1 whole tilapia, cleaned My kids haven’t decided if they like fish or not yet! Heat and stir for 1-2 minutes or until it has thickened. I also added some chopped onion to give the sauce a kick. Originally Published On: February 3, 2017. What I love about your recipes is they are simple but super yummy. The recipe starts by melting butter in a GoodCook 1.4 Qt Ceramic Dish. And regarding the meal, in the words of the old commercial, “Try it. Combine the lemon juice, wine, and honey in a small saucepan over medium high heat. I love things that are simple with only a few ingredients, because our life tends to be very hectic, especially during the week! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Son Shine Kitchen was created to help other busy parents discover new recipes and learn cooking tips so they can create amazing meals for the family. . And it helps to slowly introduce it to the kids, too. Snap a picture and upload to Instagram. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. Stir in the parsley. Required fields are marked *. This also goes great with some steamed vegetables. 2. LOL!! Transfer the fish to a platter and let it rest for 10 minutes. My daughters were a little skeptical of the sauce but after tasting it they cleaned their plates. Your email address will not be published. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition No matter which you make, the sauce is what brings it all together! Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily. If you try this recipe at home, we’d love to see a photo of it! Light your grill. ½ cup dry white wine, like a Pinot Grigio Over all nice and light would definitely make again! And I can see that a good pasta with a white wine sauce might be good. Went out for a wonderful meal to a nice restaurant on the square in Murfreesboro. But I’ve kind of gotten used to spending the holiday with the in-laws and out-laws. This will be going straight to my other half, he loves fish. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Problem displaying Facebook posts.Click to show errorfunction cffShowError() { document.getElementById("cff-error-reason").style.display = "block"; document.getElementById("cff-show-error").style.display = "none"; }, 2801 S.W. Lemon Garlic Butter Tilapia is an effortless dinner recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights. It’s been awhile since I’ve made any type of fish for dinner! We love tilapia for its mild flavor and inexpensive price point. I love that it’s healthy and different form what I normally cook! Fresh garlic infuses the melted butter right before the tilapia fillets are placed in the dish. Sheet Pan Baked Tilapia with Roasted Vegetables. Place the seasoned salt and 3 tsp of flour on a plate. Cook Fish 25 min. Especially if it’s smoked gouda!! We love the. It was a bit tart. Anyway, when we would go grocery shopping, they always had a turn-style holder with a bunch of free recipe cards that you could take. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Anytime I go to Florida and take a trip to Publix I look through the recipe cards. Look at the head of hair on that child! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Your New Year’s Eve sounds pretty much like ours except for the delicious dinner. Followed previous suggestions to cut lemon juice in the sauce down by half and it turned out great. This Lemon Garlic Butter Tilapia … That’s it—so simple and so delicious! safely cuts through leafy herbs in seconds. Substitute 1/2 tsp dry dill for every tblsp of fresh dill. Let the fish stand at room temperature for 20 minutes; pat dry with paper towels. Lemon Garlic Butter Tilapia is an effortless dinner recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights. Isn’t it amazing that something as simple as butter can add so much flavor?! I believe butter makes everything better. My family loved this... but I gave it only 4 stars because I changed it quite a bit. Happy Tilapia Making! A fish dinner sounds intimidating to make, but this Lemon Garlic butter Tilapia recipe is so quick and easy to get on the dinner table. ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped. oklahomapastrycloth@oklahomapastrycloth.com. Brush the fish all over with olive oil and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Between school, events, and other commitments, it’s hard to find time for much else. I like those “boisterous” events. ¼ cup capers, drained and roughly chopped You can add more fresh not-from-concentrate lemon juice to taste. Maybe it would be good with WAY less lemon. Skinless tilapia fillets are covered with a garlicky butter sauce, topped with sliced lemon, and baked until tender and flaky. The lemon sauce along with butter he would like too xx. Juice the lemon and set both the juice and zest aside. Finally, add the lemon juice and continue to whisk until everything is well combined. Oh I am not a fish person but my husband loves Tilapia and I bet he would love this recipe! I hope he enjoys the recipe. We had a fairly quiet Christmas. I've changed the amount of lemon from the original also; I'm used to starting 2 lbs of fish and forgot to convert down to 6 servings. The original recipe said to make it with some angel hair pasta, and we often do. I have found that almost any citrus tends to work well with fish, especially lime and lemon. Cooking fish at home has never been this easy! Microwave cream cheese only 17 secounds. I never would have thought to take out the fish and make a sauce with the left over butter .It sounds so good and I love lemon! 4. Oklahoma Pastry Cloth is proudly powered by Instructions The sauce however...I love creamy sauce and this was much too tart with only barely half the lemon juice called for (and again less than half amount dried dill) and triple the cream cheese. 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature Served on a bed of rice with the sauce arranged artistically around the plate, it looks absolutely stunning. Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add tilapia filets sprinkle with thyme cook for about 4-5 minutes, carefully turn and cook another 4-5 minutes. Skinless tilapia fillets are covered with a garlicky butter sauce, topped with sliced lemon, and baked until tender and flaky. Give it one last taste and adjust accordingly. I love board games. This looks like a very yummy recipe! In a small bowl, whisk together butter, garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest; set aside. Dredge the tilapia in the flour mixture. I only like fish every now and then, and tilapia is one of the few I will eat since it isn’t very fishy. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/tilapia-with-lemon-caper-sauce It was fun. You saved Tilapia with Creamy Sauce to your. Easy, quick and inexpensive; fairly healthy as long as you don't go overboard on the butter - you can half the amount of butter or replace with Smart Balance or the like to cut down on the sat fat and still get the same flavor. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until reduced by half, about 5-7 minutes. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Fish being one of my favourites, I enjoy the idea of lemon flavour with it. I love making fish for dinner and this tilapia sounds fantastic! Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper Serve the tilapia with your favorite grain and a fresh green salad. Used real butter and dried dill (a little less than half the amount of the fresh listed). I haven’t tried this on chicken, but I never thought about it. I think he hates sitting still that long! Using a microplane, zest the lemon, removing as much as possible without getting any of the pith. Plus you’ll receive new recipes in your inbox every week. I share this with my mother. You’d have me there in a heartbeat. Place fish in the garlic butter and sprinkle with half the salt. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/75021/tilapia-with-creamy-sauce Fresh dill makes a beautiful garnish for this recipe, and the. The sauce is great for the fish and it works for pasta as well. Tags: blackened, Butter Cream Sauce, cajun, Flounder, salmon, shrimp, Tilapia. Fish is our go-to when we need a quick meal since it never takes long to prepare. We usually have a fish dish in our weekly rotation and this is a delicious addition! This, though, sounds like a super recipe that my daughter who claims she dislikes fish would actually like!