Required fields are marked *. I added ground beef and did a it 1/4 goat and 3/4 mozzarella cheese- delicious and filling. Although it usually contains animal products like meat, fish, and poultry, it’s possible to adapt it to fit a vegetarian diet. If you don't need this to be vegetarian, you could add sausage or bacon as well. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 27-34 minutes or until zucchini is cooked through and cheese is melted. One zucchini for 2 meals does not seem like it would keep you full until your next meal. Remove from oven and serve with favorite toppings. Slice the zucchini in half, length-wise, and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds (don't throw them away!). Can't wait to have this again! If there’s something you don’t fancy, change it for another low-carb veggie. Once the zucchini taco boats have cooled off, transfer them to an airtight container. Scoop the mixture you made and divide it to fill the two zucchini boats. You should eliminate the following foods: Here are some foods that you should limit: A vegetarian keto diet eliminates all meat while limiting high-carb foods like starchy vegetables, sugary drinks, grains, and fruits. Zucchini Taco Boats. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information. I added some left over slow cooked lamb, and this makes it more filling - and so very Mediterranean! We love this low carb keto recipe because it is filled with real ingredients, and it is just so easy to make with just a few basic steps. The ketogenic, or keto, diet is a high-fat, low-carb diet that has become especially popular in recent years. Independently, vegetarian and keto diets may promote blood sugar control, weight loss, and several other benefits. Will do again with different proportions. I used feta instead of goats cheese and i added minced chicken in the mix to make it a little more filling and it was. Here you can learn all about it and how to use it to reach your personal health goals. Making this tonight. The savory flavors really stand out while the ground turkey brings a great amount of protein. Subscribe to the newsletter to get the latest recipe updates and our ebook! I brushed the 'shells' with olive oil and roasted for a few minutes while I prepared the filling. *. It's tasty but not substantial so I added some bacon to it. Also I did use a whole zucchini for one serving (2 halves) but I adjusted the rest so the ingredients were still correct for one serving. It’s a rather expensive dish to make for 4 portions, so I won’t be having it too often, but I’ll keep it in my recipe book! 1 (200 g) medium-sized zucchini; 2 2 garlic clove, sliced thinly garlic cloves, sliced thinly; ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil; … Gluten-free and just incredible, these zucchini boats are perfect for anyone who may have a craving for tacos, but just want to skip out on the tortillas. I don't like goat cheese, So I used mozzarella instead. Keto-friendly, zero fuss, and total convenience. Step 3 addresses what to do with the seeds. The vegetarian keto diet is an eating plan that combines aspects of vegetarianism and keto dieting. Thanks you, I love the recipe as a side dish. Transfer the stuffed zucchinis to your Air Fryer basket. There was an error submitting your subscription. 2g net carbs per 100g (Sainsbury’s) and you use it straight out of the tub. It may also not be appropriate for athletes, those with a history of eating disorders, or people with type 1 diabetes. For plant-based version, then leave out the ground-turkey. WOW. Fry until soft. Season with salt, pepper, taco seasoning and 1/3 cup of salsa. Also what is the protein portion of the dish? Plenty filling and simple. A great alternative to the ground turkey would be black beans, garbanzo beans, tofu, etc. The vegetarian keto diet may cause short-term side effects, lack important nutrients, and be unsuitable for kids and pregnant or breastfeeding women. Is a bit much. You could try another squash, but they are all higher carb than zucchini/summer squash. Thank you for the recipe. The crumbly kind may be easier to work with. Am I correct by cooking only one zucchini for both dinner and lunch? Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me @lifemadesweeter on Instagram. Another thing is that I substituted the Goat Cheese for Shredded Mozzarella Cheese and it came out really tasty. In fact, studies tie them to a lower risk of cancer and improved levels of several heart disease risk factors, including BMI, cholesterol, and blood pressure (9, 10).