House smells wonderful!!!! Chicken breasts are leaner, but also don’t pack quite the same amount of flavor as thighs. We love seeing what you’ve made! Easy to make in advance. I read the previous reviews and found the amount of sodium a barrier to making this recipe. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. For years I have used a recipe that called for zesty Italian dressing. ), so by keeping the seasoning on this slow cooker shredded chicken basic, you can use it in a multitude of ways. That’s so awesome!! 597 calories; protein 24.1g 48% DV; carbohydrates 114.1g 37% DV; fat 3.6g 6% DV; cholesterol 64.6mg 22% DV; sodium 3465.7mg 139% DV. I know it can be tempting to leave the chicken in for a long time as you would think it would end up more tender, but that’s not always the case. Sometimes getting back to the basics is the easiest and most delicious option! What’s the best chicken for crockpot bbq chicken? It is so easy, juicy and delicious!! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. But I needed a recipe with less fat. Perfect for any party, potluck, or picnic! Info. I went against my better judgement and used boneless, skinless chicken breast as the recipe called for. Delicious. I will be making it again” – Shannon Darby. In a bowl, whisk together the BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, onion powder, and garlic powder. I am currenly making right now! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Delicious!! Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts, covering them fully. Let the BBQ sauce do the work, then remove and season what you need seasoned. Salt taste over powering. Used 5 breasts, cooked on high 4 hrs, did not drain liquid, doubled spices. I found this one but wasn’t sure if my family would like it. Can’t wait for dinner! “This chicken is a game changer. You saved Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Breast to your. Succulent chicken covered in an addictive BBQ sauce, then shredded. Chicken breasts  are great because they always turn out incredibly moist and it’s easy to add flavor. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. A real crowd pleaser with little effort – win win! Plus it’s great for meal prep, just put everything in the slow cooker sit back and wait. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts, covering them fully, then cook the chicken … But we all liked it better than the recipe I had used for years. Keep the seasoning simple. Once fully cooked, shred your chicken breast right in the slow cooker with 2 forks in the liquid! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Cook the chicken on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours. Learn how your comment data is processed. I loved how quick and easy it to make. Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. When cooking 4 chicken breasts like this recipe calls for, I love using my 2.5 quart crockpot — it’s the perfect size and heats up quickly. Super easy. Great for burgers, burritos tacos, on rice and more. Would be great to make for a crowd. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Learn how your comment data is processed. I added the rest of the ingredients and cooked for another hour. If you are wanting to go straight to the recipe at the top of the post just click the button that says “Recipe ↓” and it will take you to the recipe without scrolling through the ads. Most seaonings work best and do not lose flavor when added at the end of cooking. And leftoversfor another day/recipe. Give the chicken a good stir to coat it in the sauce. Your email address will not be published. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. (like adding over a baked potato.). and more moisture. Great on a bun! Amount is based on available nutrient data. How To Make Crockpot BBQ Chicken – Step by Step. The chicken was very dry and I only cooked the breasts for 3 hours as opposed to 6 hours as stated in the recipe. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Yum! Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe (The Best! Perfect for any party, potluck, or picnic! A super easy recipe for barbecue chicken. I’d love to hear from you in the comments below! Succulent chicken covered in an addictive BBQ sauce, then shredded. 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce, divided, Back to Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Breast. You don’t want to end up with a week’s worth of single-purpose chicken (unless you do, I guess! So easy and delicious! Sprinkle chicken with brown sugar-spice mixture. I drained out the liquid from the pot, added 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste to it and used that as a substitute for the rest of the bbq sauce. ), Spatchcock Chicken Recipe with Garlic and Herbs, Poached Chicken Recipe – How to Poach Chicken. Now check your email to confirm your subscription. Shredded and put back in for 20 minutes. It turned out great! Have you tried this Crockpot BBQ Pulled Chicken recipe? I added 1/4 cup Sweet Baby Rays and the apple cider vinegar. This way, you can keep from having that once and done, single purpose meal. Tag us on social media at. You can also serve four people with this recipe, just add two more breasts and a second bottle of barbecue sauce. Tried recipe with skinless, bone in chicken thighs because I was out of chicken breasts. I’m glad you all loved it! I will be making it again, I agree with the seasoning tip. Way too much sodium. Place in slow cooker and pour 1/4 cup barbecue sauce and vinegar on top. You really want to be sure you hit the sweet spot between “just enough” and “dry and unappetizing”. You can use one or the other or a combination. We are all about Easy Chicken Recipes! All of those options sound super yummy! Congrats! Don’t overcook. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts, covering them fully, then cook the chicken on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours. I am sorry, Erica. Shred the chicken directly in the slow cooker or remove to shred and return to the sauce. Read our. Required fields are marked *. !” – Lisa Hasselback, “I loved how quick and easy it to make. Know your slow cooker. You can also eat pulled chicken in a meal prep bowl, in a wrap, or as a taco. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Great for burgers, burritos tacos, on rice and more. Pour out all the liquid from the slow cooker and add remaining barbecue sauce. Chicken thighs will have a little more fat (flavor!) Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Cook on Low, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 3 more hours. Once your shredded chicken is completely cooled, you can put it in ziplock bags or airtight containers in 1 or 2 cup portions (depending on how much you think you’ll use at a time), and store in the freezer. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I wanted to use bone-in chicken but in order to fairly rate this recipe I followed as written. Thank you for this amazing recipe. Followed the recipe exactly as written except for the cooking instructions.. If it’s stored properly, the chicken will maintain good quality for about 4 months. Meals anyone can make and everyone will love.