Read all about it on t, GIVEAWAY! Combine the following in medium saucepan over medium heat: 3/4 cup + 3tbsp sugar, cornstarch, milk, egg, egg yolks, 3 tsp vanilla extract, and salt. Top with reserved wafers just before serving. cook, uncovered, over boiling water, stirring constantly 10 minutes or until. The righteous man walks in his integrity; Getting Ready for Baby + Free Big Brother Printable ». Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. I added 1/2 cup of sweetened coconut flakes! Log in. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff but not dry. You might think of it as an hours-long process to get the perfect dessert for the church potluck or a quick treat to whip up with pre-made ingredients like Cool Whip and Jell-O pudding. But sometimes it’s time to take an old standby to the next level and break out the fresh stuff. Add heavy cream, remaining 2 tbsp of sugar, and remaining 1/2 tsp of vanilla to bowl and whisk until whipped cream forms. As a result, several features will be disabled. Posted in response to my own request. What would you serve with this? Yum! So, here goes…. Step away from the packaged stuff, it’s time to whip up Real Banana Pudding from scratch. Learn how to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps. After at least 20 minutes, remove bowl and beaters/whisk from freezer. Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, 140 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That’ll Steal the Show, 7 Paint Colors We’re Loving for Kitchen Cabinets in 2020, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime. So that’s just what I’ve done with this entirely homemade banana pudding recipe. https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/nabisco-banana-pudding/190405, Get Detailed Nutrition Facts on Any Recipe. Spoon over custard; spread evenly to cover entire surface of custard and sealing well to edge. Repeat layers (usually 3) until all bananas, wafers, and pudding have been used; the top layer should be pudding. garnish with. At backyard barbecues or polished dinner parties, there’s never a bad time to bring out this comforting Southern treat. Pour about 1/3 of the remaining custard over bananas. I’ve teamed up with @wagne, Spindle beds are done and I am in love! Reduce heat and cook stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. It’s one of those Southern staples. The mixture can turn thick in a matter of moments, so it’s important to whisk and watch it carefully so that it doesn’t burn. top with sliced bananas, and 2/3 cup custard. Stir in 4 egg yolks and milk; blend well. I love international foods, travel, and cooking up fun experiments in my kitchen. Spread small amount of custard on bottom of 1-1/2-quart baking dish; cover with layers of 1/3 each of the remaining wafers and sliced bananas. Once the pudding has cooled and you’re ready to layer the banana pudding ingredients, ensure that each banana slice is covered with at least a little bit of pudding. Making again for Mother’s Day. 1/2 cup : sugar reserve 2 tablespoons sugar. The fact that the same recipe for this southern staple is still one of the most popular banana pudding recipes today tells you something! Smooth, creamy, and oh-so-decadent there are few better ways to finish any meal. Nabisco's Original Banana Pudding: original banana pudding : developed by nabisco, this recipe is still on the back of nilla wafers : boxes. top with generous layer of sliced bananas; pour, 2/3 cup custard over bananas. Cook uncovered over boiling water, stirring constanty until thickened. Continue to layer wafers, bananas and custard to make 3 layers of each, ending with custard. 44.4 g