Press J to jump to the feed. The interesting things to see are how some individuals start out 'fit and natty' then hop on juice and become monstrously large within 1-2 years, or the opposite where one hops on juice and fake tits for a few years while claiming natty... then removes the fake tits and goes off the juice and makes a video confessing how they used to be on juice and "don't do hwat I did, kids!". But another part of bodybuilding that always gets lost is … A place away from /r/bodybuilding & /r/steroids to discuss whether the people you post are on some sort of juicy substance or not. However, if you aspire to be a full-blown professional bodybuilder, you will have to be almost immune to the negative effects of the drugs. Genetics, genes, and genomes r/ genetics. David laid is. The number 1 fear of my non bodybuilder friends... "I don't want to get bulky!" I'm pretty sure the human body is designed to have bias to store fat in at least one place (be it your back, stomach or even FACE); David Laid is trying to tell you he has that one in quadrillion10 genetics that his body is biased to store fat in NOWHERE SPECIFICALLY. Wow a genetic condition that literally gives you the juicy outward appearance peddled by muscle mags. 'great genetics' as it's imagined here is a mythical idea promulgated by the muscle mags. And he so happens likes to lift, post about his body and get you to view/buy his Youtube for ad revenue/sponsored brands directly or indirectly (e.g. If you have a decent structure and respond well to training and basic nutritional plans, you have good genetics for natural bodybuilding. a good way to tell is a person has good genetics or not (aside from lab testing) is to look at how tall they are, how wide there shoulders and hips are, how thin there ankles are, naturally large calves and traps and is very receptive to weight training. TLDR I do not believe David Laid has gifted genetics and how to identify actual good genetics from BS "good genetics". You're insane man. ** By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Here are 2 examples of bad bodybuilding genetics, example 1 and example 2. level 2. Even if i took all the gear in the world, played basketball everyday, I'm not going to be Lebron fucking james lol. I know this is going to be hard to accept, but none of you can assume genetics by an eyeball test lol. Back to her biceps: if you look at the rest of her arm (including forearm) in terms of size, they're not that big at all. doesn't have a 6 pack but still a very muscular abdomen, https://www.instagram.com/p/BdUoeQGHNsF/?taken-by=blondeyy101, removes the fake tits and goes off the juice, makes a video confessing how they used to be on juice. Well written and well put and your answer seems to be the most favorable in this thread. I wrote this as a response to a neutral-sounding reply in yesterday's "Here's why I think David Laid is on steroids" by /u/philion. Two guys the same age who have very similar diet, sleeping and training protocols and are both healthy may have some variation in test levels, but I doubt it would be enough to make a significant difference in muscular capacity, at least in regards to hypertrophy. Great genetics actually equals health, flexibility, strength, ability to reproduce and lead a cancer free life. So Laid isn't natty ? The general observation is like what you get told often on this sub: if they're trying to sell you something, they probably don't hesitate to do that by any means (including hopping on juice and claiming natty). Although they’re not a concrete outline of every individual, many of us fall into one category. You have charisma, you are not on this board, because you garner attention everywhere you go and your life is full of people saying yes to you and telling you how great you are. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. For years, I've been following various fit individuals (over 100 of them so I've got a good sample size) on social media, both male and female, many are juiced. But really its about insertions and muscle bellies more than anything. So, how can you know if you have good genetics for bodybuilding? I was just wondering about the topic, this is also my first post as I have been lurking and reading for a while. To conclude, you win some and lose some in genetics and that's how you identify actual 'good genetics' and weed out someone trying to pull a fast one on you. that of his friends, he hangs out with GymShark people a lot). You can't assume someones genetics off anything except direct athletic competition against them, or training with them for an extended time. Every genetic outlier isn't. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. We also answer the tough fitness questions that other subs don't, can't or won't. a good way to tell is a person has good genetics or not (aside from lab testing) is to look at how tall they are, how wide there shoulders and hips are, how thin there ankles are, naturally large calves and traps and is very receptive to weight training. The problem is the latter group tends not to post any/many pictures of themselves (especially beach photos/barely wearing any clothes), making it difficult to establish a baseline of 'what's actually natty with good genetics'. There are people with low testosterone or relatively rare disorders, but I think most people have fairly similar capacities to build strength and muscle mass but mess up when it comes to utilizing proper training methodologies. This isn't some bullshit about cancer free genetics, some people will get cancer, some won't. Excellently put. Comment deleted by user 3 years ago. How do you know?What are the factors and arguments that lead to someone saying he has good genetics? card … Over time, the bloodline selected for appearance becomes less and less robust. The testosterone part is especially true for young men. Rising. When it comes to genetics in bodybuilding, some are obviously more desirable than others. And for the record, the guys you named (Jeff Seid, Zyzz and Jon Skywalker) do NOT have elite genetics in my opinion. I agree. Only the biceps stand out, so she really might have good muscle insertions (genetics). People throw the word "genetics" around a lot more liberally than they should, but I consider "good genetics" to pertain more-so to the person's insertions and muscle bellies than to their capacity to build muscle (which, if hindered, is likely due to something other than genetics imo - "genetics" is just a GREAT excuse for people to use because it absolves them of any responsibility since it's something they can't control). Genetics aren't mythical and everyone isn't on steroids. Log In Sign Up. Signature: http://www.youtube.com/user/DoYouEvenGym, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the bodybuilding community. It’s really simple. Good genetics for bodybuilding is a multitude of factors, big bone structure, skeleton proportions, good muscle insertions and full muscle bellies to name a few. Hits 1 mil and you realize they never seem to have done much over the years (e.g. I actually lost 40 pounds and 15% BF(Down from 34% to 19%) in 6 weeks.I plan on hitting 10% BF 2 weeks from now. We all know being able to put on mass with ease is good genetics. News, articles, personal pictures, videos & advice on everything related to bodybuilding - nutrition, supplementation, training, contest preparation, and more. Of course it's also worth remembering that all the good genetic pre-dispositions on earth are meaningless if you sit on the couch eating ice cream all day all your life. Laid is a hard nut to crack. Hot New Top. Genetics: The good, the bad, and the scrawny. All of you's that are questining his natural status as of recently are ALL DELUSIONAL. Other people will work two may e three years to achieve the same results. Cookies help us deliver our Services. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myostatin-related_muscle_hypertrophy. long bellies and short tendons have a greater potential for achieving muscular size than those who have short bellies and long tendons.The dramatic impact of muscle-to-tendon ratios can be seen in the photograph of two individuals who are contracting their calves Why not make a throwaway, upload a pic of yourself and see if people think you are **natty or on juice. Figure out what you can control, work on that. You can see evidence she does work out her legs in the flexed photos (see: thighs) but they're not hugely defined at all. Don't let genetics keep you from working your ass off though. TLDR I do not believe David Laid has gifted genetics and how to identify actual good genetics from BS "good genetics".