Cook together for 1 minute so chickpeas are coated in flavor. Prepare couscous according to package directions. In a medium pot on medium heat, saute diced onion in olive oil for 3 minutes. Made in one pan, Moroccan stew with butternut squash and chickpeas is flavorful, filling, and easy to make. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Give the sauce a good stir from time to time. Whether you always eat vegetarian, or enjoy a meatless meal occasionally, these recipes will satisfy. Hope that helps! This easy moroccan chickpea stew is one of our favorite go-to dinners! I’d like to receive new recipe emails and a link to your free e-book. Oh I’m so glad to hear it! Nourishing Black Beans & Sweet Potato Bowl, Loaded Veggie Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze & Pomegranate. Moroccan Chickpea Stew: The Details. Made this as a meal prep! Ania, Great recipe full of flavourful North African spices, Thanks, Coco! My family loved it. Before you serve Moroccan stew, add a squeeze of fresh orange juice, and check the seasonings. Add the sweet potato, fennel, spices, and stock. You won’t need special equipment for this easy stew, just a nice big heavy pot or Dutch oven. chickpeas, easy, gluten-free, healthy, Middle East-inspired go to recipe. Your email address will not be published. Did you make this recipe? Wine is not just a meat eater's drink anymore. This Moroccan chickpea stew is in our regular dinner recipe rotation. This Moroccan stew with squash and chickpeas will satisfy vegetarians and vegans and most meat lovers will enjoy it as well. As for the Polish dishes I mentioned, don’t despair. Required fields are marked *. The fennel, as I just noted, is the thing. Made this today. Ania. I made the vegetarian version, and left out the kale, orange juice, and added one 10 ounce jar of green olives to the recipe. Option: Stir in cooked chicken, beef, lamb, or sausage. Sadly, you can’t just “make” preserved lemons on the spot., It takes some salt, and some bacteria, and some time. This is such an easy and tasty recipe!! I love good food but I love animals more! Make sure you move them around the pan frequently as they burn easily. It’s such a great meatless dinner. Diced tomatoes: I love using fire roasted tomatoes because of the added depth of flavor they bring. Make sure to remove the tough stems first. Suggested Regions: Northern Rhône, France or Chile, Suggested regions: California for oaked wine or Chablis, France for unoaked versions, 1 tablespoon Ras el Hanout (Moroccan spice) or garam masala, 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained, 8 – 10 ounces of kale, roughly chopped with major stems removed, 1/2 cup unsalted roasted almonds, roughly chopped. It’s loaded with everything that’s good for you! Yay! ★☆. Thank you so much for this awesome meal! Ania, This recipe has been written by Ania. chickpeas, rinsed and drained (1 ½ cups), 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice, Fresh chopped cilantro and plain Greek yogurt, for serving. This chickpea stew is definitely going in my “must make asap” folder. Loaded Lentil Salad I hope that’s one of the recipes you will offer in the future. The chickpeas in this dish soak up the delicious aromatic spices which gives them a delicious flavour. Got Pinterest? Enjoy as a meatless weeknight meal or as a healthy meal prep recipe! It’s easy to add salt if necessary but really hard to get it out if your dish turns out too salty. A full flavoured hearty Moroccan Chickpea Stew. I assume that you drain the garbanzo beans before adding the can? I love the warm flavors of Moroccan dishes, like Moroccan Freekeh Pilaf with Golden Raisins and Apricots, Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken Thighs, or Moroccan Carrot Noodle Salad with Chickpeas and Walnuts. Your email address will not be published. Taste and adjust seasoning. Join my email list and get a FREE recipe eBook containing my top healthy dessert recipes that are that “something sweet” we all crave without any regret. Depends where you live, but I was able to find it in a large supermarket in London. I’m picking my mum’s brain for recipes (although she tends to ‘eye-ball’ ingredients so it’s more of a challenge than it sounds ) and they will appear on the blog at some point, promise! Add garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, and pepper flakes. Moroccan Chickpea Stew (Gluten Free & Vegan), Click Here For Full Nutrition, Exchanges, and My Plate Info, https://lovefoodnourish.com/moroccan-chickpea-stew-gluten-free-vegan/, Sweet Potato Toast with 3 Delicious Healthy Toppings.