What do you think of that brand? Working with acrylics can seem harder in some respects compared with the ability to come back and smudge/blend/erase that you get with charcoal. Scarecro is not me – that’s my husband he has the PP acc’t. I plan to paint this subject again in a few months, working only from the photo, to gauge my progress. Thanks for your free tutorial. I am going to have a crac at your plum project & hopefully I’ll have some success so far I have managed to rip up & throw away more paper & canvas boards than you can shake a stick at so be prepared for a lot of inane questions. Carminia. Your videos are terrific. This must be a difficult to break down each action and reason to teach. Hello, That's a good question. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store. Using a 3B pencil sketch out the image to work from. Cheers, Will. I purchased some new Daley Rowney paints however they do not have the same names and variety you have been using, which set or brand would you recommend I purchase to get all the right colours I need? Sir, i am from India feeling awesome after seen your videos. I am going to go for the colour mixing course as I find that when dealing with colour my brain keeps having to shift into left mode and I am out of the zone. So far so good. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Thank you for your guidance. Hi Liz, thanks very much, so pleased you’ve been enjoying the teaching approach, I would love to see your cherry painting. You’re a wonderful teacher, thank you! http://instagram.com/p/uY7u5BxSFZ/?modal=true, Nice work Toni, your colours have worked well even without the brighter red’s. Cheers, Will, Hello Will! Tammy, Hey Tammy, My pleasure. If you can help me in any way tips and advise, I would really appreciate it :))), You’re welcome Maya, pleased you enjoyed the tutorial. Cheers, Will. Hi Jennifer, There is never a stupid question in painting! Hope you find the lessons helpful. PS. Fantastic! Cloudflare Ray ID: 5f88efef7ac85d0f Hope this helps. I finally made my first attempt with the Cherry Still Life Course. Can you give me the link? Your videos are very instructive and with the music very relaxing. Thanks so much for the videos. How to choose a basic colour palette for acrylic painting, Gracias por estos buenos videos que pena no sean en castellano .De todas formas gracias otra vec. Cheers, Will, Thank you Will, your videos are so helpful. Will. Step 1. For any of the free courses, just click on the ‘acrylic painting’ tab at the top, scroll down the page and the lessons are listed chronologically. This is probably a very stupid question, but I wonder if you can point me in the direction of a brand where I can get all the colours for this cherry painting (cheaper student paint I mean)? Jude, Thanks Judy, pleased you’ve been enjoying them. I’ve also attempted the jug and I’m probably even more pleased with that one! It will fit trully well in my living room! Hi Lyn, great to hear you enjoyed the apple tutorial. I’ll send you a picture my Cherry. The local colour of a subject is just the colour of an object in it’s simplest terms. I’m excited to use your method and hope you have a second to give feedback? Though my final product wasn’t “awesome” the lessons and techniques of this video were invaluable in my development as a painter. Wow! For your first painting it’s a really great achievement, hope you’re proud of your work! I feel this one came a bit more easily than the Seascape landscape and overall I’m happier with myself with this one. I hope I don’t need to know how to draw!! The image below can be ‘right clicked’ and ‘Save image as’, so you can use it as a guide. Pleased to hear it Vanessa, glad you’ve been enjoying the tutorials. Of course, mine is in oil, but the concepts are pretty much the same. Keep painting, and Keep on Keeping it REAL! I have been dreaming of painting for years, that’s how afraid I am!!! Will. hi will! Off to the nearest art shop ASAP…, Great tutorial on still life !! The only tweak I would make would be to slightly soften the edges of the cast shadow so the viewers focus is more on the actual object. Thank you for your videos! Thanks for doing all of this. You’ve managed to model the form of the cherry so well, it really has a lovely 3-D feel to it. I’m taking time to tell you that I appreciate your website. I would love to email you a photo of the cherry I finished for you to view. Glad you’ve been enjoying the lessons. Will. Learn how your comment data is processed. Hi Liya, I find its always best to get into the practice of setting up your own compositions, that way you can start to develop your own colour sense and preferences from the objects you choose to paint. In order to eliminate the excessive use of paper (from trees!) I just did the fish video. Your tip about using brighter color instead of tinting for lighter areas was invaluable. Cheers, Will. thanks! Cheers, Will, Thank you very much for your help… always i am interested in drawing… your videos help me lot to improve my skill…. – Invest in this white even if you use student quality paint for the rest of the colours. Hi, im only 11, but I draw really good, and I have always been a horrible painter! Hi Diana, lovely to hear from you and so pleased you’ve been finding the lessons simple tp follow and been achieving some great results. Thank you for all your help, Hi Jay, pleased you’ve been enjoying the tutorials, cadmium red medium hue with a touch of cadmium orange c.p will give you a great cadmium red substitute. Will, Hello! or you would advise me to setup on my own. That’s great to hear Dr Swarnali, glad the cherry turned out well. Followed your ‘cherry step-by-step’ tutorial (my first cherry!) I am very pleased with Mr. Kemp’s kind and patient instruction. For the cherry painting an alternative to green gold is using a cool, transparent yellow, such as Hansa Yellow or lemon yellow. Cheers, Will, Hi Will, thank you for you beautiful lessons. Hope you enjoy the jug demo. With one of my daughters leaving the “nest” I suddenly found myself with a “studio” waiting to be used. It’s kind of a new thing the art comunity started to get old ladies into starting a new hobby. I don’t always know how to explain something to my students and listening to you helps me find the right words. A blessed continuation of Advent and kind regards! Hi Will,I now have the colour mixing course and am loving it.You are such a good tutor. Hi Will, I am really loving your free tuition and want to buy a course but am not sure which.I have worked with charcoal for the past few years and find it very freeing as I can get the correct tones very easily but I want to get into painting.I have invested in some Golden Open and interactive paints so do you think the normal acrylic tuition will be right for me? Cheers, Will. It was very helpful. Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.