Delish editors handpick every product we feature. Bring water to a boil. Add the cooled potatoes to the mixture, and toss until the potatoes are fully coated. I love the velvety taste and texture of sweet potatoes. It's still delicious! This is a Sweet Potato Salad with oomph! Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, garlic powder and salt & pepper to taste. Get the recipe from Cinnamon, Spice, and Everything Nice. Best served chilled. With roasted sweet potato, baby spinach, wild rice, feta and almonds drizzled with a honey lemon lemon sauce, there’s a great variety of textures and flavours. However, with all these cold, mayonnaise-based salads, I always cut the mayo in half and use a light sour cream for the other. Get the recipe from Two Peas and Their Pods. This came out really, really well . You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, 21 Savory And Sweet Recipes For Fresh Cranberries, 20 Mind-Blowing Ways to Eat Baked Apples This Fall, Courtesy of Cinnamon, Spice, and Everything Nice. Dishes & Beverages. Add salt and pepper to taste. If we have to say good-bye to summer, at least do it with bacon. You won't even need dressing with the sweet grapes in there. Make a big batch so you can enjoy it for a few days! This potato salad is awesome!!! Want to turn your side dish into a hearty meal? Salads (41) Creamy Potato Salads (20) BBQ (4) Garden Salads (4) Salad Dressings (3) No-Mayo Potato … Get the recipe from Sweet Peas and Saffron. In a bowl, mix together the cornichons or relish, mustard, honey, celery, lemon zest and juice and red onion. We may earn commission from the links on this page. I salt (everything) very lightly and sprinkled a really good layer of pepper over the potatoes. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. I enjoyed this recipe. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The sweet potatoes added such a nice touch, and my husband, who thinks he hates sweet potato, thought they were carrots and loved them! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/g2960/sweet-potato-salads You saved Sweet Potato Potato Salad to your. Thanks Dee. Plus, get more easy sweet potato recipes and delicious desserts made with sweet potatoes! Add the warm potatoes to the dressing and toss. If necessary, cook the bacon according to these easy steps. Garnish with extra chives and parsley. Warm or cold, these sweet potato salad recipes make an extra special side for picnics, potlucks and laid back dinners at home. Also, I used only half the eggs. While the potatoes are cooling, in a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, scallions, red pepper, chives, orange zest, apple cider vinegar and hot sauce. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Very pretty, and everyone commented. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. This was definitely different but very good. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I decided to do 1/2 regular mustard and 1/2 dijon mustard... added a little zip that I would definitely recommend trying! Add the mayonnaise, chives and parsley to the celery-onion mixture and stir to combine. Wine And Spirit Tags Are Perfect For Holidays, These Candles Smell Like Dunkin' Coffee And Donuts, The Best Kitchen Deals For Black Friday 2020, Steve Kornacki Projected Thanksgiving Desserts, Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Spinach and Grapes, Sweet Potato, Pomegranate, and Crispy Quinoa Salad, Chipotle Lime Chicken and Sweet Potato Salad, Black Bean Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato and Kale Salad, Paleo Sweet Potato Salad with Bacon and Eggs, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. I omitted the celery because I don't like it and it tasted wonderful. I loved the different colors of the salad - very appealing! Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes, 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, plus more for garnish, 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, plus more for garnish, Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Best Potato and Sweet Potato Side Dish Recipes. Delish participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. This is a great potato salad! Select Filters. Throw everything good for you in there and live your healthiest life. The celery adds a welcome crunch. Sienna Livermore is a commerce editor at Hearst covering best-selling products, home items, fashion, beauty, and things you just can't live without. I didn't care for the sweet potato in this salad but the rest was okay. Thanks! Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Season to taste. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 30 minutes. 244 calories; protein 4.9g 10% DV; carbohydrates 14.3g 5% DV; fat 19g 29% DV; cholesterol 100.8mg 34% DV; sodium 480.7mg 19% DV. It tastes like fall, but all those bright colors will definitely remind you of summer. Refrigerate and serve chilled. I found it easier to largely cube the potatoes before boiling then they only needed twenty minutes cooking time & were all set to toss in the mayo mix. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Congrats! Little bit of summer, little bit of fall. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Drain the potatoes in a colander, put back in the saucepan, add the vinegar and, using a rubber spatula, toss gently to combine. … But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Drain, cool, peel and chop. Throw some wild rice in there. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I think next time I will use 2 sweet potatoes and 1 white potato for a little more of the sweet potato flavor. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Use pomegranate seeds to add juicy sweetness. Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. I think the sweet potatos come out best if you steam them. Sweet potatoes and potatoes combine to make a different type of salad that will pleasantly surprise you.