[16], Foot baths of sodium thiosulfate are used for prophylaxis of ringworm. Available for Android and iOS devices. Content may not be reproduced in any form. Sodium Thiosulfate Injection is a cyanide antidote which contains one 50 mL glass vial containing a 25% solution of Sodium Thiosulfate Injection. [9], In cases with both cyanide poisoning and carbon monoxide poisoning, sodium thiosulfate by itself is recommended. The problem is that Sodium Thiosulfate combines/reacts with Chloramine and that releases Ammonia, which we all know is very dangerous! Patients should be monitored for at least 24-48 hours after Sodium Thiosulfate Injection administration for adequacy of oxygenation and perfusion and for recurrent signs and symptoms of cyanide toxicity. Each Sodium Thiosulfate carton (NDC 60267-705-50) consists of the following: Store at controlled room temperature between 20°C and 25°C (68°F to 77°F); excursions permitted from 15 to 30°C (59 to 86°F). Delays in administering the antidote should be avoided. [1], Sodium thiocyanate is a classical antidote to cyanide poisoning,[8] For this purpose it is used after the medication sodium nitrite and typically only recommended for severe cases. I hope this information helps someone else. There are no available data on Sodium Thiosulfate Injection use in pregnant women to establish a drug-associated risk for major birth defects, miscarriage, or adverse maternal or fetal outcomes. Uses of Sodium Thiosulfate: It is used to treat cyanide poisoning. Would it be safe to put say 1 drop of this in a glass of water? The lower back area seemed to be loosing calcium at the vertebraes and the lower back seemed to be degenerating, for no aparent reason. For cyanide poisoning it is often used after the medication sodium nitrite and typically only recommended for severe cases. Castor oil works well too when you rub it on the hands. [11][12], However, it has been claimed that this treatment may cause severe metabolic acidosis in some patients. Those two things stopped the headaches (and hopefully the radiation damages to her brain) the same day. As Ted from Bangkok has mentioned so often, calcium build up and arthritic problems are directly related to infections from mycoplasma and mycobacterium. I feel that there is quite a bit of calcification in the joints of the fingers and that is why it is difficult for her to hold the spoon with the fingers. I believe its fairly hard avoiding processed foods and water nowadays, so this is one of the reasons I take it regularly. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information -. The dermal mix that I would use for application to the hands would be: Drink 1 liter(or as much as you can) of borax water per day and take two days off this remedy at the weekends. After an intravenous injection of 1 g sodium thiosulfate in patients, the reported serum thiosulfate half-life was approximately 20 minutes. Sodium thiosulfate is known to be substantially excreted by the kidney, and the risk of adverse reactions to this drug may be greater in patients with impaired renal function. Shall I mix this with the liquid I am already sending her if yes how much should I mix. The easiest way to lookup drug information, identify pills, check interactions and set up your own personal medication records. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here. Almost all tap water we drink is chlorinated. After detoxification, in healthy subjects, thiocyanate is excreted mainly in the urine at a rate inversely proportional to creatinine clearance. Health Benefits of Sodium Thiosulfate. However, after an intravenous injection of a substantially higher dose of sodium thiosulfate (150 mg/kg, that is, 9 g for 60 kg body weight) in normal healthy men, the reported elimination half-life was 182 minutes. Each mL contains: Sodium Thiosulfate Pentahydrate 100 mg, Water for Injection q.s. Sodium Thiosulfate Injection USP, for slow intravenous injection only, is available as follows: Store at 20o to 25o C (68o to 77o F); excursions permitted to 15o to 30o C (59o to 86o F) (See USP Controlled Room Temperature). The rhodanese enzyme reaction can be accelerated by supplying an exogenous source of sulfur. I read the article under the following link which talks about the Sodium thiosulphate Link: There is a lady of 93 yrs of age mother of my friend living in other city, suffering from, seems arthritis due to which she used to have severe pain and could not bend the hand fingers. Baltimore, MD for. In massive acute cyanide poisoning, the mechanism of toxicity may involve other enzyme systems as well. These adverse events were not reported in the context of controlled trials or with consistent monitoring and reporting methodologies for adverse events. It is now day 3, and we are better still. Sodium Thiosulfate Injection is a sterile aqueous solution and is intended for intravenous injection. The FDA very loosely regulates supplements, so be weary of what you put in your body, because they can make almost any claim on a supplement bottle without legal recourse, even if it is a detriment to your health. Perform a visual inspection on the vial prior to withdrawal of the contents. It is also not known whether sodium thiosulfate can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman or can affect reproduction capacity. Cyanide poisoning is a medical emergency in pregnancy, which can be fatal for the pregnant woman and fetus if left untreated. CANGENE bioPharma, Inc. I usually use 6-10 drops in my drinking water several times a month -- because getting rid of heavy metals and chlorine poisons from our food and water is a continual ongoing battle which will never end. This site is provided for educational and informational purposes only, in accordance with our Terms of Use, and is not intended as a substitute for the advice of a medical doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner or other qualified health professional. [3], Sodium thiosulfate came into medical use for cyanide poisoning in the 1930s. Hi Rasha, Vikash Pharma does the re packing of this product at 7-A, Aghadi Ind. If you need any further information you can call me 09322887066. There have been no human studies to prospectively and systematically evaluate the safety of sodium thiosulfate or sodium nitrite in humans. Sodium thiosulfate was negative for clastogenic potential in the in vivo mammalian erythrocyte micronucleus assay in rats.