9 For God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us. 20 But if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him to drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire, That is not, however, the topic upon which I now desire to speak to you. I was scarely two years old when I began having spasms. 7 Night is the time when people sleep and drinkers get drunk. 1 This letter is from Paul, Silas, a and Timothy. The Whole Story: A Life In God's Kingdom, The Word Of God. NLT Life Application Large-Print Study Bible, Third Edition--soft leather-look, teal (indexed), The NLT One Year Chronological Bible - softcover, NLT Life Application Study Bible, Third Edition--soft leather-look, brown/tan (red letter), NLT Large-Print Inspire Bible: The Bible for Coloring & Creative Journaling. Three easy steps to start your free trial subscription to Bible Gateway Plus. Library. Sorry, you don't have permission to view that book. 2 For you know quite well that the day of the Lord’s return will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. Listen to the Bible . Christ died for us so that, whether we are dead or alive when he returns, we can live with him forever. Call us at 888-634-2038. I come at this time, not so much to plead for the early as for the awakening. 11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing. 17 Render to no man evil for evil. (2.) Verse. Learn more. 1Th 5:1 - Now concerning how and when all this will happen, dear brothers and sisters, we don’t really need to write you. He would excite us to maintain the Christian warfare manfully, by the assurance that God intends that we shall be triumphant. “The NLT second edition was put together by a dream team of scholars and linguists and gives us a Bible that is thoroughly reliable and eminently readable.” —John Ortberg. Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading comparison. See a comparison chart of English Bible translations, each placed along a continuum from word-for-word to thought-for-thought to paraphrased. My eyes would roll back in my head, I would froth at the mouth, the tendons of my jaws would draw, causing me to bite my cheeks until the blood ran from my mouth, and I would become unconscious. I come at this time, not so much to plead for the early as for the awakening. Having spoken of the first fruit of sanctification, assurance, I proceed to the second, viz., Peace, Peace be multiplied:' What are the several species or kinds of Peace? 5 For when we brought you the Good News, it was not only with words but also with power, for the Holy Spirit gave you full assurance # 1:5 Or with the power of the Holy Spirit, so you can have full assurance. Text: Romans 12, 16-21. The hour we may speak of at another time--the fact is our subject now. Having spoken of the first fruit of sanctification, assurance, I proceed to the second, viz., Peace, Peace be multiplied:' What are the several species or kinds of Peace? May God give you grace and peace. 16 Be not wise in your own conceits. But who are they? They did so, and continued to offer salvation to them, till at last, being everywhere persecuted, and the whole nation appearing with one consent to reject the Gospel, the kingdom of God was wholly taken away from them, and the apostles turned to the Gentiles. There is an external peace, and that is, (1.) 1 Thessalonians 5. * 5 For you are all children of the light and of the day; we don’t belong to darkness and night. Copy. 9 For God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us. 17 Render to no man evil for evil. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. Paragraph. 20 But if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him to drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire …Martin Luther—Epistle Sermons, Vol. This we are to learn by no conjectures of soothsayers; by no observation of the flight of birds; by no sacrifice which we can make to propitiate his favor, but by the unerring assurance of his holy word. An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the NIV Study Bible and the NKJV MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition - is just a step away! Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. Go to. I would take down the trumpet and give a blast, or ring the alarm-bell till all the faculties of the sluggard's manhood are. Don't have an account? Search the Bible ... 1 Thessalonians 5 :: New Living Translation (NLT) Strong's. You'll get this book and many others when you join Bible Gateway Plus. Night is the time when people sleep and drinkers get drunk. The doctrine of predestination does not lead to despair, but encourages the hope of salvation; and it is no licentious doctrine, for election to salvation by Christ is through sanctification of the Spirit, and unto holiness; and good works are the fruits of it, and are what God has foreordained his people should walk in. All of the Bible scholars and stylists involved in the New Living Translation are Christians who accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God. 1 Thessalonians 5 New Living Translation (NLT). All of the Bible scholars and stylists involved in the New Living Translation are Christians who accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God. (2.) Get your church set-up with online giving, sermon streaming, and more in under 24 hours. When the Jews were rejected, and appointed to wrath, then the Gentiles were elected, and appointed to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, whose Gospel they gladly received, and continue to prize; while the remnant of the Jews continue, in all places of their dispersion, the same irreconcilable and blasphemous opponents of the Gospel of Christ. 9 For God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us. 1 Thessalonians 5:9 Parallel Commentaries . Tools. 1 Thessalonians 5:1-28, NLT. My mother had overworked before I was born; and, as a result, I suffered bodily affliction from infancy. He maketh peace in thy borders. II, The AlarumThat is not, however, the topic upon which I now desire to speak to you. Try it free for 30 days. An error occurred while marking the devotional as read. Hence, it was a great point among the ancients, when about entering into battle, to secure evidence that the gods favored them, and meant to give them the victory. Political, or peace in the state. 1 Thessalonians 5:9 Parallel. For God decided to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger on us. Upgrade, and get the most out of your new account. To manage your subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account settings. It is very obvious that, in the preceding verses, the apostle refers simply to the destruction of the Jewish polity, and to the terrible judgments which were about to fall on the Jews as a nation; therefore, they are the people who were appointed to wrath; and they were thus appointed, not from eternity, nor from any indefinite or remote time, but from that time in which they utterly rejected the offers of salvation made to them by Jesus Christ and his apostles; the privileges of their election were still continued to them, even after they had crucified the Lord of glory; for, when he gave commandment to his disciples to go into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature, he bade them begin at Jerusalem. On these accounts the election of the Gentiles and the reprobation of the Jews still continue. 1 Thessalonians 5:9-11 New Living Translation (NLT). For God hath not appointed us to wrath - This is designed as an encouragement to effort to secure our salvation. Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. Advance your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study Bible notes. You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. To report dead links, typos, or html errors or suggestions about making these resources more useful use our convenient, Baker Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology, Hastings' Dictionary of the New Testament, International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, John Etheridge Translation of the Peshitta, James Murdock Translation of the Peshitta, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Commentary Critical and Explanatory - Unabridged, Kretzmann's Popular Commentary of the Bible, Lange's Commentary on the Holy Scriptures, Thessalonians, First and Second, Theology of, 15 Peculiar (People), Purchased Possession, Thessalonians, the First Epistle of Paul to the, Thessalonians, the Second Epistle of Paul to the.