Romain lettuce was chopped too small to spear with a fork and the chicken was just a handful of small (1/2”) pieces of meat. Ciabatta is wonderful, sour dough is good. Mercato connects you to the best artisans, purveyors and merchants in your community, making it easier, faster and more convenient than ever to get the best food - delivered. The Best Pizza for First-Time Bakers: Foolproof Pan Pizza; The Extra-Indulgent Pizza: Detroit-Style Pan Pizza; The Essential Tools. 5. Does this restaurant offer table service? Cookie Scoops We all feel good and satisfied. Sometimes my order does not come out according to my request at the counter. Salads and sandwiches make up most of the lunch fare. I find it impossible to not smile with interacting with them. For example, the last time I ordered a BLT, I asked for only one strip of bacon. And the room is packed with customers, resulting in competition for seats and a high noise level. The little one ate a blueberry muffin and a croissant which I sampled. serve. You become the Baker when you roll out this organic dough ball into a pizza crust of your perfect size. This Essential Bakery is about one block up from the Burke-Gilman Trail, so would make a good stop for a break when cycling or walking. - See 73 traveler reviews, 19 candid photos, and great deals for Seattle, WA, at Tripadvisor. Original Starter: Essential Baking Company’s starter is the signature ingredient in all of our artisan breads, and it dates back to the Gold Rush era. For example, the last time I ordered a BLT, I asked for only one strip of bacon. just the bottom line.We strive to make a positive impact in the communities we Silicone Baking Mats. Great sandwiches, as well as desserts. It was a perfect complement to an hour spent at the nearby transfer station. That said, this is a lovely bakery with a cheery, efficient staff. This Essential Bakery is about one block up from the Burke-Gilman Trail, so would make a good stop for a break when cycling or walking. It appeared to be normal size until I had...it in hand and saw how thick it was. The large, brightly lit room holds many standard tables and a big communal one -- all with light-colored wood. We're committed to social & environmental responsibility. For example, adding grapes, nuts or raisins to the tuna would offer a pleasing taste and consistency to supplement the usual lettuce and tomato. I ordered my cup of coffee and took my time selecting a pastry without feeling a need to rush through the process because of a long line behind. The best baked bread in town, crusty and robust.Ciabatta is wonderful, sour dough is good. The Essential Baking Company Bakery & Cafe, Ask Chris H about The Essential Baking Company Bakery & Cafe, Ask tnnick123 about The Essential Baking Company Bakery & Cafe, Ask Rumples about The Essential Baking Company Bakery & Cafe, Ask SteveSzi about The Essential Baking Company Bakery & Cafe, Ask Elizabeth P about The Essential Baking Company Bakery & Cafe, Hotels near Fairview & Campus Drive Station, Hotels near Divers Institute of Technology, Hotels near Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Restaurants near The Essential Baking Company Bakery & Cafe, Sushi Restaurants for Families in Seattle, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Seattle, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Seattle, American Restaurants for Large Groups in Pike Place Market. Satisfaction guaranteed! Neither the whole tuna that I got for my husband nor the half turkey and cheese for me stood out in any way. I find it impossible to not smile with interacting with them. Really good service too. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. I really like the bakery goods and breads produced by Essential, but the Caesar salad with grilled chicken was average. The Essential Baking Company Bakery & Cafe: Awesome bakery in Seattle! I am partial to the delicious scones here and chose one made with blueberries. For example, the last time I ordered a BLT, I asked for only one strip of bacon. The light, nicely illuminated interior always welcomes. The upbeat, efficient staff also add to the pleasant atmosphere. It was a perfect place cause it is casual and my 9 month old granddaughtercould be her happy self, squeals and all. The rich, strong coffee went well with the scone, which was not overwhelming in size and not too sweet. It had plenty of blueberries and I was tempted to order another one. That said, this is a lovely bakery with a cheery, efficient staff. * Estimated item price. The best baked bread in town, crusty and robust. All Rights Reserved. Excellent sandwiches and cookies in a casual setting near Lake Union. They are responsible for busing their utensils, etc.