As soon as rumors spread that the beloved menu item was getting the ax, a Change.org petition was created begging Taco Bell to “Save the Mexican Pizza.” And despite a … To learn more about the petition, click here. "Currently, Mexican Pizza packaging accounts for over 7 million pounds of paperboard material per year in the U.S.," the company announced in a press release. It’s “a delicious love child of Mexican and Italian cuisine. We’ve enjoyed seeing fans and influencers share their fondest Mexican Pizza memories on social, and this past week, we gave it the sendoff it deserves with a tribute on Instagram. Food and Wine presents a new network of food pros delivering the most cookable recipes and delicious ideas online. You literally took everything that I order off of the menu. The petition was created by Krish Jagirdar, of East Brunswick, New Jersey, nearly a month ago on Change.org. Maybe Taco Bell will have a change of heart. It’s “a delicious love child of Mexican and Italian cuisine. An online petition to save the beloved Mexican Pizza from leaving the Taco Bell menu is trending on social media and it’s gaining more followers by … Jagirdar says anyone that wants to join his cause in saving the pizza is urged to do the following: The petition aims to gain 150,000 supporters for its cause. While we wait to see if Taco Bell has a change of heart, customers are counting down the days until the dreaded Nov. 5. scary reminder: there are only 24 days left until @tacobell gets rid of the Mexican pizza & all desi customers. Started by Krish Jagirdar on Change.org, the "Save The Mexican Pizza" petition has over 65,000 signatures to date. But many of those fans were not prepared to watch it go in silence. Last month, when Taco Bell announced another—and supposedly “final”—cut to its menu to help streamline operations, the forthcoming loss of the chain’s Mexican Pizza was the headline-grabbing item. Who else feels betrayed by @tacobell discontinuing #mexicanpizza ? Buy as many Mexican Pizzas as possible to drive their numbers, Share the petition to as many people as possible, An online petition to save the beloved Mexican Pizza. All Rights Reserved. Article continues below advertisement. If you’ve been to Taco Bell over the past few months, you probably noticed a few changes to the menu. As soon as rumors spread that the beloved menu item was getting the ax, a Change.org petition was created begging Taco Bell to “Save the Mexican Pizza.” And despite a slightly slow start that took nearly a month to get from 50,000 to 75,000 supporters, the number of signatures has suddenly exploded: Over the past four days, another 25,000 supporters have jumped on board, pushing the petition past 100,000. Taco Bell's Mexican pizza isn't leaving anytime soon if its fans have anything to say about it. Taco Bell is getting rid of Mexican Pizza on November 5 and fans are fed up. Taco Bell has a fight on its hands with fans across the country uniting to sign a petition to save the iconic Mexican Pizza many grew up with. Taco Bell claims that the Mexican Pizza packaging “accounts for over 7 million pounds of paperboard material per year in the U.S.”. My Go-To Taco Bell order depends on it. I know one day I’m going to arrive at Taco Bell and the Mexican pizza is 100% gone. Krish Jagirdar started this petition to Taco Bell. Please sign this petition. I’m lost. Roughly110,000 people have already signed, and there are only 40,000 signatures to go. Brands and Taco Bell have heard us, but we need to keep going,” Krish Jagirdar, who created the petition, wrote on Friday after eclipsing the 80,000 mark. I ask you from the bottom of my heart. Lee, Son dies after murdering father, stabbing mother on Thanksgiving Day, Two killed in Clarksville shooting on Thanksgiving Day. A Change.org petition to keep the unique item on the menu has crossed a major milestone, but can it make a difference? The petition was created by Krish Jagirdar, of East Brunswick, New Jersey, nearly a month ago on Change.org. KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - More than 80,000 people have signed a petition to save Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza after the fast food chain announced the popular menu item along with several other would be discontinued in early November. Food & Wine is part of the Meredith Corporation Allrecipes Food Group. Jagirdar says anyone that wants to join his cause in saving the pizza is urged to do the following: The petition aims to gain 150,000 supporters for its cause. There are petitions to save the Mexican pizza, as well as a trending hashtag, #SaveTheMexicanPizza, that has fans uniting to plea for the survival of the iconic fast-food staple.