This was very tasty everyone loved it. This recipe also onions, bell peppers, garlic, mushrooms diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. One thing we know for sure is that pesto has to be our favorite pasta sauce – and that holds true for both of us! Or, serve your zucchini spaghetti with a simple marinara sauce, a rich and meaty bolognese, basil pesto, or this creamy butternut squash pasta sauce. Markle revealed to Delish that she has a unique method of making pasta sauce by slow-cooking zucchini for four to five hours. When she tasted it she was so indignant because she was grown and had never had a zucchini. It looks so fun and delicious!!! Trust me when I say I totally get it. The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. The only changes I made was I used a lot less salt and Morningstar vegetarian crumbles instead of meat. For that reason, I now put it in there raw. However, that can’t be further from the truth. This zucchini pasta sauce satisfies your craving for Italian food while providing the nutrients you need. I had minced garlic in a jar, so that’s what I used. Add the diced onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, and minced garlic. Eveyone loves recipes that are easy to whip up, and pesto pasta has got to be on the top of the list for that! Or you can use ground beef, pork, or even seafood. Since I picked up some zucchini that was on sale at Aldi, that’s the star of this recipe. When you want something that is both delicious and nutritious, make this zucchini pasta sauce and serve it over spaghetti. I am a bit fussy with seasonings but decided to follow the recipe. Just made it without any meat-delicious! Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Eveyone loves recipes that are easy to whip up, and pesto pasta has got to be on the top of the list for that! Learn how your comment data is processed. When it’s done, you’ll be more than ready to dig in. Finally, I poured some chicken broth into the pot. Just WAY too much sauce." Turned out exactly as described. Another thing you might want to have with your meal is a side salad. Stir in the tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Turn the slow cooker on low and leave it for 6-8 hours. I'm sure it would've been great without the changes but when I think of spaghetti sauce I must have mushrooms and onions. Feel free to share our recipes on your blog using a photo and link back to the original recipe. For best results of noodle shapes, run the zucchini through a spiralizing tool. Finish the sauce by adding some chicken broth, butter, and the lemon juice… Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Just quickly stir fry the zucchini and it’s done. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. First, I placed the cut chicken and zucchini in the bottom of the pot. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. You saved Zucchini Spaghetti to your. Sprinkle in some seasonings for flavor, spoon it over pasta, and you have a meal fit for royalty. See this recipe shared at Meal Plan Monday, Full Plate Thursday, and Weekend Potluck. I (always) use soy crumbles instead of ground beef and also didn't read the shopping list correctly when shopping so ended up with an 8oz can of tomato sauce rather than the 15oz the recipe calls for so I about 5oz water to make up for lack of liquid. Yes, it’s that good. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; The flavor of Parmesan, zucchini and butter marry quite nicely together in this simple and delicious dish, and it’s our favorite way to have this healthy vegetable. Add the diced onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, and minced garlic. Give the mixture a good stir, pop the lid on top, and turn the slow cooker on. This simple recipe for Zucchini Spaghetti is super quick to prepare, and it is perfect for those nights when you don’t have a lot of time to cook dinner for the family, but still want to serve something healthy and delicious. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Martha is a self-taught home cook, who loves to read cookbooks and try new recipes. Copyright © 2020 Scrambled Chefs on the Foodie Pro Theme. If you want more ingredients or seasonings, feel free to add them. Stir in the tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Then, quickly sautéed the zucchini in a small amount of butter and finish with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan, plus salt and pepper if you’d like.