i made this but i used cherry jello mix it tastes great. Lorann Oils is a great brand for hard candy. When the strands come out brittle and glass-like, you've reached a hard-crack Cook, stirring, over … This will normally take 20-30 minutes to heat after the boil is reached. Changing the flavor is simple and delicious! Super easy! I make this every year and everyone loves it although I usually double the flavoring. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Temperature is EVERYTHING in candy making, be patient and let it get as hot as it needs to be. Keep those scraped down! You saved Old Fashioned Hard Candy to your. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Brake into bitesized pieces and toss with powdered sugar. In a medium saucepan, stir together the white sugar, corn syrup, and water. 1 teaspoon peppermint oil, or other flavored oil. this was my first attempt at making candy and i have to say it came out perfect! I find this is easier after the mixture has cooled just slightly, about 1 minute. I've made this recipe twice now and one time I thought I would make banana flavored candy with banana extract (have used this before in other recipes and is delish!). Over medium heat, stir just until the sugar is dissolved. If it's still a liquid, you either added too much water or you didn't reach the needed 300°F to reach a hard crack candy. Instead of flavored extract, I added a tbl of water to a packet of kool aide (cherry) and put that in. I’ll outline exactly how I do it so there is no guesswork for you. Store in an airtight container. Home made hard candy is a great gift idea! My first time making hard candy and it worked! The candies are stunning and our guests will absolutely love them! Uncover and cook on medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). 4. This is the best hard candy recipe I have found.Plus I love that you show a picture of the finshed product. Good luck! Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Do not lean over the pot when you add the oil!! If it's still a liquid, you either added too much water or you didn't reach the needed 300°F to reach a hard crack candy. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. The chef however (me) needs more practice. https://www.tasteofhome.com/.../recipes-for-homemade-christmas-candy An easy recipe for hard candy. 4. Great recipe thank you!I just made a bunch for Christmas baskets!I made several batches and made a stop at a bakery supply store to get some crazy flavor oils marshmallow pina colada anise watermelon banana and black raspberry....Yum! Remove from heat, and stir in the flavored oil and food coloring. Homemade hard candy isn't hard to make! 3. Let cool, and break into pieces. 5. Not even a hint of flavor no smell nothing!!! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition The key is kitchen organization and mealtime preparation and that is where I come in.