Pingback: No Bake Passion Fruit Cheesecake Bites | How to Cook Jamaican, Thank you! Set the crust aside to be baked later with the cheesecake filling. How do you avoid it? Thanks for sharing your success with us! Can’t wait to try it tonight. Kinda like drizzling a topping on a cinnamon role? I like it both ways. This is the cheesecake for a cheesecake purist. It will still taste great but if you want a pure white, use clear vanilla. Hello, Hello Classy Clutter readers! It is the exact same one I used to make and very simple. Creamy classic vanilla cheesecake with a sweet and light sour cream topping. It is a vanilla classic cheesecake but you top it with a sweetened sour cream layer and oh my goodness it is good! Thanks. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition The addition of cinnamon in the crust sounds wonderful. This post was originally published on 6/15/2011. I am trying it tonight for a dinner party tomorrow, wish me luck! For mix ins, some jam swirled in should work out well! i’m sure your man was delighted :). I also love the all spice in the graham cracker crust. In anticipation I asked him weeks ago what kind of birthday cake he wanted. Hi! Melt in your mouth. That's an affiliate link.). For the Sour Cream Topping: While the cheesecake is cooling, whisk the sour cream, sugar and vanilla together until smooth. It is really an easy recipe and I haven’t had mine crack on me yet! Strawberries, butter, vanilla and raw honey cooked on low in a pot ’til softened – then blend with the hand blender until creamy. To make the topping, add your sour cream to a small mixing bowl. Mix together the sour cream, sugar & vanilla. I’m assuming, as always, full-fat is better :) However, sometimes my arteries ask for a bit of a break. It tastes perfect. With this recipe Can you add any fruit to the sour cream filling ? Not only is is delicious….it is actually easier to make than most cheesecakes I’ve tried….and oh, SO good. It’s my job But seriously, this classic cheesecake is AH-mazing! It was more like a cheesecake pie. I wish I was having cheesecake for dinner tonight!!!! And can we add flavors putting a little jelly or Coco powder??? Earlier this week was my husband Andy’s birthday. We will see! Mom's recipe has several adaptations from the original one she received from a friend. Lemon Bars with Sweet Sour Cream Topping Amanda's Cookin' sour cream, lemon zest, unsalted butter, salt, powdered sugar and 8 more. If you don’t it may tint the topping a darker color. Bake the cheesecake for 45-50 minutes, until it's set. But the taste and texture was PERFECT! Mine was still absolutely liquid in the middle? The bottom layer is just a plain cheesecake- it will still taste good…just not as good– lol!! Required fields are marked *. Thanks for telling me! I knew she originally got the recipe from phidelphia cream cheese box, but the quantities the cheese came in were smaller than today. I had a cheesecake very similar to this at my Thanksgiving this year. “What flavor? Note: No sugar needed for the gingersnap crust. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Looks amazing! My Mom's Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping is a huge family favorite! But, he would slightly undertake the center layer, by just a bit, added the sour cream layer. Thanks for stopping by to comment- you made me smile this morning , I tired this. Used a hand blender to combine with the butter. We lost my Mom very recently, and I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find the recipe. I’m making it for my brothers birthday in a few weeks- he’s an “only cheesecake” kind of guy- enjoy!!!! Store in the fridge for about 30-40 minutes. I will be printing this one and putting in my book. I have just recently found your website and i am excited to try something out . Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Transfer the crust mixture to the pan and press it evenly onto the bottom surface, not the sides. I bet other berries would work well too. © 2015 - Solo Pine. In case you missed last week's post, Easybaked is featuring family "tried and true" recipes during the month of November. , Love this cheesecake! Creamy good I tell you. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until lightly browned. We've loved this cheesecake for decades. Required fields are marked *. Filling: In a large bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and sugar together on medium to medium-high speed. had this receipe yrs ago and lost it what a wonderful find today! I bought a new spring form pan, that is the only difference. Will it harden up after it cools down? Mom always slices her cheesecake into dainty squares, unlike my lasagna-slab portions you see here. 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened, Back to Pumpkin Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping. Press crust onto the bottom and 1 1/2-inches up the side of prepared springform pan. Well even if that happens in this case, the sour cream topping smooths right over it and won’t crack with you bake it. After baking the cheesecake with the sour cream sauce on top, it is still runny. Now even though it was simple, this cheesecake was really pretty great. Came out pretty well..thanks! Serve the cheesecake chilled, with fresh blueberries, if desired. FOR THE TOPPING: When the cheesecake is done baking, remove from the oven & increase the oven to 450 degrees.