This post may contain affiliate links. Chop the spinach bundles into a 3/4 inch width. That didn't mean that I wasn't obsessed with houses though! Thank you for sharing! Your recipe calls for 3.5 cups of half and half. I used 2 boxes of 10 oz frozen spinach. Followed the recipe exactly, wouldn’t change a thing. Tried this recipe for the first time 2 weeks ago – it is a fabulous recipe! Strainer: These hang next to the sink because I use them so much. You won’t believe how delicious spinach can taste, of course drenched in creamy sauce. Delicious! All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert. Will be adding artichoke hearts next time for a dip, but it was perfect as a side dish. Very creamy and delicious. As a bonus, it’s also a low carb side dish, just in case you are watching your carbs. Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking. Enjoy! Voila! Now melt butter in a cast iron skillet (or something similar) over medium heat and add the diced yellow onion and a sprinkle of salt. Why I Love This Creamed Spinach Recipe? Adjust the seasoning if you want and serve straight away. You’ll be ok with multiplying as needed. Add the spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Freezing raw spinach is easy and an effective way to reduce to space fresh spinach takes up. I usually just cook on 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, no recipe here, it is usually just whatever is left over. Creamy, rich Morton's Steakhouse Creamed Spinach that takes just a few minutes and is the perfect side for a holiday roast or prime rib. Thank you for sharing it with us! Add in the flour and mix with a wooden spoon over low and cook for 2-3 minutes until the aroma is a bit nutty. Creamed spinach is a super easy and delicious vegetarian side dish often served in top restaurants. I'm Charlé Visser. Use a microwave safe bowl or container. Add in the remaining kosher salt, black pepper and nutmeg. … Like this recipe? There was way to much liquid. I am a fan!! This post may contain affiliate links. After putting the spinach in the pan, I had to remove it and scooped up about 1/4 of the half and half and put it in a smaller saucepan. I’m dying to make this for an event I’m having soon. Remove from the heat and let it just chillax for a bit while you deal with Mr. spinach. I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Vegan! Drain the spinach in a strainer or colander. I put the spinach in ice water and hand squeezed in until not so watery . Smooth, luscious, rich and creamy — it’s just like they make at the restaurant. Woohoo! You don’t want the extra liquid in the dish. Next add the milk, cream, nutmeg, pepper and chopped parsley. Yes, Just make sure to squeeze out as much water as possible and reserving that water for later in case you need it to adjust the consistency. I need 12 pounds of frozen spinach (I know seems excessive lol) but I can’t see multiplying every ingredient by 12, that seems like way to much of everything. I put it in a blender, and turned it into spinach soup- added mint leaves. EVERY TIME WE EAT AT A CHINES BUFFET THEY HAVE CREAMED SPINACH, BUT I THINK THIS WILL BE BETTER WITH THE GARLIC. Nutmeg may seem like a dessert spice but you’ll love the flavor in this recipe. I made it for dinner yesterday and it was delicious! Seems like if I treated it like the frozen, drain it, then it would work as well. Sabrina is a professionally trained Private Chef of over 10 years with ServSafe Manager certification in food safety. Creamed spinach is one of my favorite steakhouse side dishes – but only if it’s done correctly! This recipe would be great to make a spinach artichoke dip out of. The next best way is to cook it in a microwave. Tag @PANTSDWONAPRONSON on Instagram and hashtag it #PANTSDOWNAPRONSON. ** note -  If you do not not have shallots or can’t find them just substitute for normal onion. Classic Steakhouse Creamed Spinach. Would 3x or 4x the recipe suffice or is that still to much? Creamed Spinach, but I’ve made it cheesier! I made this last night for Valentine’s Day dinner with a few modifications since I did not have all the ingredients at home. Thanks for the 5 stars, Kristina. I did put the rabe through a food processor but that chopped a bit too much so I would hand chop it next time. I love when leftovers can actually morph into something new and not feel like a leftover. Add in the spinach and the Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. She creates all the recipes here on Dinner, then Dessert, fueled in no small part by her love for bacon. The first: I sauté spinach, then pour in cream. It was a HUGE hit in our house. Your email address will not be published. Okay, there are two ways I make creamed spinach. https://www.food.com/recipe/ruths-chris-steak-house-creamed-spinach-31045 Finally add the spinach, give it a good roughening-up mix-through to make sure the creamed spinach is, big-word-alert – homogenous. And really, it doesn’t take that long. Yes, make sure to fully drain it and it should work fine. WAYYYYY too much Cream sauce and not nearly enough spinach. My husband adores this recipe and gets creamed spinach at Morton’s every time we go. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This one is a spot on copy for Morton’s Steakhouse . Tasted delish though!!! And after having several really bad, watery creamed spinach side dishes at steakhouses, I’ve stopped ordering it altogether to avoid disappointment. Serve these alongside this creamed spinach or just add to your recipe book for future reference. How long does creamed spinach last in the fridge? Why would you defrost and squeeze out excess water if you’re about to cook it until wilted? You can always add it in later if you still want it. Add the washed and picked spinach to it and cover with either plastic wrap or a lid. While the onions are slowly cooking. I made this recipe tonight and it was absolutely delicious! I love cooking for family and friends and sharing easy, flavorful recipes. Made it exactly as written and was perfect! As another reviewer mentioned it does make a lot of sauce, so what I did was take about half of the sauce out of the pot and saved it for the next day. I also added cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. Not pleasant so chop it into something manageable. Bring a large pot of water to a boil with two teaspoons of salt. Store in the freezer for up to a year. Recipe adapted from?Morton's Steak Bible. Alternatively, store in an airtight container packet tightly. Make sure you get as much water out of it after you cook it. I used fresh young spinach in this recipe but you could also use frozen or large spinach. Read my disclosure policy. Show me what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @DinnerthenDessert or hashtag it at #dinnerthendessert. is frozen spinach usually precooked or something? Thank you for such a recipe for spinach perfection,…. Will last for months. Creamed Spinach Recipe. We paired with thick, juicy Prime Ribeye and a nice red wine and I was literally in heaven. Today I have a secret recipe for a spectacular side dish served at Morton’s Steakhouse.