So do you guys wanna know what my latest obsession is? So. This breakfast-style grilled cheese is loaded to the max with scrambled eggs and lots of gooey mozzarella.---The ultimate grab 'n' go breakfast! In the cheesy direction. Top with remaining bread to form 3 sandwiches. This is the ultimate breakfast sandwich, and one of my go-to breakfasts to make at home on the weekend. Made this a few minutes ago. If you lost count, that’s 11.3498 seconds in total. Along with the butter and cheese, we could barely manage to eat half a sandwich each. 1) In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk or cream and season with salt and pepper. Scrambled Eggs with Cheese – the chicken or the egg? Next time, I might just eat them out of the pan with a spoon and call it a day. BOOM. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Monday dreams are in.yo.face.fo.real in 3…2…1…. Spread butter on both sides of bread and cook grilled cheese in batches in a saucepan over medium-high heat 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden and cheese is melted. A breakfast sandwich that everyone loves. For me it was more a breakfast burrito. Once it’s done, immediately remove from the pan so the eggs don’t overcook. I really wanted to love this, but it disappointed across the board: 4 eggs (medium size) produced WAY too much, scrambled egg poured out of the sandwiches into the second pan, all over when we cut them with a sharp serrated blade and when we tried to eat our sandwiches. To get all the latest delicious recipesstraight to your inbox, This breakfast-style grilled cheese is loaded to the max with scrambled eggs and lots of gooey mozzarella.---The ultimate grab 'n' go breakfast! Hey, I'm Sarah! But I’ve decided it was time to share my love for this recipe, considering I have now made it countless times and have practically memorized it. In other news, I am cautiously breaking up with the oats and making my move to go steady with Scrambled Egg Grilled Cheese in the get-me-outta-this-rut-asap breakfast department. Drizzle some hot sauce on top buns and top eggs with melty cheese. How the heck should I know and why would anyone even CARE how many home runs Derek Jeter made in his career?! I’m pretty much ALWAYS stuck in one, I’m sad to report….Oatmeal is currently my breakfast bestie and I am slooooowly working on trying to turn that rut around. And they lived happily ever after in their house of grilled cheese. How would you rate Wylie Dufresne’s Scrambled Egg Sandwich? MAKE THIS SANDWICH. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium. Bread - Wonder Bread with Fibre (I'm in Canada, not sure if they sell exactly this in the U.S). my Dad's nickname is Wylie (we are also Dufresnes), Wowowowowow. I've made variations to produce several sandwiches, swapped out different cheeses (based on what we have on hand) and am at the point where the little measuring required is no longer needed. MUAH! Chives – Compliment the scrambled egg beautiful. It was great. You just CANNOT beat the awesomeness that these mighty breakfast sammies hold. BRILLIANT! Pour eggs into skillet and add parsley and garlic. I made just one sandwich and I used one egg. Pour in beaten eggs. Your email address will not be published. I kinda have the most awesome mash-up of breakfast and lunch EVER stuffed into one glorious sandwich today. Okay, we are somehow waaaaaay off topic and I get the feeling that you guys are slowly moving towards that “x” on the top of your screen. So tasty! It's made with scrambled eggs, bacon, avocado, tomato, and cheese. I have been making scrambled eggs for years, but this way of making them is far and away the best I have ever had. Soft scrambled eggs in about a minute? Distribute scrambled eggs on bottom buns. Scrambled Eggs with Cheese – the chicken or the egg? I promise I’m gonna focus now. Ad Choices, Photo by Alex Lau, Food Styling by Susie Theodorou. This meal is part breakfast sandwich and part grilled cheese. Do Ahead: Eggs can be scrambled 2 hours ahead. Immediately remove from heat and whisk in cream cheese. I have also chopped up some chorizo and thrown it in with the scramble As soon as it begins to foam, add eggs and cook, … Cooking advice that works. Your email address will not be published. Believe me, you REALLY want me to ramble on and on about that. Using a sharp knife or large cookie cutter, cut sandwich into an egg shape; cut a zigzag line through the middle of the oval, creating 2 “cracked egg… Add the onion and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. As eggs start to cook, drag your spatula through to create egg curds or ribbons. However, I can safely say I am now a full egg & cheese convert. The sweets-obsessed girl behind the blog. Specifically, soft scrambled eggs are my ultimate favorite on how I like my eggs prepared for breakfast. Used soy & linseed sourdough because it’s what we had but it would be SO much better with thick, white bread. Hearty Texas toast helps keep everything glued together and the Garlic Habanero Hot Sauce adds an extra zing of flavor and helps awaken the taste buds early in the morning. Melt some cheese in a non-stick pan. Bye. If these sammies aren’t bringing breakfast to a new SKY-HIGH level of epicness, I don’t know what will. (besides these sammies) It’s called Trivia Crack and I pretty much spent this entire past weekend playing it. I make scrambled egg cheese sandwiches on toast all the time…but grilled??? Whisk eggs and cayenne in a small bowl; season generously with salt. I guess I’d better focus on this grilled cheese business. All rights reserved. The scrambled eggs were delicious prepared this way, but WAY too rich. Toast sandwiches until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Aug 28, 2020 - A scrambled egg grilled cheese combines a grilled cheese and a breakfast sandwich. , Filed Under: All Posts, Breakfast, Recipes, Sandwiches & Burgers, Savory Breakfast Tagged With: breakfast, brunch, cheese, easy, grilled cheese, lunch, sandwiches, scrambled eggs. We didn’t believe it either until we tried this recipe from Wylie Dufresne, who created this sandwich hybrid at Du's Donuts in NYC. I made this today for myself for lunch. 2) Melt the butter in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Can't recommend this one, sorry. But that yolky flavor is replaced with those melty, goey, nostalgic American cheese slices from your childhood. I made this for the first time two weeks ago when we started social isolation.