Draw near to every member of Christ's body, and protect Your people Israel against the increasing roar of the nations. Psalm 46:10 ESV. The focus of Centering Prayer is the deepening of our relationship with the living Christ. For most of us stillness, silence, and serenity are difficult to find. Father, we praise You that Your word stands fast for ever and ever and that Your precious promises encourage us to rest in Your love, and drink deeply from the Rock of our salvation. Even when we are able to find it externally, it can still be difficult to cultivate stillness internally. The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is here among us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Furthermore, “Be still” is not the end of the imperative. 8 Come, see the glorious works … We are being instructed in this verse to let go, to be quiet, and to be physically & mentally still. September 15, 2016. “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. It … People of God, the command is to "BE STILL"! Today’s prayer is based on Psalm 46. Psalm 46:10-Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Begin your prayer time by worshiping God and thanking Him for all He’s done for you. PSALM 46:10 Theological Background The source of Centering Prayer, as in all methods leading to contemplative prayer, is the indwelling Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We pray for the salvation of the lost and for Your soon return, when … This stillness we are called to is not in physical movement, not in our service unto the Lord, but in our mind. Life is busy and so are our minds! What follows is of equal importance: “…and know that I am God. The subject is not left to focus on stillness, but upon the … Praying through Psalm 46:10.