excuse for all your work and time. It has three smooth and creamy layers. I’m going to try and bake this, but have a question. Čokoládou! Vigorously whisk the egg mixture into the melted chocolate until smooth. I’m wondering if I take this to a potluck how long can it sit out? Let me introduce myself. Thank you!! I’m making this cake again tomorrow just for desserts and to share a few slices with friends who have been asking me to make this again. Just a guess. Hi Jennifer, I hope you’ll like it! Sugar High, Poročni fotograf | Poročna fotografija | poročno fotografiranje | celje | Ljubljana | primorska | dolenjska | gorenjska | obala | destination wedding photographer | slovenia | italy | wedding photography | europe, http://mylittleexpatkitchen.blogspot.nl/2010/11/recipe.html?m=1, 10 Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipes For Any Occasion!Stylish Board, 12 Mouth-Watering Recipes For Chocolate Lovers - Pretty Mayhem, Flourless Chocolate Cake - OMG Chocolate Desserts, 21 Birthday Cake Recipe Ideas | Spaceships and Laser Beams, TRIPLE CHOCOLATE WITH COFFEE MOUSSE CAKE – Cups of Rice, Triple Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust - OMG Chocolate Desserts, 24 Layer Chocolate Cake - OMG Chocolate Desserts, Celebration Pie: Mom’s Birthday Chocolate Mousse Pie – Melissa's Baked Goods, 23 Delectable Mousse Recipes - WildGoodLife.com, Cranberry Orange Muffins with Streusel Topping. If you like chocolate then this triple chocolate cake is perfect for you! Add the remaining white chocolate and fold together until completely combined. Any suggestions? I wait overnight, and Just before serving remove collars, garnish then serve and eat immediately. Fold about a ¼ cup of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until , then fold about a 1/4 of the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream. Congrats on your blogiversary! The mousse texture was amazing, it was really really soft and fluffy and it tasted super! I followed your recipe to the T and the results where amazing. Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake :: OMG Chocolate Desserts […], […] spent a lot of time trying recipes over the years. I will definitely make this one again! It’s totally cute how excited your husband was. My family and I are gluten free and we love your site! […]. Place the white chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl. Next is the chocolate mousse, followed by a little wait time, then the white chocolate mousse. All Rights Reserved. Smooth and creamy layers of mousse on top of a rich, moist cake. This year was the second year I have made this and it is always a hit! Place the cake in the bottom of the ring mold. Would that make the whole thing too rich or should it still taste just as great as this one seems too? I made the triple chocolate mousse cake, exactly as the recipe states. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment.