This story has been shared 170,717 times. The tunnel itself doesn’t rest in the water but was actually drilled through the Hudson riverbed. He said when there are leaks, the water pools at the bottom of the tube, well below the road, and is pumped out. I’m pretty sure there’s a movie about this and everybody dies,” Anthony Consiglio, who posted the clip to Instagram, can be heard saying as the water seeps out of the side of the tunnel. They did not indicate if it was related to a possible leak. NEW YORK (WCBS 880) — While commuters thought the Hudson River began flooding into the Lincoln Tunnel on Wednesday morning, Port Authority says that’s not the case. Despite all this, the tunnel remained standing. A New York motorist recorded water leaking into the Lincoln Tunnel on Tuesday evening, July 14, as he drove toward New Jersey. The problem “was fixed and the water was pumped out as designed,” the agency said. Twitter A screengrab of the video showing a leak in the Lincoln Tunnel. MANHATTAN — Flooding inside the Lincoln Tunnel raised a lot of concern on social media the past few days. Twitter I’m inside the Lincoln Tunnel, which is underwater. 162,901, This story has been shared 140,674 times. Port Authority officials closed the tunnel’s left lane for a half-hour “due to emergency maintenance,” according to tweets posted by the agency Tuesday night. I am not exaggerating when I say this was one of my worst fears and I would have exited my bus and made a run for it.”, READ NEXT: China Is Plotting an EMP Attack on the U.S., Expert Peter Pry Claims in Op-Ed, WATCH: New York Driver’s Video Shows Flooding in Lincoln Tunnel, Copyright © 2020 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. On Tuesday evening, July 14, a driver posted a video of water leaking into the Lincoln Tunnel… This story has been shared 140,674 times. Anthony Consiglio shared this video on his Instagram story as he drove through the tunnel, which runs under the Hudson River to … Either that, or it’s not the Lincoln Tunnel.”, In a subsequent tweet, they added, “Apparently, this happened last night in the outbound tunnel (leaving Manhattan). I’m inside the Lincoln Tunnel, which is underwater. probably not.”, One post reads, “The Lincoln tunnel flooding is one of my top 5 nightmare scenarios. I’m pretty sure there’s a movie about this and everybody dies.”, Who has “Lincoln Tunnel leak” on their 2020 Bingo card? Terms of Use Sitemap [16] — Lincoln Tunnel. The tunneling shields continued digging past the bulkhead, within the pressurized chamber. pic.twitter.com/381QfE29zC, — InMinivanHell (@inminivanhell) July 15, 2020, The Port Authority, which is responsible for the Lincoln Tunnel, posted a series of tweets on July 14 about emergency maintenance in the tunnel. about an hour ago with no problem. 170,717, This story has been shared 162,901 times. Lindsay Lohan debuts new jewelry collaboration, The holiday gift Rachel Zoe buys in bulk? On Tuesday evening, July 14, a driver posted a video of water leaking into the Lincoln Tunnel, which runs under the Hudson River connecting Manhattan and Weehawken, New Jersey. Do Not Sell My Personal Information. will i ever drive through it again now? This story has been shared 170,717 times. Powered by. As if 2020 wasn’t already bad enough, NYC commuters found themselves in a living nightmare when water suddenly started flooding into the Lincoln Tunnel – … According to Yahoo News, the video was initially posted by Anthony Consiglio on his Instagram story. Anthony Consiglio shared this … “Well, that’s concerning. Water flooded the Lincoln Tunnel roadway Tuesday as drivers lined up bumper-to-bumper during the evening rush, video shows. A New York motorist recorded water leaking into the Lincoln Tunnel on Tuesday evening, July 14, as he drove toward New Jersey. Petition to kick Amber Heard off 'Aquaman 2' gathers 1.5M signatures. In the video, Consiglio says, “Well, that’s concerning. He said the tunnel that drivers see is actually sitting inside a tube made of cast-iron sections. “Flooding in the Lincoln Tunnel” is, no joke, one of the biggest fears of anyone in the New York City/New Jersey area. Your California Privacy Rights Gillespie also spoke about the most devastating incident in the Holland Tunnel’s history, when a carbon disulfide drum fell off a truck in 1949.