Powerful yet compact, the MO654DE is the go-to option if you constantly work with heavy fabrics, making quick work of thick fabric widths and multiple layers sans any damage. Adjustable Length and Differential Feed I broke a thread so I pulled out the remaining threads to re-thread. I was very excited to get a Juki serger, having read and heard great things about their products. Unfortunately, the dealer isn't licensed to work on new Jukis, so i emailed Juki. It handles MaxiLock and Wooly Nylon thread beautifully. With either method the automatic hem provides a clean edge as needed for clothing and upholstery. The roll is sewn over while it is also rolled up. It features adjustments for differential feed and stitch length to allow for maximum control while sewing. Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 13.6 x 11.6 inches Despite the lack of a free arm, the MO654DE is well equipped to support a variety of projects, regardless of the material and type of project. It was my fault, I think. The JUKI MO654DE is a small and powerful machine that delivers function and versatility as needed for home serging tasks. Threads: 2-3-4 So depressing. Thanks to its differential feed the MO654DE can sew light or heavy fabric, even with thick seams. I opened the machine up to rethread it and I see that one of the little pieces of metal that is supposed to hold the thread in a particular place broke off! This machine easily serges through multiple layers, including canvas, denim, and quilts! Powerful Knife System It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. I upgraded to this Juki from my Brother 1034D and couldn't be happier. Knife adjustment is calibrated to offer consistent response. The knife system uses a moveable upper knife for safety and simplicity with a dedicated drive mechanism. The rolled hem is just as beautiful as my industrial and threading is no more difficult than my vintage Singer. This model features a 2-3-4 thread capability with a number of adjustable features for customized results. The differential feed is useful for stopping thin and stretchy materials from being pulled out of shape by seams. They also couldn't get it to work correctly. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The facility to create a bunched effect for skirts, sleeves, and necklines. I am unbelievably disappointed in this machine. When I started researching I looked at the BabyLock Evolution but was not impressed with the quality of the rolled hem or the price (which was even a sale price!) Fabric Versatility I was in LOVE with my Juki, but tonight I was serging a simple jersey seam and all of the sudden one of the threads dropped and the serger wasn't binding properly anymore. I couldn't get my tension correct until I figured that little bit out. Reviewed in the United States on April 11, 2019. The shop estimated $225 - $250 to repair the machine and replace dull knives. However, the machine also comes with additional feet for pipping, gathering, cording and blind stitching. I paid $358. I work primarily with fleece, flannels, and minky. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, JUKI MO654DE Portable Thread Serger Sewing Machine, Successful Serging: From Setup to Simple and Specialty Stitches, See all details for JUKI MO654DE Portable Thread Serger Sewing Machine, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I do not want to pay $250 to repair a machine I could buy for $315 today. The MO654DE has an upper knife run by a drive mechanism to keep things simple and safe. The MO-654DE Pearl Line and portable are the exact same products. The price today is $315. I highly recommend this machine and this seller. After struggling with it for hours, (re-reading the handbook, watching online videos, trying out every tension), I took it to a dealer for help. Weight: 15 pounds To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. As a brand JUKI combines ease of use and high quality with its powerful drive cutting system to create its sergers and the MO654DE model is no exception. The serger features adjustment dials for the stitch length and the differential feed to provide the easiest management of each stitch. 2-3-4 Thread Capability with Automatic Rolled Hem  One tip - make sure you pull the thread tightly into your tension dials. There is also a variety of additional presser feet available for piping, blind stitching, gathering and cording. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. It has been proving out to be very promising in terms of service and quality. The machine’s automatic roll hemmer rolls the edge of the fabric over itself two times in order to hide the edges of the fabric. It's smooth and a lot quieter. The first allows for rolling over the end of the hem and the second allows for an overlock stitch for necessary durability. Durable: The JUKI Pearl Line MO-654DE is strong enough to maintain power for years without concern for damage even with working on the most difficult fabrics. Some users found the machine to be on the expensive side. But last night, the upper and lower loopers jammed so the timing is off. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for JUKI MO654DE Portable Thread Serger Sewing Machine at Amazon.com. I now need to wait for their service guy to call me to help me. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Built-in Tape Guide  The snap-on presser foot that comes with the MO654DE is multi-functional, letting you use various specialty and standard stitches, as well as attach various products such as tape, elastic, beads and sequins to your projects. Equipped with a 2-3-4 thread capability and automatic rolled-hem stitching feature, the MO654DE also lets you adjust the stitch length (via dials to a maximum length of 4 mm) as desired and also features an adjustable differential feed to easily handle any fabric, especially preventing delicate materials from being pulled out of shape; it changes the material’s tightness during the stitching to combat this.