I moved to Bournemouth when I was 19, i'm now 41 and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else apart from maybe Italy. I love it, can't really fault it. Manchester is alright but a bit rough, Coventry is the dirtiest place on earth and ****ing disgusting, but Bournemouth is amazing. The Cost of Living in Bournemouth is high. The pros and cons of country living Peace and quiet It stands to reason that the further you are away from the hustle and bustle of a city, the quieter things will be. Rent in Bournemouth is, on average, 68.82% lower than in New York. Living in Eastbourne: what to expect. Its town centre is also quite compact, making it easy to walk around. There are looads of nice places I know but we do seem to have it all down here. Eastbourne’s Victorian ancestry means it is blessed with large properties and generous, tree-lined streets. A single person costs: $2,296 per month. The main attraction is the beach. A family costs: $5,586 per month. I'm from Manchester, studying in Coventry, and living in Bournemouth with my partner. Country vs city living: Pros and cons The decision on whether to live in the country or a city isn't just a choice on pace of life. Lying in 24 degree weather in the middle of April whilst typing this. Summary about cost of living in Bournemouth, United Kingdom: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 2,836.97$ (2,121.46£) without rent (using our estimator). A single person estimated monthly costs are 810.52$ (606.10£) without rent. Coffee costs: $2.91. Parks and Common. Many other factors can come into play. Living in Southampton can make it easy to take for granted what we have, so here are some of the things which make it a great place to live and work.. 1. Many of them stem from taking on too many jobs (guilty) or take on too many hours at one job. Southampton Common. … Breakdown of prices in Bournemouth, United Kingdom for housing, food, transportation, going out for September 2020. Cost of living index in Bournemouth is 34.62% lower than in New York. Cons: Now for the cons. Bournemouth is 39% cheaper than New York City. Monthly rent costs: $1,356 per month. The only downside is property prices are very high which the salaries don't match. A single traveler costs: $3,314 per month. Having taken on quite a few jobs at a time, I have for sure learned a few definite downfalls of juggling work with uni.