Cut small, 2oz. Cut the bacon into small cubes. Love that you turned the rolls into something much easier to prepare! Place in preheated oven (325F) for about 30 minutes or until browned. Nutritional information is not always accurate. What is your favor, Happy Holidays everyone! Add chicken stock and bay leaves and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes. Make it at home with these easy-to-follow copycat recipes. Chop the cabbage finely. Add one cup chicken broth and the bay leaves, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add a half tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to a large, non-stick pan over medium heat. section of pork tenderloin. This is GREAT! Looking for that last min, Food Over 50 had a fantastic visit this week with, Copyright 2020 Mojave Productions - All Rights Reserved. Heat a heavy-bottomed pan and fry the bacon until some of the fat has rendered about 2 minutes. I think I could easily change my husband from a cabbage hater to a cabbage lover with this recipe. Lightly drizzle olive oil on the the tomato sections. In a cooking rut? Pour 1/3 of the mixture into a large casserole dish. Online since 1995, CDKitchen has grown into a large collection of delicious recipes created by home cooks and professional chefs from around the world. I can buy just about anywhere here, but you should be able to find it online. Finish with a layer of cabbage and sauce on top. Fabulous, my dear! Please check your entries and try again. Except for parsley, it is probably the most commonly used herb in Romanian cuisine, especially in its dried form. Halve, core and thinly slice entire head of cabbage. SUPER SIMPLE KETO Everyone LOVED it even the kids. Reserve for casserole assembly. Garnish top with apple slices, then place in oven at 375 for 45 minutes until top of casserole is lightly browned and bubbly. Fry it gently in a little oil, stirring often, for about 10 minutes. Drain well and combine with the meat, 1 tablespoon tomato puree and 2 tablespoons of the sour cream. Would a 9 x 13 type baking dish be the right size? I served it over white rice. 1 medium cabbage (sliced in large strips). When reheating leftovers, spread them all over the baking dish, don’t leave one side of the dish empty (I mean the side from where you’ve already scooped out the food). Talking about casseroles, I have found a great resource website with all free casserole recipes. In a large mixing bowl add the ground pork, crushed pork rinds, diced onion, diced celery, egg, ground nutmeg, and salt and pepper. Cut enough leaves from the … There may be affiliate links within the post, see my, Snickerdoodle Recipe Without Cream of Tartar, Harlequin Cake Recipe – Romanian Layered Cake. One dish casseroles are so convenient on busy weeknights. Very hearty! A super simple recipe when compared to making stuffed cabbage rolls. Place all the ingredients in a casserole. Hello! Add a half tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to a large, non-stick pan over medium heat. Brown the ground pork and mince if not finely chopped. 200 g/ 7 oz smoked bacon, preferably in one piece, 2 teaspoons dried dill seeds (or some dried dill), 2 cans chopped tomatoes (400 g/ 14 oz each), about 1.2 kg/ 2.6 lbs cabbage (1 medium or ½ a larger one). Adjust the taste with salt and pepper. Puree the canned tomatoes. Combine the remaining tomato puree and sour cream. Amazing. I always make two huge pots, they taste even better after you have reheated them repeatedly and I spent ages rolling them and even longer cooking them. My husband LOVES stuffed cabbage rolls! Every Romanian knows what I am talking about and I could almost bet that any person out there who knows somebody from Romania personally has at least heard of sarmale. Have never seen it. It can be replaced with dried thyme, the flavor is rather different, but still very suitable for this ground pork and cabbage dish. Spoon over top of pork, sprinkle with bacon. In the meantime, chop the cabbage and start cooking it as well. Don't make Keto harder than it needs to be! Thanks, Nancy. If the bacon is not smoked, add some smoked paprika to replace that flavor. Add in the ground pork and cook for about 8 minutes, (or until fully cooked) reserve. Just dish up a healthy portion and enjoy! Add tomato sauce, tomato soup, canned tomatoes,tomato paste, dill, parsley and bay leaf. Learn my unique approach to keeping it simple with the Ketogenic Diet. About the serving, I would say 6 conservatives serving or 4 healthy servings. Adjust the taste. Add 1/2 of the cabbage, then another 1/3 of the sauce. Serve with crusty white bread or boiled potatoes and with a generous dollop of sour cream or smetana. In a bowl, mix the crushed tomatoes, tomato soup, sugar and all the spices. Easy ground pork recipes for dinner – how to make ground pork and potatoes casserole in 19 steps at home.. Easy ground pork recipe for dinner to cook a healthy casserole with simple and tasty ingredients like ground pork, boiled potatoes, and sour cream.. This recipe comes from my mom. Join our community of 201,250+ other members - browse for a recipe, submit your own, add a review, or upload a recipe photo. 12.5 g Cook cabbage and onion until softened in grease. Stuffed cabbage in casserole form..it looks not only comforting, also very healthy and delicious, Adina. Cut enough leaves from the head of cabbage to cover two layers of a casserole bowl; drop into boiling salted water for 2 minutes; drain. Bake for about 30-40 minutes until the rice is cooked and the casserole is nicely colored. Cover with foil, bake 30-45 minute until center is 160°F. You will find lots of Romanian and German recipes, but not only. Pour 1/3 of this mixture into a large baking dish. Thank you, Cheyanne. By registering to our newsletter, you confirm the usage of your email to receive recent posts from WhereIsMySpoon, @2018 - Where Is My Spoon. When reheating, cover the dish loosely with aluminum foil, so that it doesn’t get darker than it already is. Add the ground meat and the dried herbs and cook, breaking the lumps, until nicely browned. I’m going to check to see if I can find it online. Add a splash of water and use a lid when reheating. Hi Nancy, My baking dish that I use for this was 9 X 13 by 3 inch deep. This ground pork and cabbage casserole reminds me so much of my childhood. I grew up eating something very similar all the time This casserole recipe is easy and very inexpensive. Great! Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-40 until the rice is cooked through and the top of the casserole is deeply colored. slices from a 1 lb. The big one, 28oz, hope you enjoy this recipe! When butter foams, add all the sliced cabbage and saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Mince the onion and the pepper. Easy layered cabbage bake to cook a casserole with pork mince and rice as to enjoy a traditional Kaalilaatikko recipe just like in Finland. Spoon over top of pork, sprinkle with bacon. In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil. Privacy Policy, As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Remove from heat and mix in other unused ingredients. Add caraway & vinegar. dried oregano, 85% lean ground beef, onion powder, eggs, ground pork and 10 more Sweet and Sour Meatballs Yummly 85% lean ground beef, … Remove from heat and mix in other unused ingredients. . Spread the ground pork all over, cover with the rest of the cabbage and the rest of the sauce.