I can’t see it being an issue though. Not too sweet and just perfect! Made these, following the recipe exactly and they were pure pumpkin perfection! Thank you so much Sally! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. These muffins are perfect for a fall breakfast, brunch, or after school snack. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Scroll down to the bottom of this post for the full information. Trust me!! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I was happily surprised by how well this recipe turned out! I will definately be making these again! I’m not a pro at GF baking, so I’m unsure. Adjust oven rack to center position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Grab a cookie, take a seat, and have fun exploring! Mix the wet ingredients together. of ginger 1/2 tsp. It’s always a good time for pumpkin scones, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, and today’s adorable mini cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition This, combined with the butter-cinnamon-sugar topping, equals a little bite of pumpkin heaven surrounded by cinnamon-sugar crunch. . I also skipped the drizzle -which I'm sure would have been great just thought if they're good without it why add calories?? These were so delicious and easy to make! Apparently my two year old daughter didn't think so either, she kept sneaking them off the counter. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Preheat oven and grease a mini muffin … Thanks for reporting back Cat. Yum! of vanilla. Whole wheat flour for a wholesome and satisfying flavor! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. and have the same sweet and irresistible flavors as pumpkin pie! Cold ingredients don’t evenly combine, which always affects the texture of the final baked good. I cut the bag's end a bit bigger and had those cups filled in no time! The only change I made was to butter the mini muffin tins and sprinkle them with cinnamon-sugar. Another winner, Sally (why am I not surprised?). For tall muffin tops, try my handy trick: bake for 5 minutes at 425°F (218°C), then keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce temperature to 350°F (177°C) and bake for an additional 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The cinnamon sugar always turns to mush the next day after being in a container over night. Rather than buying pumpkin pie spice, can I substitue a mixture of cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg? I replaced the pumpkin puree with pumpkin pie filling to make it easier and skipped the heating on the stove. You’ll love them! These were very moist and delicious. any tips to achieve that without messing with the muffin texture? Thanks! Hi Grace! Just a tip: Always sift the confectioners sugar before making a glaze- it will always come out smooth. Oh-my-god good. How long to bake with minis? Moist, but not dense, and the cinnamon- sugar adds the perfect touch. *For mini muffins, bake for 11-13 minutes at 350°F (177°C) the entire time. These were so great - and I ran out of time to frost them! My 4 year old loves them too! They were bland. Will not make again. Bring pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon and cloves to a simmer in a medium saucepan until puree thickens enough to start sticking to pan bottom, 6 to 8 minutes. I also added 1 tbsp. I followed the recipe almost to the 'T' including heating up the pumpkin which was a total waste of time and energy. I would keep the cinnamon and nutmeg called for in the recipe then also use 1/4 teaspoon of (extra) nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1/4 tsp ginger, and 1/4 tsp allspice. Congrats! Let stand a few minutes, then transfer mini-muffins to a wire rack to cool. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then whisk until just combined. These are just the cutest rustic looking little bite-size muffins but in addition to 24 mini-muffins I got eight regular muffins as well (400 degrees 15 minutes). Super quick and easy to prepare for busy mornings. Here’s a look at how to make these simple Pumpkin Muffins. Perfection. Thaw, and then frost as desired. sugar & less OJ)than the recipe calls for only because I package the muffins and the original drizzle recipe doesn't set up making a mess when trying to get them neatly into a little treat bag! Baked in a mini muffin pan and never fried! All rights reserved. I then dipped fingers into water to press tips down. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. These were a hit for Sunday brunch. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moistened. Let cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. A generous dunk in cinnamon-sugar because it’s SO GOOD. The only change that I made was to add MORE ginger (about 1/2 a tsp) because I love ginger and these muffins were totally tasteless. Avoid over-mixing. I was tempted to skip the step of cooking the pumpkin with the spices but I'm glad I didn't because it's clear the process makes the flavor of the spices bloom. So easy and SO good!!! Divide batter among the muffin cups and bake until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes. I didn't have the ingredients to make the frosting, but I didn't think it needed it. Info. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Love your trick but I prefer the mini sized muffins. Turn hot puree into a bowl. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Meanwhile, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; whisk into pumpkin mixture until just combined. The first week of every November is all about Thanksgiving Pies. I have a convection oven so I had to bake them at 400 F. I made 2 different glazes: one with confectioners sugar and grand marnier and one with confectioners sugar and orange juice. I really enjoyed these. Instead of mini muffins, you can bake regular size cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins. How to Make Mini Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins. Remove from pans, … For 12-14 regular size muffins, prepare batter as instructed and fill a 12-count muffin pan. I also made my own cinnamon glaze instead of the orange. Totally pop-able and impossible to eat only 1. These were super easy, quick and whoa are they good. Will definitely use this recipe again! Add the egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and milk and whisk to combine. :). I still feel like the batter could use a few more spices so next time I will add some pupkin pie spice to the mixture. Preheat oven to 350°. These healthy pumpkin mini muffins have the same supremely moist and soft texture as bakery-style ones, even with no butter, eggs, dairy, refined flour or sugar. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. This is just what I was after for Hubs to take to a morning meeting to offer with coffee -not too sweet tasty and no fork required! Keywords: mini pumpkin muffins, mini cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins, Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction. A tradition since 2013, every December we countdown to Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in a row! My mom who HATES pumpkin ate about 6 on her own can’t wait to make them again. It’s hard to not eat all of them. I didn't do the glaze. (Hubby doesn't like orange though it sounded tasty to me!) I did not add the frosting but don't feel like I'm missing anything! I skipped the pre-cooking step and prepared these as usual (mix wet mix dry mix together fold in nuts.) FYI I made a few minor alterations to the recipe: used 1 tsp of ginger instead of 1.5; used 2 tsp of cinnamon instead of 1; substituted light brown sugar for dark. Made with pure pumpkin, whole wheat flour, and extra cinnamon spice, these mini cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins are a cross between a muffin and a donut. Whisk together the pumpkin, sugar, butter, sour cream, vanilla and egg in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. It’s starting to feel a bit fall-ish here in the south and I was craving something pumpkin. But if there's lumps in the sifter afterwards don't force them to go through just throw them out. I normally LOVE all of your recipes. Bite-sized and totally acceptable as a snack, breakfast, or dessert. Join the community on the 1st of every month as we tackle a new challenge recipe.Review Sally's Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions.