Sometimes I cooked the meats with the sauce other times I topped the meats with the sauce after cooking. I have found the sauce very nice on a pita with falafel and pickles. Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the remaining ½ cup of oil in a very slow stream while whisking continuously using an electric beater, till it gets the consistency of mayonnaise. Required fields are marked *, COPYRIGHT © 2020 HORMONESBALANCE.COM Thank goodness the garlic sauce was not a recipe shrouded in generations of secrecy because I had to have it to share w/you. 0 %, cups corn oil (Per Kay, Mazola is a must for this as it rarely works well with other brands, but see my note below), Zankou Chicken's Lebanese Garlic Sauce (Copycat). Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Since the recipe does call for a larger amount of garlic, it can tend to be a little bit on the spicy side. Next time I might substitute 1/2 of the olive oil with canola the sauce had a strong olive oil taste. Repeat the above steps with the remaining oil and lemon juice until all the ingredients have been used up, and you have a creamy and thick garlic sauce. 2.6 g Done! If you’re looking to tone down the spice level, you can certainly use less garlic. Next time I'm going to try it with about half the oil and less than a quarter of the lemon juice with salt to taste. This is fantastic just like LaShish. Pour olive oil over the top of the garlic and spread it on a slice of taboun bread, sprinkle a little grated cheese and bake until the cheese melts. Put a cup of fresh garlic cloves, cleaned and peeled, into the bowl of a food processor, add salt. Because I find EVOO to have a very strong taste I used 1/2 C of the dark green EVOO and 1 1/2 C light EVOO. Your email address will not be published. It is critical that you take this slowly otherwise your sauce will break and not become light and fluffy. 4 bulbs garlic, cloves separated and peeled. I have no patience for that. Great all-purpose sauce. It was too much lemon for me so I added a bit more salt to combat the zing. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. If you make sure everyone is having the garlic then you are all set and no one can complain of the strong odor. The lemon juice acts as a binder between the oil and the garlic, and alternating juice and … Yowza! With the food processor running, drizzle about 3 tablespoons into the paste. Lebanese garlic sauce recipe  | eggless Lebanese garlic sauce | Toum |. All of the recipes are based on 20 hormone-supporting superfoods and 20 hormone-supporting super herbs—with modifications for Paleo, Paleo for Autoimmunity (AIP), anti-Candida, and low-FODMAP diets. Arreola, Quintero-Fabían, et al. You also want to stop to take frequent breaks. To make Lebanese garlic sauce combine the garlic, lemon juice and ¼ cup of oil in a mixer and blend till smooth. The Lebanese Garlic Sauce is not for the soft-hearted. I used the *Euro Shopper* brand corn oil, Kay's recipe (including the egg whites) + the thin stream addition of the oil method w/excellent results ~ a richly garlic-flavored & thick sauce. Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the remaining ½ cup of oil in a very slow stream while whisking continuously using an electric beater ,till it gets the consistency of mayonnaise. Don't miss the latest recipe videos each week. Next, with the machine still running, drizzle in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice very carefully through the lid opening. REGISTER NOW If you are a new user. Because this will give it a chance to calm and mellow out a bit. There are so many foods that this sauce is good with, from being eaten on its own with bread. I have been looking for this garlic recipe for a while now.