Hero Member; Posts: 812; St. Pete, Florida; Curling Lychee Leaves « on: October 12, 2013, 02:39:41 PM » My Lychee tree has some new leaves that are curling. Whatever it is they’re small and to hard to see and they are hiding under where the leaves touch. OCchris. Every ten seconds the fan blew across the tree. Trees currently with fruit: Infested harvested fruit (and leaves/stems) can move the LEM to new lychee trees, locations and regions of the State. If it is dry then try to water them with just the right amount, if it is still too moist, perhaps do it the next day. Understanding Lychee Problems – Learn How To Keep Lychees Do baby ducks have diseases The principal diseases affecting lychee production in Florida include fungi and algae. In the case of an unhealthy parent plant, it will also pass on some disease to the offspring plant that would cause them to grow unhealthy as well. The quality of yield depends on your plant’s health. « Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 01:41:20 AM » Sorry to hear of your troubles Simon. “Clawing” is the term given when the cannabis leaves are curling up and down. Your email address will not be published. The use of lawn sprinkler systems on a timer may result in over watering and cause lychee trees to decline. Phyllosticta leaf spot is a disease which causes tan to black lesions and curling on lychee leaves. Established in 2005, Crop King Seeds has been perfecting the genetics of the cannabis plant for medical and commercial grower seeking maximum results in THC levels and harvest size. Maintain a wet-dry cycle. Special Care for a Lychee Tree. Yes, growing cannabis can be easy and enjoyable, but it may also require much of your attention, especially in maintaining its health. my 4 month old Lychee seedling needs help! For indoor cultivation, if the temperature is high, just add some more grow lights to increase it. Fdacs-DPI is conducting ongoing surveys. Hey do you know of a particular pest that causes the leaves to curl under where they meet with the other leaf blades on the same leaf?…kinda towards the back of the leaf. I talked to a Florida nursery and doing some reading, and I learned Lesson #1: Emerging lychee leaves are unusually sensitive to wind. – DrJockers.com, The Alkaline Acid Food Chart (Use This to Rejuvenate Your Health) | Yuri Elkaim, How to Make and Use the Legendary Four Thieves Vinegar Blend, 13 Things You Need to Have in Your Home Apothecary, How to Make a Menstrual Cramps Pain Relief Salve, Anleitung zum Entziffern Ihrer Fingernägel Gesundheit und was Sie dagegen tun können! The best way to correct light burn is to move you plant away from your light source, usually between eight and 20 inches depending on the watt and lighting type. "All discussion content within the forum reflects the views of individual participants only and do not necessarily represent the views held by the Tropical Fruit Forum as an organization. Too much water is generally not the issue with lychees in the ground unless there is standing water. Temperature is very hard to control outdoors, though, so for outdoor growers, the best wat to deal with change in temperature is to have an early harvest. Generally, in fruiting plants or edibles, it is best to use preventative fungicide applications in early spring. If we are not careful in watering the plants, it will drown the plant’s root. The regular temperature for your plant should not be over 28 degrees Celsius, and anything above that is harmful to your plant. The excess dosage of nitrogen-rich vegetative growth base nutes can cause the plants leave to craw or to curl up and down. Make sure to measure what you feed them having the right nutrient solution with the right pH. Overwatering the Plant . These erinea later become a reddish-brown hairy mass that, in some instances, can cover the entire underside of the leaf, which may become distorted or curled (Figure 3). Mushroom root rot is the most deadly disease affecting the lychee tree. In this article, we have listed several causes of why marijuana leaves tend to curl and how to cure them. Ideally, all fruit, leaves, and stems of infested trees should be removed and burned immediately. Too little water will cause wilt but I don't think will curl the leaves. Most of the common lychee tree diseases are caused by fungal pathogens. In this article, we have listed several causes of why marijuana leaves tend to curl and how to cure them. If you see these signs, then your plant may be suffering from heatstroke. Prolonged exposure to cold temperatures, which is more than 10 degrees, can not just cause curly leaves or will kill the plant. I started growing the Lychee tree in regular soil, and after about 2 months i desided that i wanted to try to grow it hydroponically. This may also be one reason why leaves are curling, so to fix the problem, you may need to feed your plant with much-needed nutrients or fertilizer to heal them from any kind of sickness. Look and review the fixes below in addition to this. The right pH is about 5.8pH to 6.0 pH. We also recommend growing plants off a cold cement or tile floor; use a milk crate or stool to raise them off the ground when necessary. Do You Have Low Serotonin Levels? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Picture of tomato leaf curl How To Fix Tomato Leaf Curl. To be able to cure this, make sure that you adjust the temperature to your grow room. The lychee leaves eventually turn yellow and the tree dies. Clawing is a sign or signal that the cannabis plant is sick and needs to be healed. Logged Michael. Most cultivator uses a screen to shade to keep the plants slightly cooler. I don't think there is anything wrong with them. Just like hat stress, very cold temperature is not also good for your plants. Overdoing any vitamin or mineral-rich feeding to the plant will cause the leaves to curl as well, and it will scorch the tips.