I'll make again. Grocery bags filled with gorgeous eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, oranges, local honey, etc. Serve hot. On an oiled baking pan, bake the eggplant rounds for about 15-20 minutes until they are brown around the edges. If it’s not food for myself, it’s food for clients or food for a blog post. Serve hot. I top with a round of cheese and bake in the oven. I drizzled some of my best extra-virgin olive oil on top of each serving as I plated. Click here for this Eggplant Pesto Mozzarella […], Your email address will not be published. Spread approximately 1/2-3/4 tablespoon of pesto on top of the mozzarella, and repeat once. Lay eggplant slices on a parchment lined sheet pan and brush with canola oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. You just throw the ingredients in a pot, cook for around 20 minutes and bam you’ve got yourself a crowd pleaser. First make the pesto in a food processor. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Add in the walnuts, basil and garlic first and pulse until mixed. Your email address will not be published. ... Linguini Pesto Alla Genovese Chef Daniel Holzman. Cranberries tend to […], Roasted Sweet and Russet Potato Recipe I love potatoes, no seriously I really do. It sound like it *could* be good, but I need more instruction. Top each with ¼ cup marinara, three slices mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon. Your email address will not be published. Top with the remaining cheese. receipe sounds good, but there are no baking & broiling directions. Cook tomatoes in boiling water for 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer into a medium bowl and stir cheese in by hand. I was a girl on a mission. Rinse slices well and pat dry with paper towels. Working in batches, add eggplant to oil and sauté until light brown, turning once and adding up to 2 tablespoons more oil as necessary, about 1 minute per side. Then add in the parmesan cheese and some salt and pepper and pulse again. When they are ready, remove from the oven and let cool. This made me rather pleased because I knew there was good food in my future. They are super easy to make and I probably make them a few times a week if I get in the mood. Stir in pesto and tomato paste and remove from the heat. Cut into slices. Where are the directions? Top with 1/4 of tomato mixture, 3 slices mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons pesto, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Top with another slice of eggplant, then mozzarella and return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Caprese eggplant stacks are irresistible. Repeat layering of remaining ingredients in 3 gratin dishes. Your email address will not be published. Cut into slices. Wash the beets and boil for 15-20 minutes until you can insert a fork. Place four slices of eggplant on baking sheet. Required fields are marked *, copyright © 2020  Pook's Pantry | Handcrafted with. totally lacking in directions: including whether to brown the eggplant, or if the mozzarella called for is fresh and what temperature to bake and for how long. I feel I can do it, but there are those that might not have the expertise or just plain chutzpah to tackle it. Seriously. (3) Add small amount of salt to cooked tomato mixture. Top with another slice of eggplant, then mozzarella and return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Wash the beets and boil for 15-20 minutes until you can insert a fork. Prepare marinara sauce, if needed. I cut back on the mozzarella and made up the difference with bechamel. I’ve started a new group on Facebook called Fabulous Foodie Friends. This is like a vegetarian lasagna. Produce overload! The Best Homemade Cranberry Sauce I have been making this homemade cranberry sauce for years and it really does not disappoint. It’s a hit with vegetarians and meat eaters alike! On a plate, layer one fried eggplant, one roasted tomato, and one slice of mozzarella. Spread 1/3 of the sauce on the eggplant and top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture. © 2020 Journal Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Top with 1/4 of tomato mixture, 3 slices mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons pesto, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. !. Farm Flavor profiles America's hardworking farmers and ranchers who produce our food, fuel and fiber, connecting consumers to the country's vital agriculture industry. I’m going to announce some new and exciting things coming soon!!! This makes a terrific meatless main course. I found the carrot to be extraneous, except perhaps to add a little sweetness. I used a store bought pesto sauce which was easy and tasty. I think about food every moment I’m awake. Beat the egg with 1 teaspoon water on a second plate. I did like this recipe though I made some modifications to it. Then add in the parmesan cheese and some salt and pepper and pulse again. I have a passion for cooking healthy recipes and for sharing ideas about great things I find for my family and friends. When they are ready, remove from the oven and let cool. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Top with remaining eggplant slices. (Gratins d'Aubergine, Mozzarella et Pistou). First make the pesto in a food processor. Filed Under: Vegetarian Tagged With: caprese, cheese, cooking, dinner, dinner ideas, easy recipe, Eggplant, Food, gluten free, healthy, make ahead meals, menu, mozzarella, recipes, Vegetable, vegetarian, weeknight cooking, weeknight dinner, Your email address will not be published. Place 4 individual gratin dishes (about 7x4 3/4 inches) on rimmed baking sheet. To Make the Pesto Hmm, there's something missing...LIKE DIRECTIONS. Put those eggplants to use with our breadcrumb-crusted, pesto-laden take on the classic eggplant Parmesan. Arrange the arugula base on a dish and then arrange in this order: beet slice, eggplant slice, pesto and mozzarella. Drain on paper towels. Eggplant (1, large) Beets (2, large) Pesto (1/3 cup) Mozzarella Slices Arugula. PRO. Wipe off the salt and then grill each slice on both sides on a grill pan. Next, top each slice off eggplant with some of the pest and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. It’s a fun place for us to share ideas and our creations in a positive and supportive environment.