To assemble, first cut the cakes in half diagonally to create 4 cake layers. Place one cake layer on serving plate and pipe a spiral starting from the inside out on the first layer, use an offset spatula to smooth it out. Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve. The mixture will become fluffy and aerated. Decorate with honeycomb, chocolate truffles, olive branches, gold dragees or any holiday candy you like! 1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder, preferably natural; spoon into dry measuring cup and level to top 1 recipe Tami's or Perfect Buttercream (6 cups recipe), add in 1 tablespoon lemon zest 3x Cookbook Author 3 2/3 cups (1 29-ounce can) solid pack pumpkin puree; not pumpkin pie filling Terms of Use | Privacy Policy, Already registered on baking911.com? In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, oil, brown sugar, and milk until combined. Thank you so so so much, I’m actually making the slutty brownie cake for my son’s birthday, which is today, but he does not like buttercream icing. Drizzle with Chocolate Glaze and sprinkle with chopped ... 12 to 16 servings. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 mins. Chorizo Cheddar Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins, Pumpkin Cheesecake with Marshmallow Creme, The Best (and Easiest) Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte. I also include my tips on how to get equally sized cake layers. Thx! 36 to 48 cupcakes; bake 25 to 30 minutes Caramel Swiss Meringue Buttercream Tutorial The caramel flavor is divine! This fragrant, flavorful and moist Pumpkin Layer Cake Recipe is so incredible, especially with added chocolate chips. Take the cakes immediately from the oven to a wire cake rack and let sit for 20 minutes and then unmold onto wire cake racks (set your timer to keep track of the time) - the cake is fragile when warm and will crack easily if you unmold it before the time is up. Related Articles. trying this cake this weekend! READ MORE, ©2020 Sarah Phillips, Inc. All rights reserved. Chocolate Fudge Buttercream Ganache Dark, rich and spreads beautifully Combine the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar in a large stand mixer and whip for 4-5 minutes. Register Now omg of course!! SERVE Place cake in the refrigerator while you make the cream cheese frosting. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, beat together the shortening and vegan butter until smooth and creamy. Use cake strips to help prevent this.) How should I adjust the baking time? In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on low until softened. I also include my tips on how to get equally sized cake layers. Let this sit for 1 min then slowly stir until the mixture is fully combines. CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN CAKE The last step, I fold in the chocolate chips. INGREDIENTS Layers can be stored in the freezer for up to a month or more. Finish off the cake with desired sprinkles. Do you mean 1/2 cup? Let cool slightly in the pans, then remove and transfer to a rack to finish cooling off. At this point you can fill in any side gaps with the chocolate creating a smooth side. Spray 3 6-inch baking rounds with non-stick baking spray. Set the kitchen timer to help you keep track of the time. Step #2: In a large bowl sift together the measured flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add in the vanilla and pumpkin spice. 2 large pink or red grapefruits, preferably organic Your email address will not be published. Zero out the scale. I like using a squeeze bottle for easier decorating. 2 to 4 tablespoons heavy cream or milk (more if needed) Smooth the tops. Add the sour cream and vanilla and beat on low until thoroughly combined. Add the dry ingredients into the mixer and mix until the dry mixture is just combined. Place the 3rd and last layer on top and make sure the sides are even and the cake is level. Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking, Your email address will not be published. Spray the top of the parchment round with nonstick cooking oil. Let the cake chill for 10-15 minutes so the ganache can set, then you can decorate the top with the reserved frosting. 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar (more if needed) Remember you want about a 1/4 inch thick later on top and a very thin coating on the sides. Weigh each pan with batter, zeroing out the scale before weighing each one. Add the flour mixture slowly at the side of the bowl, with the mixer on low. Set the three pans aside. So next time you need a show stopping dessert – look no further! (If the butter is cold, first cut it into large pieces, and it will warm quickly from the beaters - taking about 60 seconds). Gain access to hundreds of recipes & expert advice! Bake for 30-35 minutes and then remove from the oven. Place one cake layer on serving plate and pipe a spiral starting from the inside out on the first layer, use an offset spatula to smooth it out. Eggs - Beating Techniques for Egg Whites and Egg Yolks, Icing Swirls - How to Make the Perfect One. Combine dry cake mix, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, pumpkin, ... Stir in miniature chips. Line each greased baking pan with a greased piece of parchment paper. It will come together as the batter warms from the beaters. ) Suggested Frostings: 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped With a large rubber spatula, fold the batter to incorporate any stray flour or pumpkin puree not incorporated into the batter. Triple Layer Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake from . Get all the knowledge and expertise of Baking 911 in an all new package! 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon But it looks like a cookie. Pistachio Rose Panna Cotta Tart. 4. Slice cake into pieces and serve. Privacy Policy, vegan pumpkin chocolate chip layer cake #PumpkinWeek, the best {and easiest} vegan pumpkin spice latte ». When ready to assemble the cake fill a piping bag fitted with a 1/2 inch round tip with remaining 2/3 of the chocolate.