350g Serving Suggestion. I have made it lots of times and its always a hit. For best results follow my detailed step-by-step photo instructions and tips above the recipe card. Wash and soak rice in ample water for about 30 mins. You can also use some soya chunks here. Thakkali biryani can be prepared either by using fresh tomato, ginger, garlic and garam masala items or using tomato paste, ginger garlic paste. The recipe is quite easy but can v make it more can make tomato puree instead of cutting as is it make any taste difference?? By swasthi , on May 27, 2019, 20 Comments, Jump to Recipe. Cook until the puree thickens and oil begins to separate. 12. When the water comes to a boil, lower the flame to medium and cook until the water evaporates completely. Glad you liked it. Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB7Punwig-o. Thank u so much. I even made it for a party once and everyone just raved. Yesterday I made this awesome Tomato Biriyani that I couldn’t stop myself from posting it here today. Add mint, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, biryani masala or garam masala and coriander powder. Hi Aarthi…I am one of your recipe follower and I always try your recipes as your recipes are really awesum and made of all homely ingredients nothing too much flashy..just like you even I have a passion for cooking..in this particular recipe instead of coconut milk can put something else?? Fry the onions until golden. 3. Hi. this is brilliant! Tomato Rice is my go to lunch idea. Chop the onion and mint leaves finely. Now add in the chopped tomatoes and mix them all with the yummy masala. Tomato biryani recipe | How to make tomato biryani recipe. first time on your blog dear such a lovely baryani yummmy Do visit my place when time permits , Too yummy Aarti . This is the best tomato rice recipe ever. Thanks for your fabulous recepie. An quick biryani, when no vegetables are available in home. Thanks for sharing. Now add the chopped tomatoes, salt, garam masala, and red chili powder. Hi Aarthi, i tried this reciepe… it came out very well. And for normal puzhungal rice, add 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice. i like Homely Biriyani very much.. Hi i have a doubt should I put the distilling plate in the rice cooker or not bcos if i put the plate all the oil and that juicy consistency goes down the plate and this makes the biriyani very dry(I didn't try ur recipe but usually this happens with the rice cooker. Tomato biryani is nice i mean if the spices blend perfectly then only the taste is good.. Pour the tomato puree. Wash and soak rice in ample water for about 30 mins. 15. Cook delicious resultant style tomato biryani at home in minutes. If making in pressure cooker, when the water comes to a boil cover and cook for 1 whistle on a medium high flame. Now add in onions and green chillies. 9. When the onions turn golden, add the ginger garlic paste. Looks yummy and simple,going to try it soon,Thank you. Thanks Vidya Absolutely delicious… The young n old enjoyed it thank you!! But even after that, this one does not lag behind even slightly in terms of texture or taste. 4. Reduce the quantity of cinnamon if not using true cinnamon. Saute the ginger garlic until the raw smell goes off. Filed Under: Briyani, Lunch Box, Lunch Box Ideas, Main Dishes, Recent Recipes, Rice, Rice Cooker Recipes, Tomato, Variety Rice Mixes, Viewers Requested Recipe. So it comes to 4 cups for 3 cups of rice . To simplify the recipe further, just skip the mix veggies and use only tomatoes and peas. Over the past few years I’ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can make from scratch. I skipped coconut milk, added few veggies, thks for this keeper recipe, Aarthi! Cook for 1 whistle on a medium high flame. You can use about 4 large garlic cloves or 6 to 8 medium ones. Add in the veggies and cook for another 3 mins or until the puree thickens. So you dont have to baby sit the biryani. This quick dish can be made easily on a busy day for dinner and it also goes well in the lunch box. thanks for writing. Hello aarthi!! Add 1 ½ cup of Kitchens of India Vegetable Biryani Masala Mix, mix it in nicely.6. Happy to know you liked it. It is best served with a simple raita. Package List. I tried this recipe last night and it turned out to be absolutely delicious! It turned out fabulous. Tomato biryani is a hassle-free quickest one pot meal to prepare. Ayyo…..where is ur tomato rice recipe?