A yellow vase and a teal blue magazine adorn a foam side table from Gustaf Westman. Westman, 26, has been making art "for a long time" but only started selling his pieces two years ago. Our Thanksgiving planning guide is here to save your holiday! ", While Spanos says that some of the foam furniture pieces she's seen look very avant-garde, others evoke the most tragic of Pinterest fails. And I actually have a vase that I did too," Stockholm-based designer Gustaf Westman told TMRW via email. Love it or hate it, this fluffy accessory style is everywhere right now. "You can pick up the spray foam at any local hardware store," she says. It was amazing.". Depending on how it's applied, the foam can create a fluffy, billowing effect reminiscent of seafoam or a craggy, popcorn-like texture. In the interior design world, the coating has most commonly been used to create a foam frame around mirrors, which are often tagged as #cloudmirror or #popcornmirror on Instagram and TikTok. "I also think people are paying more attention to their homes than probably ever before, so a lot of people are realizing that interior design is super important," she says. "However, the pieces still crack and flake pretty easily, so there's not really a whole lot of longevity to a spray foam furnishing unless you were to seal the piece with a stronger material. So i just thought if I could upcycle it in any way and that's when I tried the foam. "It's important to remember that adopting a trend like this successfully is highly dependent upon the artistic ability of the DIYer holding that can of foam," Spanos says. We asked a few of our designer friends to share the pros and cons of the spray foam furniture craze, and here's what they had to say. Depending on what's growing in your garden, there's a lot you can do to get your ornamental plants ready for the colder months. Since the foam furniture trend entails coating furnishings, mirrors, and accessories in spray foam insulation, Emily Spanos of Emily June Designs says it's both fun and an inexpensive DIY. "I'm a firm believer that any fresh and unique process someone can create at home with a limited number of tools is going to gain traction. There's a new home decor trend in town and it has the design world abuzz. "I had a small wood shelf (at) home that I didn't have any use for. Thanksgiving Countdown: A Stress-Free Guide to Hosting for the First Time, 23 of Our Test Kitchen's Best Cookie Recipes of All Time, Conquer Holiday Cooking with This Meat Roasting Guide, The CDC Just Updated Its Thanksgiving Safety Guidelines—Here's What You Need To Know, 5 Simple Ways to Prepare Your Garden for Winter, 21 Essential Baking Tools Every Home Cook Needs (Plus 16 That Are Nice to Have), 9 Ways to Decorate Your Front Door for the Holidays, What Style Is Your House? ", On one of Westman's Instagram photos of a foam-covered sideboard, reactions have been mostly positive. Not sure what to make of the season's most divisive decor trend? These unprecedented times have given rise to some unexpected trend resurgences (hello, cloud bread and laundry stripping) that, if not for the pandemic, we might never have tried. If you make a mistake, you can remove the foam with acetone before it cures. See which names were most popular this year! While covering a piece of furniture in spray foam might be an inexpensive project, our designers say it's not necessarily an easy one. Homemade cookies are always a welcome treat. Leave the spray foam in its natural neutral color, or update your creation with a coat of spray paint. Spraying foam on furniture has quickly become a DIY project for many in quarantine. These tips will help you make time for self-care for a mental health boost every day. Follow these step-by-step instructions for creating a customized whole-home cleaning schedule. Grab a glass of milk because we're about to dunk peanut butter cookies, oatmeal-raisin cookies, snickerdoodle cookies, and many more of our all-time favorite cookie recipes. Whether it's a tried-and-true 1940s BH&G cookie recipe or a unique twist on sugar cookies, our Test Kitchen's compiled a lot of favorite cookie recipes over the years.