Our website services, content, and products are for informational purposes only. Am 64year old female and suffering from what I think ‘hot flashes’ as in mensopause. Fortunately, research has been completed in this area. Be careful with consuming the teas hot — especially if hot flashes are your biggest symptom — because they can increase the occurrence of hot flashes and night sweats. However, since flavonoids do address the underlying oxidative stress that is linked to depression, you should consider adding hibiscus tea into your routine. Green tea is great because it's got a little bit of caffeine in it, so if you have given up ordinary tea, and there's still craving that little bit of a caffeine hit, then green tea can work wonders. How to Go Through Menopause Naturally: 7 Steps To Start Using Today, How to Use Matcha Green Tea for Hormone Balance, Best Drinks for Hormone Balance: 6 Drinks and Recipes That Provide Relief, 6 Herbs That Balance Hormones (That You’re Probably Not Using), 7 Amazing Benefits and Uses of Sage Leaf For Menopause. The earnings are at no additional cost to you. Many forms of herbal tea have side effects that may put you at risk, especially if you don’t stay informed and follow medical guidance. Some teas are natural blood thinners, so speak with a doctor about your tea usage, especially before any elective surgery. A 2010 study also showed that red ginseng can help menopausal women increase sexual arousal and improve their sex lives. As for peppermint, it’s also anti-inflammatory and helps relieve menstrual cramps, improves digestion, boosts energy and cools the body (very handy for hot flashes) (source). And a healthy liver is essential for purifying the blood and eliminating compounds that interfere with hormone health. I find that it's a very warming tea. Many people consume this delicious beverage to obtain significant health benefits, but they are unaware of other Hibiscus Tea Side Effects.One of the most concerning is the Hibiscus Tea Estrogen impact. It can be taken in pill form, or more popularly, as a tea. This means that dandelion is great for supporting detoxification. The scientists gave hibiscus extract to male rats. Follow package instructions (or use approximately 1 teaspoon of tea per 1 cup of hot water) for each serving: Black cohosh root has been found to reduce vaginal dryness and hot flashes in menopausal women. So you would make it as you would make ordinary tea. I am having hot flushes, so pretty sure it is menopause. You can also get this organic hibiscus online from Frontier Co-Op, which specializes in bulk herbs (they’re available on Amazon). Gonna give this a try I’m on menopause n been with high blood pressure which I never had . So, today’s post is all about how you can use hibiscus to improve hot flashes, weight gain, high blood pressure and other menopause … We've also got nettle tea, and nettle is great because it's a natural antihistamine. For more details, read this post on how to get rid of PCOS naturally. Now, there are simply loads of herb teas available. In addition, spearmint tea is also anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory and high in disease-fighting antioxidants (source). Tongue-tie surgery is a small procedure that can help some babies with breastfeeding. And there you have it! Ultimately you become dependent on the pill, which has its own side effects. More research on this is needed. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. With this option, your doctor will prescribe you the hormones in the form of pills, patches, gels, or creams. Last medically reviewed on February 21, 2018, Black cohosh is well known for easing symptoms of menopause, but you may wonder whether it's safe. The thyroid and adrenals have an inverse relationship. Read on to learn more. Would hibiscus tea help? Chronic inflammation is particularly problematic during menopause because it can exacerbate the natural hormonal changes that are already occurring in your body. I decided to create this post dedicated to Hibiscus Tea Estrogen in order to inform our valuable HTH Community about this important topic. But they can also defeat the whole purpose of taking a pure herb tea. “Great product! It affects particularly my arms and from my thighs down to my feet.This is accompanied by raised bumps and severe itching. For women experiencing symptoms of osteoporosis, it can be a good option for improving bone strength. And this can lead to symptoms like depression. All I will say here is, if you're going to use herb teas, make sure that they contain the pure herb. And one of those risk factors is high blood pressure, which tends to go up during menopause (if we’re not prioritizing healthy diet and lifestyle). But, what’s important to note here is that the hibiscus plant contains natural compounds that do support a healthy weight. Last week, I spoke about Solidago tea. One of the best ways to eat more anti-inflammatory foods is to simply make a smoothie. As free radicals accumulate, the body starts to experience oxidative stress (and inflammation). It's one of the ones too, if you're getting a lot of breast tenderness or your breasts are getting really hard at certain times of the month, it can sometimes help to flush things out there too. As a tea, there is little risk in taking it. Now, it’s important to note that both studies used hibiscus extracts. Even though I’ve written about using hibiscus tea for menopause, you can actually enjoy the benefits of this powerful red tea during any phase of life! That means that compounds naturally found in the hibiscus plant activate estrogen receptors. And it has phytoestrogens in it. Both the flowers and roots seem to have anti-estrogen effects. If your local health food store sells spices/herbs in bulk, then you can find it there as well. I hope that you feel more informed about hibiscus tea and its impact on estrogen after reading this post. While traditional over-the-counter and prescription drugs can help with the discomfort, alternative treatments and herbal remedies can be a useful and effective alternative to medication. As well as night sweats, poor concentration, etc., my husband says that I smell strange - is this usual? NOTE: This post contains affiliate links and I earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) if you use them to make a purchase. People taking the supplement had higher liver enzymes at the start of the study. Emotional stress and chemical stress (from unhealthy ingredients in our diet) are two major things that throw the body off balance. So if you're getting a few digestive problems, then ginger may be of benefit. Having a diet and lifestyle plan that will help you come off the pill is the best way to cut that dependency (if you choose to) while also addressing the root cause. First, spearmint tea has been shown to lower androgen levels and hirsutism in women with PCOS. © 2005-2020 Healthline Media a Red Ventures Company. It found that it produced “no adverse effect on the male reproductive system.”. Again, some people don't like ginger but for me, it's very warming. Hello and welcome to my weekly video blog. Sign up to my free 7 day email plan! In those serious cases, treatment is needed to help clear up the infection. Estrogen is the primary female sex hormone. The thyroid also regulates your metabolism. This might interfere with hormone replacement therapy. The more clean foods you eat, and the more you work on leading a lifestyle that supports your hormones, the faster you can restore balance. increase the concentration of liver enzymes that detox drugs from the body. In addition, dandelion contains vitamin K which helps with blood clotting and can reduce heavy menstrual flow (source). Black Cohosh: Benefits, Dosage, Side Effects, and More, What to Do If Your Baby Shows Signs of Pink Eye, What to Know If You’re Told Your Baby Needs Tongue-Tie Surgery. Those with fair skin might become more sun sensitive after drinking this tea regularly. Enjoy a cup of valerian root tea at bedtime to help have a restful night. What I thought I would do was tell you about my five favourite herb teas and then go through a few more herb teas that might be helpful for some of the main symptoms of the menopause.