day. Your plan should cover several days and allow for varied work on each . To effectively practice scales on the guitar commit to play each scale for at least 10 minutes a day. I made this list because a lot of people ask about what to practice and this is my best shot at an answer. Spend around 10 minutes before each practice session combining the techniques below for your chosen scale (e.g. Right Hand Syllabus v.6-14-14; Picking Exercise Worksheet; Alternate Picking Exercises; Classical Guitar Right Hand Exercises; NeoClassical Picking Exercises; Mauro Guiliani 120 Right Hand Studies ; MODULE 2: Left Hand Exercises. a scale you're currently learning). Guitar Practice Routine Tips. An overview of how to use these guitar scales charts; Over 100,000 guitar-learners get our world-class guitar tips & tutorials sent straight to their inbox: Click here to join them. You should learn no more than two scales at a time. There are eleven steps you should follow to learn how to practice scales on the guitar. In case you missed the previous articles, you may want to check out: Day 1 - A 7 How to Practice Scales By Andrew Wasson. Stay focused with a guided set of scales and arpeggios that helps you structure your practice and learn the fingerboard. | Don’t click away just yet. By Steve Stine 31 October 2018. 1. In order to cycle through as many areas of scale practice as possible (and not get bored) it is important to have a plan. Practice; Technique; Repertoire; Sight Reading; Theory & Musicianship; Beginners; BOOKS; BLOG; PODCAST; ACADEMY; CONTACT; Log In; Daily Scales for Classical Guitar. PB Daily Practice Plan/Routine: Guitar_Daily_Practice_Routine -v6-30-15.pdf; Guitar Daily Practice Routine - web page with links ; MODULE 1: Right Hand Exercises. Welcome to Day 4 of my 7 Day Practice Routine for Guitarists! An Introduction To Guitar Scales. I am not saying to do all of these things in one practice session, rather, vary your sessions with different combinations of the list, which is in no particular order besides the first point: Play for fun and fun only. Some straightforward, essential practice techniques you can work into a simple, short daily routine to improve your dexterity, speed, strength and stamina. Guitar Scale Exercises Set #1 - Runs Scale runs are simply where you ascend up or descend down a scale pattern in repetitive, linear and staggered movements. Shares (Image credit: Cindy Moorhead) Steve Stine, highly sought-after guitar educator, teaches live group and private … Three Steps to Shred: Fundamental Daily Practice Techniques in About 15 Minutes. SCALES. Think of runs as playing a given scale in straight sequence (e.g. Let’s look at a typical 5-Day Practice Routine. Today we’re going to focus on something a little obvious. Scale 1: The Minor Pentatonic Scale . Learning how to play the guitar will take us down all sorts of different paths of knowledge. I’ll then also discuss how to practice these scales as well as some basic theory concepts that are useful to understand in relation to scales. Scales are tools that can dramatically improve your overall technique. The 6 Most Commonly Used Guitar Scales. Step #1). I know it can be a daunting and often boring part of your guitar practice routine.. but seriously… Scales need some love too and they can be super fun. A pentatonic scale is a scale that has 5 notes per octave. Make a 5-Day Practice Plan. 100% Secure. Practice each scale in one position of the guitar neck before moving on to more complex type of scales.