So use a thicker grater or grate in the food processor. They need a bit of seasoning, and I came up with my favorite mix. While making vegan zucchini fritters you can add 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast in the batter for cheese flavor and good texture. Do not grate them finely. Please read our Privacy Policy to learn what private data we may collect from you, how we use it, and how we protect it. So to avoid soggy fritters, all you have to do it grate the zucchini, add some salt and leave it aside for 10 minutes. Mix to form a thick batter. Also adding some oil in the batter helps to make super crispy fritters. Vegetarians can add veg parmesan or crumbled feta cheese too. I’m sure it’s my fault, as I tried adjusting this to what I had in my pantry. Fry the second side till golden and crisp. Serve hot with a dipping sauce of your choice. You can also use shredded zucchini in this recipe. Twitter Chickpea flour is amazing egg substitute in many recipes. Finely chop 1 medium sized onion, 2 to 3 inches small celery stalk, 2 to 3 medium garlic cloves and a few parsley leaves. I tried peanut, cashew and almond butter as well, but I find that only with tahini I truly got the best result. For both methods, make sure to drain zucchinis of the excess liquid afterwards. Use 1 tablespoon of oil, add the fritters to the air fryer and fry according to the directions. 6. Running the kitchen for decades, I share tried and tested Vegetarian recipes with step-by-step photo guide & plenty of tips so that your cooking journey is easier. Depending on the water content in the zucchini, the batter can become too thick or thin. Required fields are marked *. You will need ⅓ cup finely chopped onions, ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic, 2 teaspoons finely chopped celery and 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves. In a seasoned and heavy 10 to 10.5 inches cast-iron skillet or pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil. My fritters turned NOTHING like yours!! As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url. Add 3 tablespoons fine semolina or sooji to get that super crispy edges. If you’d like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. Many of my kids-approved meals are made with zucchini, like the Eggplant Parmesan Zucchini Casserole, the Baked Zucchini Parmesan, or more sweet instead of savory the Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. You can also add grated carrots, boiled corn, shredded broccoli or cabbage. Bake for around 25 minutes. But VERY disappointed for all my efforts! This is a perfect and good recipe that tastes great with yogurt or sour cream dip. Zucchini Fritters made crispy, tasty and wholesome with wholewheat flour, chickpea flour, herbs and spices. Please also acknowledge our Terms & Conditions & User Agreement. It will work with other nut butters but it won’t be the same. You can also add corn flour but I highly recommend semolina. I make these zucchini fritters for brunch or snacking and they vanish too soon. 3 cups thickly grated zucchini/2 medium sized/500 grams/1.10 pounds, crushed or ¼ to ½ teaspoon black pepper powder- add as per taste, or sunflower oil or any neutral flavored oil for frying. Do not grate them finely. One thing we learned along the way—you’ll want to wring out as much excess water from each zuke as possible. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes for each side. Hi! I often make these fritters as after school snack for my kid as it is filling yet light, healthier and made in minutes. For even frying you can flip once or twice. You can even use a strainer with a bowl underneath to drain the oil. Your email address will not be published. You can also add crumbled tofu. Only then add zucchini, otherwise the flour might turn out clumpy. If there is more water still coming out of the zucchini shreds and the mixture is too wet, add a tablespoon extra flour and mix again. A good check if the mixture is fine before baking is to take a bit in the hand. Mix very well. YouTube * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Required fields are marked *. Add some oil at the edges and cook until the fritters become golden brown and crispy from both sides. You have 2 methods that you could use: either use a manual grater, or use a shredding attachment of your food processor. Before shredding, first wash your zucchinis. Do not spread thin as the fritters will break. These fritters have a nice crispy texture from outside with a soft texture from inside. You can peel the zucchini if you want to. Then continue to bake till done. They are naturally vegan and gluten free but no one will notice. If there is more water still coming out of the zucchini shreds and the mixture is too wet, add a tablespoon extra flour and mix again.