You can make these spiced pumpkin cookies gluten-free by substituting regular whole wheat flour for an all-purpose gluten-free flour. These Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are so fudgy, moist, gluten-free, dairy-free and oil-free. In a large mixing bowl, add all your dry ingredients and whisk until combined. My new favourite treat! (It helps to wet the fork or spoon so it doesn't stick to your cookies.). ), Amazing Vegan Baked Ziti (All Whole Foods! This is a general rule, every recipe will be different. Preheat oven to 350°F and have a large cookie sheet or baking tray ready. I'm Melanie McDonald (but you can call me Mel), best-selling cookbook author and creator of A Virtual Vegan. Thank you for sharing this great gluten free, whole food recipe! That said, if you are up for a challenge or have experience using whole pumpkins for baked goods, then go for it! Your email address will not be published. Get my Top 10 reader's favourite recipes e-Cookbook FREE! Perfect for fall or all year round. But I did a little digging, and it turns out the answer is rather complicated. You can use pumpkin pie filling instead of the pumpkin puree in this cookie recipe. It's way too stiff, even for a high powered blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec. You might need to add another tablespoon of plant milk to thin out the glaze. Just add all the dry ingredients first and mix well. These Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are so easy to make and no one knew I had substituted healthier ingredients! I went for 12 minutes. Put the blade back in the food processor and add all of the filling ingredients. Baked 12-14 minutes. Add the oats to a food processor and process until a coarse flour-like consistency. Some people also include allspice. Process everything until smooth. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. ‘Tis the official season of PUMPKIN! One of the things I love about canned pumpkin is how easy it is to use. I haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure spelt flour would work well. This Vegan Pumpkin Cookie Recipe is light and oil-free but full of amazing pumpkin spice flavors. Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site! Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 2 months. I would think half a cup of butter to 1.5-2 cups of powdered sugar would be plenty for a batch of cookies. Help spread the word. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 11 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool for 2–3 minutes on the pan. Add the oat flour, coconut sugar, vanilla bean powder, and sea salt to the coconut butter mixture, and sift in the baking powder and baking soda. The batter will be thick, so a silicone spatula is recommended over a whisk.  I agree to No Sweat Vegan's Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy. Nor is the bright orange pumpkins we place on our porch each Halloween. *Disclosure: Some of the links included in this post are affiliate links. I'm pretty sure they are just filled with buttercream so just vegan butter creamed together with powdered sugar and maybe a tiny splash of vanilla. Step 4 - Form into cookies and bake. Slightly flatten each cookie with a spatula or your hand. For Gluten-Free, scroll up and read the instructions in the blog post. I've never made oatmeal cream pies but will add them to my list to try for the blog at some point. This recipe was originally published on September 13th 2017. Pit the dates and put them in a bowl, then cover them with boiling water from a kettle. You could probably use coconut cream (the hard part from the can) whipped with a little powdered sugar too for a slightly healthier option. While the cookies are in the oven, get started on the glaze. Your email address will not be published. Always made using wholesome ingredients, and always under 400 calories per serving. Test the consistency of the glaze. (The only ingredient that I wouldn’t skip is the cinnamon since that tends to be the most dominant flavor.) Depending on whether or not the brand already contains a binder, you might also be able to omit the flaxseed. Made in one bowl, in no time flat, they are also grain-free, oil-free, and vegan. Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. Line two cookie trays with parchment paper or silicone mats. For more healthier cookie recipes check out my: Subscribe to my email list for a fabulous FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes. Gradually beat in flour mixture. BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Hi Donna! The glaze just gives them a little something extra, but if you want to cut back on calories or sugar then omitting the icing is an easy way to do that. Click here to receive new recipe updates! Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes;. ), Healthy Vegan Oil-Free Granola (So buttery! However, most recipes on the internet call for 1 cup of pumpkin. In order to use the whole can of pumpkin, this recipe makes 2 batches (24) cookies. Your email address will not be published. Use a medium-sized ice cream scoop or two soup spoons to transfer the batter to the lined trays. Soft Gluten-free Pumpkin Cookies (vegan w/ gluten and sugar-free options) These Soft Pumpkin Cookies are gluten free, vegan, and sugar free. Tender, lightly sweet, and all-around perfect pumpkin almond flour cookies. Once the batter is ready, use a medium-sized ice cream scoop or two spoons to transfer the batter to the cookie tray. If you don't they will be too dry and stiff and won't bind the cookies properly. Canned pumpkin is great for all sorts of baked goods including pancakes, muffins, and brownies. Preheat an oven to 350°F (177°C) and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. , Hello & Ciao, I’m Rosa! Use vegan-friendly miniature chocolate chips (these are my favorite!). If your oat flour isn’t superfine, the batter will be overly wet. Read More About Me…. Thanks for your support! Required fields are marked *. Preheat oven to 325°F. These look so good! Replies to my comments I gave some cookies to my non-vegan friends/family and they all said they were delicious!! I asked my daughter what she liked about them and she replied 'everything!' Don't subscribe Don't forget to soak the dates in hot water. Welcome to this healthy kitchen where you will find tasty and nutritious, plant based recipes with tons of gluten free and oil free options too! Also be sure to check out my cookbook Vegan Comfort Cooking for even more recipes!