<> <> ����uD#*z��5��y��WU���5�W�l7-�m��?�-cf�q�[ p���^oU8,�L���j�g��m�����H`gv��8�� ~b�UD�64�=Q�������Nj�f���do�ub��}C�ԧ�����Y{Z�)�ԗ�N��f8�F���/�Zm�W�_~JWt��t�����#d��wm�5��Q�$*����¡P�˵7%�Y!l�v��� �=�u�f��_ޢ� �X)���Xg�&x+̠���}�DZ�O�h� !�I�k2�jY��M�tM�r]c���'2�*���L��׻��VH! <> endobj c(;�=���X5���Z(n[�d=��T? It would sound unnatural. 7 0 obj endobj <>>> DEFINING. xQ��`�ɢ��_|H�������r%�}mYLmE��C�*[��4k��o�g:}���BT�O���i��p�-��(k�dDI�̚���G����i�h��G5�"9•�R�->�xކl�����\���mz��p�3�8���-�"� �lQ3\q�-tz�KwPH?���v���LA¶��"��a?f�M;w��,�jF�U^:��~uq�f��v��e� �'r� �&4� ���y������#og�h�>nV���Jں�x�R��8f���c�.=��p�p�) g ? 21 0 obj <> endobj endobj �_a���6A� �� c�j��j�}V���C���eh�˂����|Frѯ�T�jk���ԓ������ٝ�e{�~*��E�,�0,0�,��7�u�Gӑh�z���ć�U�#�zo�����h�>�y'���_7�9'X�,�T�>�����/;�:fm��.�Y�chj�J3b�׍%�4��n�X�aA�Q9o�*��U4)k⪺T�/�8�TT3?��ڽy��Zĩ�P�81��XįP�攋�Ж�{eu����.Tlm�4C�u�)�0 �J3c��,mG5�S���!A���� �z��[3�6į Ht9��N(¹Z .��r����9�9����tg�랂�?�*��Qt�99P ,�%� <> endobj <> XC�(8%�v'f�.�')��D‘� �qD��S��mx�c ��5N;�6���|��e������QC�yFt�-B��~��rI�m��[8���֌������zJi���YQ%4#l!�"��EP�2��� ��(�#(��}ˋ�Y ��M��Vc�-z�3 �1� �%�Y! _____ 3. The relative pronoun can be the subject or the object of the relative clause. 27 0 obj _____ 3. Worksheets pdf exercises: relative pronouns and relative clauses. 23 0 obj endobj There are defining and non-defining relative sentences. Home / B1 / Grammar / Relative Clauses. 29 0 obj endobj But merely add something to it by giving some more information about it. 0·4��~��R���k˝(-){T���U4���w�����hC���N��(�Z�S�'��Ю���}�w���J ;��M�s�g 1 0 obj I broke the plate. endstream I dropped the money. endobj endobj Object pronouns can be dropped in defining relative clauses, which are then called Contact Clauses. Downloadable PDF Grammar and Vocabulary Worksheets. Relative Clauses PDF Notes, Documents and Exercises with Answers Relative clauses Relative Clauses in English Relative Clauses – Detailed Expressions Relative clauses Relative Pronouns Understanding Relative Clauses Relative clauses Relative pronouns (e.g. The plate was a wedding present. CLa�6z٢�Z���2��TD��������K���s�sAa�N���%m=j7�޶ّ����Z�羔�D�����E�T��b�6��+�ten-����������͍u8tzH-���6L�Th�l����k��Ifa���D�U�k�~��Ŷv@����J�I[(�ܰo����8���^�A��ݶ�pֳ���$�>���?��A�G����s��W������������bf��gW_�������,�$t���6��\�LyG��m� du�t�b�D�+Ɂ�\���d�c:�qv5w�h�� %PDF-1.5 �` `" �z�]-��~�j�g��Sە1[���d�of-{�_H?D}�o��_ /µ���+�[n�b�% 12 0 obj <> The apple (which) George lay on the table was put back into the basket. endobj w�4}���墢>�r����F��RroH�ެ:�պ4������9]s7Ȯu'h�=0�U�۬�U��H 1������[�i�$�i���yvCkVU�gVy=��P������kB_��j6Y=�j�k 6�j�&ũ�xg6{4��/k8�}���(�S�&}_��6����MNN��Jt�|G�%���!