100 g Chocolate Chips. Well, because Italians believed that chocolate would make you even hotter, “calorosso”, (temperature wise hot! . Because in the recipe it says 1 cup of flour but 120g? Last Updated September 13, 2019. 1 teaspoon Baking Powder. 1- Preheat the oven to 325°F/180°C; Line a 9 inch springform cake pan with parchment paper or grease it with cooking spray, set aside. In Italy I always use a Williams Pear which is very easily found here, and I find it perfect whenever I make a cake, although I do usually purchase them when they are ripe but on the firmer side. All Rights Reserved. Chocolate Pear Cake – chocolate and pears go really well together in this easy cake! ), not a good thing when temperatures would reach 40° celcius they would say. 500 g Ricotta. I was a bit worried that the mixture was too heavy, so I whipped up the egg whites and folded them in as a last step before putting in the tin. Method Chocolate Pear Cake a moist easy to make Cake Recipe. But I do love chocolate, and I have to say so does the rest of my family, it’s a good thing, because if they didn’t, oh how they would suffer! Then slowly add the vegetable oil and beat to combine. Hi Sarah, yes a typical Italian cake is on the drier side, I think 1 egg and 2 yolks would make it moister. Published September 13, 2019 By Rosemary 22 Comments. What kind of flour ? We won't send you spam. 0 from 0 votes. Hi Liz, if I don’t specify the type of flour (eg self rising or pastry/cake flour) then it’s plain/all purpose flour. Filed Under: Cakes & Cupcakes, Chocolate, Desserts, fruit, Most Posts, Your email address will not be published. Do you know if maple syrup would work as a substitute for sugar? Easy to understand when it’s gone for three months! Your email address will not be published. Thanks Ricky, glad you enjoyed it. Which do you use in your recipes please? Wonderful ! Chocolate Cake topped with sliced pears and sprinkled with chocolate chips. Personally I think it is wasted “dunked” but he says it is amazing.There are so many things that remind us of Fall and I have to say  chocolate is one of those things for me. Your clarification is much appreciated.. thanks! Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe. Never mind. Good idea with the egg whites. So if you are looking for a Chocolate Pear Cake to make and serve as a dessert, snack or even a Breakfast cake I hope you give this Cake a try. Facebook 0 Pin 0 Tweet 0 Email 0. Needless to say that was very devastating for me, I adore chocolate. I’ve made it today and it turned out delicious! But once fall hit, the Chocolate and the Chocolate Recipes would be flying. Have a great weekend. I baked for 45 minutes, it was sooo dry. I would usually make my very popular Pear Cake, and sometimes this delicious Chocolate Pear Cake. Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C). It is not stated. Course Dessert. This cake will help us getting through the overload! Chocolate Chip Pear Drop Cookies. Chocolate Cake topped with sliced pears and sprinkled with chocolate chips. We used to have a pear tree and then we didn’t. How to prepare chocolate, pear and hazelnut cake Ingredients. I added a handful of chocolate chips. Looks Delish! Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. This pear and chocolate cake recipe has been in my black … https://www.notquitenigella.com/2015/10/06/pear-chocolate-cake-italy-sicily I’m not a chocolate cake fan but this one won me over! Did I do something wrong? I baked it for 40 mind and it was still pretty dry. Sep 8, 2020 - Chocolate Pear Cake a moist easy to make Cake Recipe. Have a wonderful Sunday. He loves it along side a cup of coffee or dunked in his cafe latte in the morning. Hi Haze, one cup of flour is equal to 120-125 grams. Heading to the kitchen now. 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (or similar) Preparation. Hi Marianne, great, let me know how it turns out. Enjoy! Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Chocolate Pear Cake We used to have a pear tree and then we didn’t. Let cool then dust with powdered / icing sugar before serving. Amaretti Cookies – Italian Almond Cookies. It seems no one could get enough. https://www.mylittleitaliankitchen.com/chocolate-pear-sponge-cake Let cool, then dust with powdered sugar and serve. If I remember correctly the poor thing got hit by lightening. Chocolate Pear Cake – chocolate and pears go really well together in this easy cake! I lowered the temperature and baked the cake for a further 10 minutes. Enjoy! The cake is cooling as I write this, and the kitchen smells divine. In a large bowl beat on medium speed the eggs, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes. Yum! Let me know. Chocolate and pear cake is a match made in heaven, and I think this recipe is an amazing way of showcasing these two ingredients. In a small bowl whisk together flour and baking powder. A little sprinkle of powdered sugar and you have the perfect dessert. Unsubscribe at any time. Enjoy! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Chocolate Pear Cake is a sweet snacking cake. Looks delicious by the way. The perfect breakfast, tea or dessert cake. Hi Rachel, thanks so much, glad you like it and I hope your Italian does too. To creamed mixture alternately add dry whisked ingredients and yogurt mixture. Cuisine Italian. Hi Gabby, thanks so much, I hope you enjoy it. Dark Chocolate Pear Cake, an easy Italian Bundt cake recipe, made with fresh Pears and dark chocolate. Hi Angie, I imagine it was too dry because it was baked too long. Filed Under: Cakes & Cupcakes, Chocolate, Desserts, Fall/Winter, fruit, Most Posts, Your email address will not be published. I made this chocolate pear cake quite a while ago and really liked it, even though never before have I combined chocolate cake batter and pears. By giving consent, you agree to allow us to collect information through cookies. Jump to Recipe. A moist delicious cake you will love. If I remember correctly the poor thing got hit by lightening. Hi Sinead, I used cake flour in the recipe. It’s funny I think every country has a different name for every type of flour. Serve the cake warm or chilled with a scoop of ice cream or a dreamy spoonful of whipped cream. Copyright ©2020, An Italian in my Kitchen. Grease and flour a 9 inch cake pan. In a small bowl over a pot of boiling water (make sure water does not touch bottom of bowl) melt chocolate (broken into pieces) and butter, when they have almost melted remove bowl from heat and stir until smooth. Enjoyed the chocolate & pear together. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing ! Maybe I will give it another go next summer! To help personalize content, measure adverts and provide a safer experience, we use cookies. Required fields are marked *. Maybe because when I first moved to Italy and it was the start of summer all of a sudden there was no chocolate to be seen, anywhere, (except of course chocolate gelato). Before baking, the top is covered with pear slices and sprinkled with more chopped chocolate and raw sugar to add additional sweetness and texture. Chocolate Cake topped with sliced pears and sprinkled with chocolate chips. In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar until creamy, add cooled melted chocolate, yogurt and flour mixture, beat until smooth, add chopped pears and combine gently with a wooden spoon, spoon into prepared cake pan. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. One question I have is where did you buy that cooling rack from? Take care. This cake has a moist crumb and we love the bits of pears and chocolate that interject the sponge cake. HI Ellie, thanks so glad you enjoyed it. Great recipe! 200 g Hazelnut flour, 150 g Dark chocolate, 100 g Butter, 80 g Sugar, 4 Eggs, 6 Small pears. This cake makes a perfect breakfast and dessert! Required fields are marked *. let me know how it goes. Hi, I’m in Australia where we use either “self raising” or “plain” flour. I reloaded and this time it worked. Hi, just wanted to check, is it 1 cup of flour or 1/2 cup? By giving consent, you agree to allow us to collect information through cookies. Apparently you can substitute maple syrup but I don’t know what the amount difference would be and you should probably cut down on the liquid in the recipe also by a tablespoon or two. I also have an Italian in my kitchen – I’m sure he’ll love this recipe.