This cake is the perfect addition to any weekend brunch menu. a For the cake: Stir with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly (Make sure the streusel is in pea-sized crumbs). This coffee cake with blueberries and cream cheese filling is just a new version of my popular recipe for Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake. I had to cook mine for longer than 45 minutes ~ about an hour and a half. To make the topping: Combine sugar, flour and chilled cubed butter in a bowl. The first time I made this cake, it took an hour to bake and had a thick cake and thin cream cheese layer, opposite of what’s in the photo. I cant say enough about how good it was !!! With a butter knife, gently swirl the cake batter in a figure 8 motion, being careful not to touch the bottom or the sides of the pan. The original recipe includes sour cream but unfortunately I did not have any in the house last week when an abundance of blackberries made their way to my kitchen so I’ve punted and made a few revisions and I have to say it was just as amazing; as a matter of fact the change was so good I might just make it permanent. A vegan, gluten-free and Whole30 dish that can be served several ways, including as a salad, side dish, or as an appetizer dip with chips and crackers on the side. I’m going to make this with Newfoundland blueberries…the absolute best blueberries anywhere. Recipe tips. Makes 12 servings. Blackberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.com. To make the cake beat softened butter and sugar, then mix in eggs, add dry ingredients and sour cream alternately and combine well. I made as written actually in my Breville counter oven because my oven was tied up, and it cooked perfectly in 45 mins. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. I made this today and found it needed closer to an hour if not longer to cook all the way through. Scatter the fresh berries over the filling and top with the streusel. Remove 1 1/4 cups of cake batter. Love your blueberry coffee cakes. This Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake brings all flavors you love, in every single bite: moist and buttery cake, creamy cheesecake filling, juicy blueberries and crunchy streusel topping. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Spread over cake layer, scatter blueberries on top and make the streusel crumbs. Hi Amanda, cover and store in a fridge, bring to a room temperature before serving. It also freezes well, too! ), © Copyright 2006-2020, The Pioneer Woman | Ree Drummond.All Rights ReservedPowered by WordPress. It’s still Im the oven. I don't drink coffee, but my girls are coffee fiends and they make fun of my 80's coffee pot. This is not a cheesecake, it is a coffee cake. My favorite are the lemon blueberry blueberry cream cheese. https://twitter.com/Maggiep48/status/476166637964759042, liked on facebook as Margaret Maggie POrter, https://www.facebook.com/maggiep48/posts/10203374142566973. Designed by OMGChocolateDesserts, Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes With Streusel Topping, Cranberry Orange Muffins with Streusel Topping. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Just so you know – we participate in the Amazon Associates Program – which is an affiliate advertising program. Preheat oven to 350ºF and make sure oven rack is in the middle position. Spread the batter onto the bottom of the spring form pan, then spread the cream cheese filling over the batter. Spread the batter onto the bottom of the prepared pan. All Right Reserved. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup blueberries. So good warm. It is a low-carb, gluten-free and vegan dish that can be made in one pan and served atop greens or grains, as a side to a main entrée, or all on its own. I noticed another similar recipe that said to use a spatula and bring the cake batter up the sides of the pan leaving about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of batter in the center (kind of like a bowl). Set aside. But it was delicious!! Repeat, ending with flour. Either way it tastes delicious. Cool on a rack, run a thin knife around the cake and loose ring of springform pan. I have an electric stove oven so mines was done at exactly 45 minutes. Turns out you don’t need culinary skills to make magic happen, or even yeast. Perfect recipe. Sprinkle the crumbs over blueberries and bake about 45 minutes. I made this with Bobs red mill grain free Paleo flour for the cake and super fine almond flour for the crumbs ( I am gluten intolerant not celiac). Shared on Facebook and liked! Should my cake batter be thick? Required fields are marked *. Right?! This blackberry coffee cake is moist - the cream cheese is rich, and the streusel topping is perfectly sweet and crunchy. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Bake for about 60 to 70 minutes or until the streusel is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. These wholesome and healthy Coconut Blueberry Wholemeal Muffins are full of coconutty goodness and loaded with nutritious blueberries. Delicious BUT, you need to double cream cheese layer to resemble the picture!