In a large skillet warm oil over med-high and add chops. If your pork chops are on the thin side, cook for 5-6 minutes (Use a meat thermometer for best results). Adding both browned onion rings and apples are scrumptious additions to this traditional meal. The Best Ever Skillet Pork Chops with Pan Gravy, garlic baked pork chops with sage butter recipe, The Easiest Peppermint Christmas Truffle Recipe, Delightfully Delicious Unicorn Hot Cocoa Bombs Recipe, Rich Milk Chocolate Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe, Cinnamon French Toast Bread Pudding with Glaze, 1 tsp chili powder (or less if prefer lower heat). I suggest you go a little heavier on the salt and pepper when preparing your pork chops. Cook for 1 minute. Super easy to make and tastes even better when reheated the next day. Coarsely chop onion. I will make it again and add more seasoning. That just means that I personally read each and everyone before they are approved for viewing on our family friendly website. Every time I make this recipe I have to remind myself that it's "light". I do make my own mashed potatoes. Gerhild’s Just Like Oma website has always been a go-to when I’m searching for German recipes that taste like home, so I’m absolutely delighted that her fabulous recipes have been captured in book form. SCHNITZEL WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY IS PURE COMFORT FOOD. What’s your favorite? Remove from pan and set aside. These were almost an inch thick, so I let them cook about 6 minutes. Add pork chops to the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side, until well browned. Follow this simple recipe for the best ever skillet pork chops with a rich and easy to make pan gravy. Smile. Place a skillet over Medium heat on your stove top. Probably one of our favorite recipes! Just don’t let it burn. Family Food on the Table, This post may contain affiliate links. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the pork chops are no longer pink in the middle. |   Grab Oma's cookbooks! This is one of my husband's favorite dinners. I pop in all the time as well, to chat and to answer questions. I however do not enjoy this dish except in pictures. I’ve served these up with our Southern Fried Potatoes, and easy Biscuit Bread. Breaded Pork Chop Recipes made Just like Oma, Baked Pork Chop Recipe made Just like Oma, The Best Jagerschnitzel (Jägerschnitzel) made Just like Oma, Lebkuchen ~ Easy German Gingerbread Cookies made Just like Oma, German Red Cabbage Recipe made Just like Oma, 2 tsp mustard (use Düsseldorf Löwensenf, if possible), 1 cup cream (preferably 35% whipping cream, but 18% will do). MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. I like using this flat ended wooden tool to make gravy. Just taste it before serving to see if it needs a bit more salt or black pepper. I realize lots of folks are afraid to make pan gravy. Add the beer and beef broth to the skillet. Add the pork chops and shake lightly to coat. Cook until well browned(about 7 minutes per side). The pork chops are cooked to temp at … I’ve made this recipe now with both options, and while I find the boneless pork chops a bit easier for serving purposes, bone-in chops work just fine. Nestle the pork chops in the sauce, the tops remaining exposed. These German pork chops, aka Schweinekotelett, seasoned with mustard are a traditional recipe from the area around Düsseldorf, which is the capital city of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. "If you repay good with evil, evil will never leave your house. Of course, your favorite green vegetable is a must. ", Hi, I'm Oma Gerhild! I aim to highlight ones that you might find interesting, and if you buy future items from those companies, I may get a small share of the revenue from the sale. (1) Always use a brine of some kind to tenderize the pork chops before cooking. Remove from heat. Rinse the pork chops under cool running water. Serve with pork. If you stir it quickly enough, you will dissolve any lumps that might have tried to form. Quickly stir the flour into the oil and let it brown for about one minute. I had extra time so I made mashed potatoes from scratch. Perfect for tonight! Sprinkle about 2 Tablespoons of flour over the oil in the skillet. Be Blessed!!! Info. Bring to boil to reduce to a gravy. Cover; reduce heat, and simmer for 7 minutes or until gravy is thick and pork is done. Don’t do it all at once, but gradually, stirring quickly to avoid making any lumps. They're very easy to make, there's no reason to buy them. I do hope you’ll try it. Copy and paste the above ingredient list and the number of servings into Calorie Count for an approximate calculation. That's the result. Let cook for 15 minutes or until the pork is cooked through. Your email address will not be published. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. You'll find thousands of German foodies, all eager to help and to talk about all things German, especially these yummy foods. Serve the pork chops with plenty of gravy over top. These are fun spins on classics that pair beautifully with pork. This beautiful cookbook is loaded with regional recipes and mouthwatering photographs. My only complaint: not enough gravy, I would 1.5x the recipe. Season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. My husband loved it and wanted more. Easy skillet apricot chicken {30 minutes}, Quick & easy cauliflower fried rice with chicken. My mom typically made biscuits, but I love the idea of one of these homemade yeast free bread recipes. Many of her recipes were adaptations of German … Return pork to pan. Flip it over and coat the other side with flour. This variation is from Düsseldorf, which is the capital city of the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. Hers always turned out perfectly cooked and moist. Add the pork to pan, and cook pork for 3 minutes on each side. While pork cooks, prepare potatoes according to package directions. In fact, they are actually the same cut of pork, only one just has the bone removed and a bit more fat trimmed. In a small bowl, combine the flour, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, sage, marjoram, black pepper, and salt, and whisk until combined well. Dredge the pork chops in the flour spice mixture until well coated on all sides. My favorite is a simple one, one that always turns out juicy and delicious! Cook 4-5 minutes on each side until browned. Remove the pork chops from the skillet and set aside (cover to hold heat); Now, add the chicken broth and vinegar to the skillet and use a wooden spoon to break up any fond (bits of food) on the bottom of the skillet; Stir in the honey then simmer until reduced by half; When reduced, add in the butter and stir until melted; Remove the skillet from the heat, add the pork chops back into the sauce, and spoon the gravy over them; Let the chops rest for another 1-2 minutes in the pan gravy before serving with sauce over the top and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.