Certain types of mining and pesticides result in the production of the inorganic version of the toxin, which can seep into the land and water systems. But, trust us, this really works. Watch the video below for more info on this crazy-but-true kitchen hack. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c6\/Dice-Tomatoes-Step-1-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Dice-Tomatoes-Step-1-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c6\/Dice-Tomatoes-Step-1-Version-3.jpg\/aid9941207-v4-728px-Dice-Tomatoes-Step-1-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

License: Fair Use<\/a> (screenshot)
\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/8b\/Make-Tomato-Rice-Step-15.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Tomato-Rice-Step-15.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/8b\/Make-Tomato-Rice-Step-15.jpg\/aid9941207-v4-728px-Make-Tomato-Rice-Step-15.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/0f\/Make-Tomato-Rice-Step-16.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Tomato-Rice-Step-16.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/0f\/Make-Tomato-Rice-Step-16.jpg\/aid9941207-v4-728px-Make-Tomato-Rice-Step-16.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/0c\/Make-Tomato-Rice-Step-17.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Tomato-Rice-Step-17.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/0c\/Make-Tomato-Rice-Step-17.jpg\/aid9941207-v4-728px-Make-Tomato-Rice-Step-17.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, How to Make Tomato Rice in an Electric Rice Cooker, consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. wow thats an easy and quick way to make an delicious tomato rice :) very tempting rice !! wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. I am also using rice cooker i will going to try this. Do all the rice cookers come with a cooking mode ? Nice one, looks delicious. I am a beginner and the rice turned out awesome.. my mom in law liked it a lot.. Hi, I too have Panasonic rice cooker but no slotted plate.Can I make it without that plate?And also,when I cook rice some of it sticks to bottom...any solution for this? Great recipe. After the water starts to roll boil , add the rice without water.Check for salt and cover cook for sometime.Cooker will automatically switch to “Keep warm” mode.Open the lid and check whether rice is cooked well.If not add 1/2 cup of water, mix well and again switch it to “cooking” mode. Wash the tomato (es) and remove the stem (s). Great recipe. When the timer goes off, you simply open the rice cooker and mush up the tomato with a wooden spoon. You might want to scale back a little bit though, especially if you’re eating it for every meal. The slotting plate is to collect the starch of the cooked rice to give one a healthier, fuller meal. Flushing the rice with high volumes of water can help remove some of the arsenic. wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. Steps 1. Inorganic arsenic is the kind that’s found in rice. Spread … Instead of sticking just to rice, try other grains such as quinoa, millet, amaranth, buckwheat or farro. The switch will click, like a toaster, when the rice is done. How to make tomato rice recipe directly in electric rice cooker without using a kadai. RELATED: 10 Methods Of Cooking Bacon You May Not Have Tried. I love rice cooker more. Instead, they simply advocate eating “a well-balanced diet for good nutrition and to minimize potential adverse consequences from consuming an excess of any one food.”. Check the mode of rice cooker every now and then.It may go to warm mode very soon.Switch the nob to “cook” mode whenever needed.Sometimes, it may not go to cooking mode when u try to change.At that time, switch off the rice cooker for a minute and again try changing the mode, it will work. This article has been viewed 10,157 times. Rice is such a perfect food. Copyright © Simplemost, All Rights Reserved. According to estimates from the Department of Agriculture, arsenic levels in brown rice are 10 times higher than in polished or white rice. I love tomato rice this looks like easy one nice, Lata mam,initially, too tried without slotting plate but i felt the bottom of rice getting burnt.So a layer of rice would be sticking to the bottom.By keeping slotted plate,burnt layer would be in sides only not in the center :). ), Millet - Types Of Millets, Health Benefits, Glossary(Kambu, Thinai, Saamai, Varagu, Kuthiraivali, Ragi), Karthigai Deepam Pooja Procedure, Date, Recipes - How to celebrate Karthigai deepam at home, INDIAN MONTHLY GROCERY LIST FOR 2 PERSONS, 75 Kuzhambu Recipes-South Indian Kuzhambu Varieties, Biryani Spices List, Names, Pictures, Health Benefits, 30 EASY DIWALI SWEETS RECIPES/INDIAN DEEPAVALI SWEETS, Birthday Party Recipes Menu Ideas – Indian Party Food Items List, Plain Salna Recipe – Empty Tomato Salna For Parotta, How To Make Soft Chapati / Super Soft Chapathi Recipe With Tips, South Indian Breakfast Recipes - Top 15 Tiffin Items List Of Tamilnadu. An easy one (that you should be doing anyway) is rinsing rice before you cook it. All contents are copyrighted by Chitras Food Book. ( Very nice look to see the tomato rice. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. I too love this... Aaaw.. lovely click, I love eating tomato rice often. Or, stick in a bay leaf or a smashed garlic bulb. Will definitely try outBest Rice Cooker. It will also reduce starches that cling to the outside of the grain and can make your cooked rice gummy and unpleasant. Yep, just take a whole tomato and plop it right in with your rice and liquid (be it water, broth, milk, etc.). I have done this tomato rice in the rice cooker before, I have never used the slotted plate. Yum. 2. There is no need to chop them. its fuss free and rice cooks the same way every time. Rinse your rice. And, with a rice cooker, your life is even easier. wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. of all the gadgets that i have in my tiny kitchen, the electric rice cooker is my favorite. This serves two to three people. Sign-up to get a daily batch of tips, tricks, and smiles to, Kellogg’s Is Debuting Froot Loops Candy Canes This Holiday Season, Krispy Kreme Is Introducing Two Decadent New Holiday Doughnuts, You Can Now Buy Shiitake Mushroom-Flavored Candy Canes, This Baby Yoda Hot Cocoa Bomb Is Almost Too Cute To Drink, 10 Methods Of Cooking Bacon You May Not Have Tried, How To Open A Wine Bottle Without A Corkscrew, Chicago’s Wrigley Field Is Now A National Historic Landmark—Here’s What That Means, Ken Jennings Will Host The First New ‘Jeopardy!’ Shows After Alex Trebek’s Death. While this may seem frightening, it doesn’t mean you should stop eating rice entirely. All have low levels of arsenic and a number of other health benefits including high levels of protein and fiber. First of all, let’s talk about arsenic. RELATED: How To Open A Wine Bottle Without A Corkscrew, Arsenic gets into your food because it’s absorbed from the earth and water as the plants grow.