These muffins look delish. Chocolate 3 ingredient muffins. Don’t forget the Pie. If your fingers don’t also serve as oven mitts, try using a spoon to leverage the pumpkin muffin out of the muffin tin and gently place it on a baking rack. I know you’ve been waiting (and stirring like a crazy ninja) so go ahead and add in that 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce to your muffin batter, then stir until it is well combined with the other ingredients. To this day, no matter how careful I am, I always end up with a light dusting of cake mix all over me! Here’s a tip to make them even easier; use a “trigger” ice cream scoop (#16) to dish the batter from the bowl to the pan instead of that half cup measure. Now that I have a child of my own, I have made it a tradition for our family to visit our local Pumpkin Patch every year and I can already tell my son is loving it as much as I did as a child. Pumpkin Muffins Vegan in the Freezer. There are only 3 ingredients! Your layout and colors are so fun to look through and your content consistently creative. You’ve got your muffin tin lined with silicone muffin liners, you’ve sprayed the muffin liners with nonstick cooking spray, so now all that’s left is to fill those liners up with pumpkin muffin batter! Spoon the pumpkin muffin batter into the silicone muffin liners, filling them just to the top. 1. I prefer to use Betty Crocker or Pillsbury boxed cake mixes because I find that they are the moistest and flavorful (and also the closest tasting to homemade I have found) but you can use any brand of boxed spice cake mix you prefer. These Pumpkin Muffins make great little gifts or treats to bring to a party, so have fun with them! Just trying to get a better idea of what texture to aim for. Just substitute applesauce for oil, pumpkin for eggs, and voila, you have the most moist (apologies to those of you who have a strong aversion to this word) and fluffy pumpkin spice muffins you’ve ever experienced. Gah!! Don’t forget the Sweet Potatoes! Yes, I am one of THOSE people, and I make no apologies! . When my mom baked growing up, emptying the cake mix into the bowl was always my job and I took it very seriously, although I would usually still end up coated in a powdery cake mix. Thank you Miz Helen! Preheat oven to 350°F and assemble ingredients. I bought the cake and the pumpkin now I’m not sure what to do . Thanks for the delicious reminder!! They’re like candy. I’m still playing with this idea. We always went to the Pumpkin Patch for a field trip and it was the highlight of my year, going through the corn maze, climbing over the tops of the hay bales, and picking my very own pumpkin. PRO. Use a box of yellow cake mix or chocolate cake mix instead of the spice cake mix. I may have to give it a try! These Three-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins are every bit as delicious as her famous Pumpkin Bread was, but I can guarantee that you won’t find any eggshells in these Pumpkin Muffins, why am I so confident? • Spice Cake mix with semi-sweet chocolate chips. Thank you for joining me today in making these Three Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins and please do come back soon! Bummer sorry! And I live in the hot city of Austin, TX with my husband Casey and our 3 kids. • Mix the canned pumpkin and cake mix in a bowl. It’s probably one of those things that’s been floating around Pinterest for years, and I’m totally late to this pumpkin game. Kids love to do this. Maybe you already know this too? Plus, if you are on weight watchers, these have a low points value! And homemade cake mix? Thanks for all the time you put into such a great blog! I made them today in cookie and mini muffin form. 1 box vanilla spice cake mix. I prefer to use Betty Crocker or Pillsbury boxed cake mixes because I find that they are the moistest and flavorful (and also the closest tasting to homemade I have found) but you can use any brand of boxed spice cake mix you prefer. Thank you so its not sweet? Love it! Keep it coming, please! If you are using a half dozen muffin pan as I did, you will need to make two batches since this pumpkin spice muffin recipe yields 12 pumpkin muffins. It’s so fun to start new traditions with him and re-live some favorite childhood memories! Both yummy and my whole family loved them. Thanks for sharing this timely recipe, Dana!!! and it bakes so well and evenly! If you’re looking to brighten someone’s day, add a little pumpkin spice in their life! And if you end up eating 1/2 of the batter straight from the bowl, I won’t judge. Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party. If you want a little extra spice and sweetness, you can always sub in Cinnamon Applesauce for the Unsweetened Applesauce, but I feel that the Spice Cake mix gives these Easy Pumpkin Muffins all they need in the sweetness and spice category. I have pretty burn-proof fingertips from all of the cooking I’ve done over the years, so I just played Hot Potato with these muffins and grabbed them out of the muffin pan quickly with my fingers. I wonder if it would work with GF cake mix? OK. Is it pumpkin chunks in some sort of juice inside the can or is it basically a puree? Hi When I saw your recipe for these pumpkin muffins about a month ago I thought it was a great idea . I have to go with chocolate chips because here in Argentina you dont have more choices…. Thanks for sharing . Three Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins are fast and easy with all of the wonderful flavors of Pumpkin Spice in a muffin. Dana, thank you for your fabulous blog. Very smooth, no chunks. Maybe about 8-10 minutes? This is a much healthier way to consume a treat by simply forgoing vegetable oil and eggs (just one egg has 70% the DRI of cholesterol and 8% DRI of saturated fat). Go ahead and set your oven temperature to 350F and allow it to preheat while you fill your muffin tin with the Pumpkin Muffin batter. I was skeptical too. I know it sounds impossible. Now you can impress all of your friends too.