With moistened hands, roll bean mixture into balls. Roll balls into crushed tortilla chips or Doritos (a mini food processor works great for this job.) Place cooled beans, egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, tomato, bell pepper, jalapeno, red onion, and garlic cloves in … —Donna Ahnert, Scotia, New York For brunch, I add a fried egg on top. Not with these recipes. I purchased a couple of Bob's Red Mill 13 Bean Soup packages. What can I do with the leftover beans? Stuff the inside with cubes of cheese, a slice of leftover grilled hot dog or sausage, or leave plain. Allow beans to cool before mixing with other ingredients. Transform Leftover White Beans into Three Amazing Meals ... One cup goes into a cheesy cauliflower puree topped with seared shrimp. Begin with cold leftover beans. If too thin, mash an avocado into the beans. Place in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 3 minutes, to get rid of some of the moisture in the beans. For 1 lb of cooked green beans, I use ~1/2 lb ham cut into ~1" x 1/2" squares, ~1 or 1/2 sliced yellow onions, 1-2 cloves of garlic, chicken stock. by Texas Homesteader~ I often make dried beans using my pressure cooker. A 1-pound package of Camellia Brand Pinto Beans costs about the same as one 15-ounce can of beans, but it yields 5-6 cups of cooked beans compared to just 1 1/2 cups per can of beans. With moistened hands, roll bean mixture into balls, just as you would a meatball. If too thin, mash beans or add an avocado into the beans. Unfortunately, I have lots of leftover *pre-soaked* beans. But recently I cooked some great northern beans. More beans become the base for a two-bean soup, and the rest are incorporated into a quick collard sauté with collards, bacon, chicken, and a splash of vinegar. I’m a ‘Cook-Once, Eat-Twice‘ cook. I like green beans and ham. Rinse beans with cold water. You can substitute other beans, use kale instead of spinach or add leftover corn. (I … Begin with cold leftover beans. That’s a lot more to work with when it comes to family-friendly menu planning. Stuff cubes of cheese, a slice of leftover grilled hot dog or sausage inside, or leave plain. Bean boredom? This soup is so satisfying. For dinner, my husband adds lots of hot sauce! Meaning I like to cook lots of one item and use it either again later in the week, or as a completely different dish as part of my Planned Leftovers meals..