Goulet Pens gift cards are available for $5 to $500. Manufacturing ink since 1864, Diamine Inks relocated in 1925 and settled in Liverpool where they successfully carried on using traditional methods and formulas to create and produce ink. Ink Review #567: Diamine Maureen There have been a ton of super sheeny inks lately, and Diamine recently released Maureen, which they call an “Iridescink.” I purchased my bottle of ink from Cult Pens. Hi, I’m Kelli, and I’m the brain behind Mountain of Ink. These inks do really well in Pilot Parallel calligraphy pens and they're super easy to clean so they're a match made in heaven in my books. Trust me, you do not want these inks to leak. Calligraphy passion looks great in wide stub nibs, like when you're practicing broad edge scripts. I find shading and sheen to be interesting, and use them more than inks that don't have special properties. Alternately, you can become a Patron and pledge your support regularly. Diamine's Christmas Inkvent Blue Edition is a gorgeous collection containing 25 fountain pen inks. Different inks have different properties, including: sheen, shimmer, shading, etc, which is part of what makes inks so fascinating. Brian Goulet, from Goulet Pens talks about his favorite sheening inks. Drying times are long and if you have a super wet ink application, you still might get smudging in the saturated sheening spots. These inks look wild on the page. All donations will go towards this blog! £ 0.00 Total. What inks would you add to this list? Five of these exclusives were made for the German market and I was lucky to get bottles from Papier & Stift - so a big thank you to Anja for sending these to me! I consider these inks to have a tiny bit of sheen. Sheen vs Shimmer (and some good sheeners). With dozens of colours in its range, Diamine inks are … It has a red sheen, and gold shimmer. They sheen so easily that you don't even have to go hunting for the perfect combination of nib and paper to see it. (excludes Montblanc, Akkerman inks, discounted products), Montblanc Ladies Edition Pearl Pink Marilyn Monroe, Pelikan Souverän M1000 Raden Fountain Pens. Diamine Inks have been a mainstay of fountain pen addicts since manufacture started in 1864. Delicious. Montblanc Elixir Calligraphy Inks - Black & Yellow... Oddly Satisfying Handwriting Sailor King Eagle Fou... Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License, Baltimore Washington International Pen Show, Review: Moleskine Indigo Special Edition A4 Notebook, Two Tines, Three Tines: A Symphony of Music Nibs, Review: Kaweco Liliput Al Fountain Pen - Medium, Review: Noodler's Neponset Fountain Pen - Music Nib, Comparison: Micro Tips Pilot Hi-Tec C vs. Uni-Ball Signo DX, Review: Pelikan M1005 Demonstrator Fountain Pen - Fine, Pilot Vanishing Point 2015 Limited Edition Color @PilotPenUSA, @FountainPenDay GIVEAWAY @GourmetPens @SBREBrown @MarlenItalia @Montblanc_US @Montblanc_World, Review: Pilot G2 0.7 mm Retractable Gel Ink Pen Navy Blue, Review: @TWSBI Diamond 580 Clear Fountain Pen - 1.5mm Stub, Handwriting with the Esterbrook Estie Journaler Nib, Handwriting with a TWSBI Diamond 580 Rose Gold II Fountain Pen with an Extra-Fine Nib, Sailor Pro Gear Cocktail Kure Azur Fountain Pen, Sailor Pro Gear Slim British Racing Green Nice Chonky Nib Fountain Pen. Blackstone sheening inks like Barrier Reef, Sydney Harbor Blue, and Cypress (this is a scented ink) are my favorite sheening inks because they will dry much better than (and doesn’t smear) like Organics Studio’s monster sheening inks.. but don’t get me wrong. I get more requests for reviews of sheening inks than anything else, so today we are going to take a look at Diamine Christine. Oddly Satisfying Writing with a Vintage Music Nib ... Montblanc Great Characters Walt Disney Fountain Pen. Inks that sheen a different color on the page. They’re kind of unconventional and might not be for everyone. I used a Lamy Safari Petrol with a medium nib on Tomoe River paper. Gift Card. This ink is exclusive to Cult Pens’ Iridescink line. Organics Studio’s Nitrogen, Walden Pond, and Twilight are part of my permanent collection. Notable individuals to have used Diamine ink include presidents Obama and Medvedev when signing 2010's nuclear arms treaty. I would recommend wiping all the threads down with a wet paper towel before you close the bottle. If they splatter on your sink, they take a heck of a lot of work to clean up properly. Disclaimer: All photos and opinions are my own. Do you have a favorite sheening ink? Inks that show sheen when used for writing fall into the other four categories: low (shows sheen in 1-2 nib sizes), medium (3-4 nib sizes), high (5+ nib sizes), and monster. They're also really spectacular and make handwriting and lettering pop off the page. Writing with a Franklin-Christoph Fountain Pen Music Nib! I think any day that doesn’t involve learning and playing with ink is a day wasted. An example: On the left is Diamine Golden Sands, which is a dark yellow ink with gold shimmer. With finer, wet writers, the base color is harder to see and you mostly get sheen. Diamine German Exclusive Sheening Inks In addition to their massive range of inks, Diamine also collaborates with stores all over the world to create exclusive colors. This Seasons Greetings sheening ink is as green as a forest full of Christmas trees and it has a black and dark green sheen. Otherwise, if the sheen builds up, it can prevent the bottle from sealing and you can get leakage. Search. So far I haven't had much experience with shimmering inks, so I'll talk about them after I have had more time to experiment with shimmer. Works best with broader nibs on high quality paper to really see the shine. You can find me @mountainofink on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Given the quality of the ink, it is suitable for use in all brands of pen, both modern and vintage. They're a lot of work. Initially launched as part of the 2019 Diamine InkVent calendar and now a part of the regular Diamine Blue Edition collection, this pink-sheening blue fountain pen ink features added blue shimmer.