� endobj stream %���� <> They found the money. 1. They are not essential in the sentence and can be omitted without causing confusion. endobj ;+ ��jr�c6�����ãksr Relative Clauses (B1) RC005 - Relative Clauses - Combine the TWO Sentences If the relative pronoun is not followed by a verb (but by a noun or pronoun), the relative pronoun is an object pronoun. 0�B;�/���˘�pg�W���Q���r��@Y�.�S,B��q���KWK _�, EXERCISE (ANSWERS) Join the following pairs of sentences. She showed ... relative clauses the pronoun can NEVER be left out. 6. �.9 ��f����c�p�Q�;�������=�v���@O���)�iM�i��r�|��|à9����l� )k��d�`��"|�e���,�1/U�"ƕ�߂��B,�:��(Ю�'���Y�Ty�ۣ ��/�I37)"`�ɦ%�y��LM�2�#��O��lHBN�}��c6#e��Ix�^��ﲲx�1Ñ�΅�E;e�Td�`*Aa�_�"�Br,ّ����f���cV�P��?f endobj 4 0 obj 15 0 obj <> The accountant was arrested. <> :�.��-�������ߌEĦ���Xi\���,����RdOy;�Ⱥ��T�6����*ul����R��q��WW�hU�ɯ�I���g�}d�=�Ս��E��\!UkV��y�=�kEe2�AD��zqzp���I=�� �0T���,FW�K�G�5T/�L�E���q����(Gk��o�Ւ���}#9�����T�@I�mt���U��߾�N�@�G����#O�*,n5�׮�HM��e��,A��UHv�7����_� endobj %äüöß 5 0 obj 25 0 obj Combine the sentences using non-defining relative pronouns. They do not therefore define the noun. The man was late. endobj 3 0 obj �ɬ�^`�0A'�L���p�Y�����L�C��FM����F�üFB��41?��7Xi��biS�Dc�&�18`MbΞC���ų�ξ�AC���O�=@i�)��}��Ę9Ds.3�I�gr���!EE�+�q���ea(�~:1q�LG�ƭ~��;��~���Ntu*��z��:7����=X#��"_�_)go��;���J�.e@�� �IM��)�E{ <> <> 2. _____ 2. <> za�e�a��a4X�� �[�d�z��|�� ,�k�%N���$�4$SE���[(��N��������K9�;b��g0��n��� ������>7��Cu�R}�S�FK[�>)!t2Yx���6C�g�� 13 0 obj endobj I saw the man steal a handbag. 8 0 obj x���n�6�=@�A��QD�ԥ��M�d��]�"݇�#{��3�=�4�]�칐I]����s�Qɋ_��/_�;y�*)^�]m����,~?˖����Ir|��ً�"*9�|�L$����:o���M�������"��?=�!�-[����lQ�G�J�������$[��-�Ù߳:=��g���_�? 28 0 obj <> eg. They are separated from their noun by commas. #���?e1�Ũ�̵�9Ц�p�0�Y��|��Z5B��1ӱ�����xݺLwQ�&g�LU �ʫ�d����ZNw.��q�r�E�� 19 0 obj endobj �c�F�W+]����������y���o��B��s^��_�M�>-6j��>�z�*6z�����ņ�~-6�fф���V?�|q�#nY��2^�7@�î�ߟ�V��X~O)�A:@����������'�(�|��n�� n�p��Z�{|����8�/�_��f ����-�>��K�ab]±Y��}� ;��Z7r��u���~�gѳ;\���@D2'/�T��p69X���Ԍ�QUU� m�x��h�S���nT�R9cG��`3't�$&��.���R;f( �n��C��2,�7��� 6 ���-��vV�Y�\ �,{��/�����i��+3�Ȋ%.G�r\�[Y�!��MUV�?��>J�aDo���"BP���=��� �@H��O/w���Š�/V�ttx��2LP��$��r�3�j#�d�J!��H������ t2)+T�.�X�sɛ�3d��7F3f�{Z�2�o�b0r�nI*st$B,���-[��Gq�7�~��/� 19� �����91nxY'K���{��x��ܑr�o����c ���E�+���P���`ʈ0Ikw���Gd�.���|L{T��y�hP:B��YC�,��h%�F�]��o�:t߼[/S�m�z_��֚L��#B�Y)�Y�B׀p$��B��!����-�CU�‰0m$y��S`�t��e xr��խ�) �w�9��8+e���M����GF;'t�HX2H�B�!��:����O��a< ׮�u�+鈛� endobj ���z��^�j��`�_rR�˓�YlH�"b]9mv�}�����j�S�����5J�5�J!oF�-ՠ�D��E�M&eEF���"Ӱ޿ 2�:��Tp89oY���� <> <> Julie invited the man.